*** Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Thread ***

The game yes. The map packs, IMO, definitely not worth it. That is 2400 points for some relatively poor maps..

Having just spoken to my mates , it appears I will have little choice but to buy the map packs , they all have them . so to prevent getting booted out of the game I have to buy them :( . As much as I hate the way activision are pricing this dlc I will most likely end up buying it.

Having just spoken to my mates , it appears I will have little choice but to buy the map packs , they all have them . so to prevent getting booted out of the game I have to buy them :( . As much as I hate the way activision are pricing this dlc I will most likely end up buying it.

You wont get booted, it just wont put them in the rotation

you wont get booted if your in a party with them.

When your in a party together it just says "DLC 2 is disabled, xxx does not have the map pack" and doesnt bring the maps up in rotation.

I would try out the MoH beta and the BlackOps beta (depending on how open it is) before buying this game again, definitely before buying the maps, I'll be shelving MW2 for a bit to get into the APB and MoH betas after exams I reckon

It's not particularly broken, they need to reduce idle and ADS sway with snipers when crouched, remove it when prone, and magnify it when standing, and also reduce movement speed with snipers to the same or less than with an LMG, considering snipers are a lot bigger and more cumbersome.

Completely agree with this. Reduce the mobility of sniping and then they will be no more quick scoping etc.

Quickscoping requires more skill than running around with a UMP in all honesty. You're firing one bullet every 2 seconds on a gun like the Intervention whereas with the UMP you're firing around 15.

Sniping is what makes the game a lot of fun for me. I am always in private matches with my friends doing sniper and throwing knives only games - good fun.

Quickscoping requires more skill than running around with a UMP in all honesty. You're firing one bullet every 2 seconds on a gun like the Intervention whereas with the UMP you're firing around 15.

Sniping is what makes the game a lot of fun for me. I am always in private matches with my friends doing sniper and throwing knives only games - good fun.

But because the snipers are usuable at close range, to balance them they had to make them no better than LMG's and AR's at long range, defeating the point of having them as snipers imo.

Reduce the mobility of sniping and then they will be no more quick scoping etc.

Nothing wrong with quickscoping. Infact it probably takes the most skill out of anything in the game.

But because the snipers are usuable at close range, to balance them they had to make them no better than LMG's and AR's at long range, defeating the point of having them as snipers imo.

I dont see using them at close range being a problem, takes skill apart from the occasional lucky no scope, and 90% of the time any other gun is going to beat it. The problem is hitmarkers and the fact other guns are so accurate (and powerful) over long range even when spraying. Thic could be solved by making assault rifles/smgs's less effective over range or giving them a little sway when ADS.

Best .50 cal video ever, shows exactly whats wrong with cod. (in the game any of those random pistol shots would have hit and been a 1 shot kill on her XD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzBTS6t60j0

Ok yes quickscoping does take good skill. One that I use but it is highly annoying. The amount of power that a sniper has (one bullet kill) you shouldnt be able to use at close range

Nothing wrong with quickscoping. Infact it probably takes the most skill out of anything in the game.

I dont see using them at close range being a problem, takes skill apart from the occasional lucky no scope, and 90% of the time any other gun is going to beat it. The problem is hitmarkers and the fact other guns are so accurate (and powerful) over long range even when spraying. Thic could be solved by making assault rifles/smgs's less effective over range or giving them a little sway when ADS.

Best .50 cal video ever, shows exactly whats wrong with cod. (in the game any of those random pistol shots would have hit and been a 1 shot kill on her XD)

Thing is, i dont think the game as it is is broken. Not in that respect.

In games like counter strike nobody used the Shotguns, or the pistols, or anything other than AK / M4 and maybe a sniper rifle.

Guess what, thats exactly what happens in the real world. People dont bring a pistol, or a UMP to a battlefield. They are used in close quarter room clearances only.

So yes making all the other guns like the pistols, smgs, machine guns etc.. of no use would be more accurate, but then it would just be like CS where nobody used the different guns.

How useless was the M249 in CS ? nobody used it because it wasnt as good as the Ak / m4 in 1 on 1 short range warfare. Which is what its like in the real world.

I would much rather be able to kill people with smgs, and shotguns, and pistols as it means that people vary what gun they use. Its more fun to be able to choose from lots of different weapos knowing they will be of use Unlike in CS where everybody just used the assault rifles and nothing else.

Thing is, i dont think the game as it is is broken. Not in that respect.

In games like counter strike nobody used the Shotguns, or the pistols, or anything other than AK / M4 and maybe a sniper rifle.

Guess what, thats exactly what happens in the real world. People dont bring a pistol, or a UMP to a battlefield. They are used in close quarter room clearances only.

So yes making all the other guns like the pistols, smgs, machine guns etc.. of no use would be more accurate, but then it would just be like CS where nobody used the different guns.

How useless was the M249 in CS ? nobody used it because it wasnt as good as the Ak / m4 in 1 on 1 short range warfare. Which is what its like in the real world.

I would much rather be able to kill people with smgs, and shotguns, and pistols as it means that people vary what gun they use. Its more fun to be able to choose from lots of different weapos knowing they will be of use Unlike in CS where everybody just used the assault rifles and nothing else.

Yeah your saying gives good variation but no it doesnt. The majority of the guns i see people use are UMP, AK47, M16, ACR, RPD, sniper and oh yeah the tac knife. Most shotgun is the spas

Back
Top Bottom