Official Crysis Demo thread

how would i go about using these configs? also, are they for people with cards less than 8800xx's or what? (i've got an 8800gtx...)

im impressed. in medium settings im getting a steady 20+ fps where before it would dip to single figures sometimes!

high setting gets around 15fps in action too! not back for a x1800xt (in 1280x720 res)

how would i go about using these configs? also, are they for people with cards less than 8800xx's or what? (i've got an 8800gtx...)

There's full instructions included with the file, including which config to use with which card.
MadBoris said:
Here is a blurb he wrote on what they do.

*LOW* - this config is just for you IF:
-you run at ALL LOW and get 25 FPS or BELOW.
-at least 512mb-1GB or RAM.
-run this on a laptop with a DX9 GFX card.
-at least or below:
nVidia 7800 GT 256, 7900 GS 256
ATi X1800 GTO 256, HD2600 TX 256

*MED*:
-if you run at ALL LOW and get 30-50 SOLID FPS.
-equal or more than 1GB or ram
-if you have better than *LOW* requirement but less than or equal to:
nVidia 7800 GTX 512, 8600 GTS 256
ATi X1900 XT 256, 1800 XT 256

*HIGH*:
- extra extras are:terrain ambient occussion, SSAO, Edga AA, normal maps + Parralax Occussion mapping and detail textures.
-if you run at ALL LOW and can get 50+ FPS.
-if you have at least or better:
nvidia 7900 GTX, 7950 GX2, or 8800 GTS/GTX/Ultra
ATi x1950 XT, 1900/1950 XTX, HD2900 XT

Hmm...I believe it's working...However thing's like sun beams arent working...Maybe cause they're not physically set to on in the config file, I haven't looked yet.

Also, are people using autoexec.cfg...or have they named it system.cfg ? Cause I think system.cfg works as well going by a thread on crysis-online.

comparisonshotxt0.jpg

:/

I couldn't run the demo on Medium well on Vista even at 1024x768, on my XP partition the game runs lovely on High at 1680x1050.

Think my Vista install is rather fubar'd, gonna reformat for Gears Of War on Friday.

I think the Crysis developers said that there are other IQ enhancements they can do but with the current hardware already struggling would offer no use, but in the future thay can make it look even better and possibly like the early images.

I mean what is the use of having great visuals that no system can run at a playable framerate, already the Very High setting is unplayable for 99% of people

Those pictures of the origional offering are 10 times better than what we actually got. What happened to crysis when it looked like that, or was it all just artist impression?

Back
Top Bottom