Official Crysis Demo thread

It looks cack? What the ****? Even compared to those vid's it doesn't look cack.

Also quad core IS supported...

EDIT: Well Helmut - it seem s Cervat has been fibbing and quad will give us nothing.

Last edited:
It looks cack? What the ****? Even compared to those vid's it doesn't look cack.

The difference between those vids and what we have now is akin to comparing farcry to crysis, as in one looks real and one (now) looks cartooney, compare the dx10 pic crytek provided to the demo we have now and one looks real the other more cartooney.

Maybe not "cack" but theres a very obvious difference. And id love to hear Cervat's reasons why, along with the quad core support apparently being removed.

Last edited:
So have Crytek done what:

*dropped quality in demo as when they stopped running it on their super-computer & tried it on an 8800gtx, it did 5fps?
*the demo is not the same as the final game release, which will run at the promised full quality at 60fps on an 8800gtx

Wait on Final Game to see CPU % usage nevermind how many Cores it uses, then brand him a liar lol.

I dont get post 2461, does he like or not like the game, and peeps have shown their Dual and Quads not even loaded high on 1 Core and other Cores basically idling.

I can only go by my own results.

Last edited:
I'm well chuffed with my rig, its playing it at high settings (1280x1024) through the map editor at between 20 and 37fps depending on whats going on.

Also getting the hang of the map editor now, full scale beach wars are ensuing involving North Koreans and a shedload of aliens.

Its also rather satisfying to one shot kill the aliens with a pistol ;)

I'm well chuffed with my rig, its playing it at high settings (1280x1024) through the map editor at between 20 and 37fps depending on whats going on.

Also getting the hang of the map editor now, full scale beach wars are ensuing involving North Koreans and a shedload of aliens.

Its also rather satisfying to one shot kill the aliens with a pistol ;)

Do you have Aero enabled? I was thinking that, if you're using Vista and it's enabled, you'd be getting less FPS than if you just run the game normally. Just might be worth disabling it if so and see if it makes a difference.

So have Crytek done what:

*dropped quality in demo as when they stopped running it on their super-computer & tried it on an 8800gtx, it did 5fps?
*the demo is not the same as the final game release, which will run at the promised full quality at 60fps on an 8800gtx
60 fps hope so that would be very very lucky. Somehow I think we are in for a shock when the final game comes out we have Crytek saying get a quad core and 8800 series GFx and it will run will good somehow i think its all just a marketing scam :(

I would like to know if it actually loads up 1 Core to a normal level as all games should do, not 40% on 1 Core and next to nothing on the other (for me anyhow).

Very strange for a game the CEO said was CPU dependant. (I go get posts if needed but there on this forum).

Well...I believe I got the downloaded config to work...

At least for the "High" folder, as that's what I tried from the pack...You have to select the "low" setting's, which some of the setting's have been changed in the config files if you have a look.

Looks kind of pixelated to me in places....And I get random objects / shadows / rocks caving in while I'm moving towards thing's...So this isn't looking like it's something I'm going to be using sadly.

Im guessing that Crytek were playing this totaly maxed on a super rig i wouldnt be surprised if it had beast powering it like a top secret prototype nvidia Graphics card powering it.

Surely it would hurt Crtek reputation if the Ceo said it would have quad support only to turn around when the game goes gold and say no quad support, this apply's to the ceo saying a single 8800GTX can near max it with playble fps not sideshow ?

Back
Top Bottom