Official Crysis Demo thread

2004920897264094165_rs.jpg

where abouts was that 2nd shot taken in that picture? thanks

Anyone else get annoyed with things popping up in this game?

Oblivion had a father smoother method, fading things in, rather than just popping up.

I'm using a custom config that can be downloaded from here:

http://www.fileplanet.com/181952/180000/fileinfo/Cubans-Custom-Crysis-Configs

I'm on the High one.

More info about it Here:

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=245314#p245314

Be aware though, it will recompile the shaders which means the first time you run the game it will take an age to load, then when you get in game you'll have the "shaders compiling" textures for a while.

It's got the Very high settings enabled and runs a lot better than High settings, which is nice. :)

How long is an age? Mine appears to have got stuck on the loading screen at 100%. What could I have done wrong?

Strange, mine loaded up faster than normal :confused:

In the options it had been changed because i had it on high and everything said low in options (and it looked really nice)

Anyone else get annoyed with things popping up in this game?

Oblivion had a father smoother method, fading things in, rather than just popping up.

The 'saving ' pop up as you move along annoys me as it makes a momentarily pause sometimes,
also I hope the totally annoying red ' are you sure you want to change this setting ' is not in the full game:mad:

Does anyone have any 2GB vs 4GB memory comparisons for the Crysis Demo benchmarks? Also, does anyone have the URL for the update that you're prompted to download and install after just after the demo finishes installing?

Originally Posted by Dravic
I'm using a custom config that can be downloaded from here:

http://www.fileplanet.com/181952/180...Crysis-Configs

I'm on the High one.

More info about it Here:

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewt...245314#p245314

Be aware though, it will recompile the shaders which means the first time you run the game it will take an age to load, then when you get in game you'll have the "shaders compiling" textures for a while.

It's got the Very high settings enabled and runs a lot better than High settings, which is nice. QUOTE]

Mine didn't do the recompiling thing....certainly didn't take any longer to load...Do you have to set a certain graphical setting? Like High or Low or anything?

Another reason I don't think it's worked is because thing's like the sun ray through trees isn't enabled.

do you have to rename the autoconfig to systemconfig? It didnt take long to load the shader on mine either. optiosn says its in low but its definately not, so its done something

do you have to rename the autoconfig to systemconfig? It didnt take long to load the shader on mine either. optiosn says its in low but its definately not, so its done something

I must say I couldn't get it to work. I could not find the file that needs to be changed. I will do a fresh Demo install and try again. If anyone wants to do an idiot's guide to inastallation I would much appreciate it.

Cheers

Tried it on vista and it gave me BSOD nvlddmkm.sys error. Tried it on xp and it took like 10 mins to load the level then when ingame rocks were yellow, the water was green, it just looked a total mess. Somethings sorted themselves out if you stood still for long enough, but when you moved it started all over again.

After about ten minutes I just gave up and switched it off. I was trying to use the high settings, but I couldn't see the rays of light etc... Oh well, maybe I just did it wrong, but I followed the notes exactly.

Anyone else have any luck getting it working?

Autoconfig / system.cfg won't be in the directory as default if I remember correctly :)

You need to physically make one of the files, and name it as a .cfg...

I'm going to try renaming my autoconfig.cfg to a system.cfg again, and see what that does, cause on the crysis-online forums someone said to create a system.cfg....not a autoconfig...

Well I think it was system.cfg, I'm not at my home pc right now so I can't check.

Autoconfig / system.cfg won't be in the directory as default if I remember correctly :)

You need to physically make one of the files, and name it as a .cfg...

I'm going to try renaming my autoconfig.cfg to a system.cfg again, and see what that does, cause on the crysis-online forums someone said to create a system.cfg....not a autoconfig...

Well I think it was system.cfg, I'm not at my home pc right now so I can't check.

I too will have a look when I get home and let you know if I have any success.

Ill try it later when i get in and use the high settings. Im sure im getting the says of light and stuff and no stupid load times or colourful textures either.

Ill post how i got it to work aswell as a couple of screenshots

has to be said the gmae does look pretty cack compared to thoe vids, the dx9\dx10 compare videos aren't really that old yet the look of the game has changed a lot.

Back
Top Bottom