*** Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Thread ***

Totally agree and this is what puts me off Sniping in MW2. I am far from an expert with snipers but it is a no brainer anywhere hit on the body or head should be one shot kill (stopping power would never be required & shouldn’t be required for snipers). If, however you are like me and are very VERY poor with snipers (still practising!) I more often than not hit feet and that means serious loss of limb but not one shot kill - last stand should be the minimum of outcomes!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rifle_cartridge_comparison_w_scale.png when you've been shot with one of them (the biggest one) there's not a whole lot you can really do.

The fix is simple. Make snipers always 1 shot kill and/or give assault rifles a slight sway/spread range and/or less damage over range.

That i do agree with

If it doesnt kill you in one shot it should put you into some kind of last stand mode which you cant recover from (for example a leg shot would never be a one shot kill). Leaving the sniper to pick off other targets then come back to finish you off, assuming other members of the team havent already done so

Snipers are 1 hit kill with stopping power as long as the bullet hits them in the upper body or head, the only time it isn't a 1 hit kill is when you shoot them in the arm/leg. If they made snipers 1 hit kill no matter what at any range it would make them extemely over powered, since the bullet doesn't have to travel any distance in this game.

With all this talk of sniping I thought I'd have ago again since I haven't really had a sniper class since 1st or 2nd prestige. I'm using a silenced Barrett with stopping power and the shots classed as stomach are literally gutting.

It's the jumping round the corner and scoping in which I find most ridiculous they should really add an aim penalty there imo.

Snipers are 1 hit kill with stopping power as long as the bullet hits them in the upper body or head, the only time it isn't a 1 hit kill is when you shoot them in the arm/leg. If they made snipers 1 hit kill no matter what at any range it would make them extemely over powered, since the bullet doesn't have to travel any distance in this game.

They arent overpowered in cs:s (unless youre playing with some of the best in the world which i have), so by that logic they shouldnt be in MW2. I honestly cant see how they would be. I rarely go positive when im sniping unless i am sitting at the back like a 'real' sniper would going something **** like 5-2. Normally with about 3 assists thanks to hitmarkers. I dont class myself as a bad sniper, infact id say im above average but it certainly doesnt show with the way they are atm.

Oh yeah, and the amount of times ive hardscoped someone who is stood still, shot them in the head or chest and either got a hitmarker or nothing is mental.

Oh yeah, and the amount of times ive hardscoped someone who is stood still, shot them in the head or chest and either got a hitmarker or nothing is mental.

It's not been registered as a head shot then, all I can say is it's probably down to lag. If you do the math it will always be a 1 shot kill if it was a headshot or in the chest.

(base damage) (stopping power) (head/chest multiplier)
70 * 1.4 * 1.5 = 147
50 * 1.4 * 1.5 = 105 (silenced)

Even without stopping power it should still be a 1 hit kill for a non silenced sniper rifle.

70 * 1.5 = 105

The only exception to the above is the M21 EBR because it only has a 1.1x multiplier on the chest.

It's not been registered as a head shot then, all I can say is it's probably down to lag. If you do the math it will always be a 1 shot kill if it was a headshot or in the chest.

(base damage) (stopping power) (head/chest multiplier)
70 * 1.4 * 1.5 = 147
50 * 1.4 * 1.5 = 105 (silenced)

Even without stopping power it should still be a 1 hit kill for a non silenced sniper rifle.

70 * 1.5 = 105

The only exception to the above is the M21 EBR because it only has a 1.1x multiplier on the chest.

But you can fire 10 bullets down the same scope with the EBR anyway making it quite a tasty coldblooded + silencer killing machine.

Skill is right I am going off sniping due to the amount of times I have quickly scoped in on a body/head shot and got nothing it just really does my head in, then they turn and shoot you with a thermal scar!!!!????!!!!. Then in the same game you watch a kill cam of a snipe on yourself and the scope shows him being about a foot off your head!!!!!!!!

Ok so im in a game of free for all with one minute left. I have 1400 points and the closest points to me are 800 in second. The game decides to kick me back to the lobby and then put me back in the same game with 10 seconds left, with me LAST!!!!! wtf is going on with this game. what a ****take seriously

Ok so im in a game of free for all with one minute left. I have 1400 points and the closest points to me are 800 in second. The game decides to kick me back to the lobby and then put me back in the same game with 10 seconds left, with me LAST!!!!! wtf is going on with this game. what a ****take seriously

Thats your router dropping for a small amount of time and reconnecting. Thats not the fault of the game, that's almost certainly your connection. I get split second drops on my router and that's excatly what happens to me sometimes. Drops/reconnects and outs me back in the lobby with zero points. It still records your previous kills though.

Check your connection time on your router next time it happens. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see your connection suffered a blip.

Wyrdo you on tonight?

This game was made with the sole purpose of ******* people off.

I left a game of Favela to be put into a different game on Favela, so I quit out and try again to be thrown back into the first game that I left :rolleyes: So again I quit and tried again 10 seconds later to be thrown into a game on Scrapyard where someone calls in a nuke as soon as I join, which is fair enough so I just wait for the game to finish and load up the next map and you guessed it Favela was the map...

Just won 14 free for alls in a row. Silenced ump, marathon, cold blooded, ninja.

Same pair of boosters were in the whole time every game they gave up on about 10 kills when they realised they had no chance xD. 30-10 was my average per game, epic.

Back
Top Bottom