*** Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Thread ***

Associate
i hope that they include lobbys and things like KZ2...

i play cod5 dont have cod4, and i find myself constantly frustrated by the random match making...and lack of control over the variables... like sure.. i just quit this server cos i dont have the map, i click find server and you reconnect me to exactly the same one again?

how about an option to create a server using ONLY core i.e non map pack maps?! so that the server doesnt empty everytime kneedeep, corrosion, sub pen, or the crappy Downfall come on!!!

without these for me COD cant make it to the next level of online play.

Theyll prob wont let you choose what maps you want, they never have, dont know why think its so you cant boost on shipment for example.

Caporegime
i hope that they include lobbys and things like KZ2...

i play cod5 dont have cod4, and i find myself constantly frustrated by the random match making...and lack of control over the variables... like sure.. i just quit this server cos i dont have the map, i click find server and you reconnect me to exactly the same one again?

how about an option to create a server using ONLY core i.e non map pack maps?! so that the server doesnt empty everytime kneedeep, corrosion, sub pen, or the crappy Downfall come on!!!

without these for me COD cant make it to the next level of online play.

Yeah but having the random nature of maps is good IMO. Several times we have played game after game in a group of 6 of us Vs the same 6 people. We stick on round after round with no preferential map choice, fighting out to keep winning. Means your a better all round player if you can play any map IMO, rather than just picking the maps that suit you style.

Man of Honour
OP
Everyone seems to hate the map with the missile silos. Every time that comes on, everyone votes to skip it. I think it's okay. :confused:

I love it, but only for the reasons Robert hates it :p

I can spam grenades to get loads of kills then camp around the edges with my sniper :p

Caporegime
What are you guys doing playing MW on consoles! Get on your PC's dammit.

Some people prefer consoles?

Some may not be able to afford a pc that plays the games at the same detail level as consoles, or wish to waste extra money on a pc and a console if they like exclusives to consoles.

Soldato
lol well I'm playing it on a single core, 6800GT, 1gig rig. (4 years old) but you're right, each to their own.

I could just never go back to playing console FPS after PC. The thought of aiming a crosshair with a joystick makes me nautious. :D

Soldato
lol well I'm playing it on a single core, 6800GT, 1gig rig. (4 years old) but you're right, each to their own.

I could just never go back to playing console FPS after PC. The thought of aiming a crosshair with a joystick makes me nautious. :D

Sod off back to the P.C section! :p

Soldato
Is MW2 going to be a nade fest like COD4? Is why I stopped playing.

Likewise all these stupid sniper kills where they jump, do twists in the air and still get a headshot!!!

Soldato
I loved COD4 Modern Warfare, I thought the whole game was excellent, apart from the simple fact.......

...... i'm not much of an online gamer... So this made COD4 Modern Warfare very poor value in the end for me. I enjoyed COD5 World at War more, simply as I got more out of it in single player mode.

I guess COD6 ?? Modern Warfare 2 is more of the same as Modern warfare 1 and hardly any single player action?

Oh well, at the asking price I'm going to have to pass this one up on launch day and wait for it to hit the £20 - £25 mark then I'll maybe take a look, as its bound to be a cracking game, just not worth the asking price for me as I do not play enough online to make it worthwhile...

Just wish devolpers understood that not ALL gamers are such devote online gamers, and more casual and do not care about racking up high online gamer scores, and just want to enjoy a good story based game progress..

Reason I've just enjoyed Batman Arkham asylum so much, and loved Bio Shock or any of the other classic based story games that aren't over within 5 hours of playing....

Soldato
They crammed as much they could in COD4. Long games usually are just long because of a bunch of filler side missions or something dull to keep you playing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom