Official Crysis Demo thread

Surely it would hurt Crtek reputation if the Ceo said it would have quad support only to turn around when the game goes gold and say no quad support, this apply's to the ceo saying a single 8800GTX can near max it with playble fps not sideshow ?

Its amazing how much utter BS game devs will spout then realise closer to the end of the project that this or that won't make it in. Peter molyneaux is probably the master of this.

used the dx9 very high config files and getting playable frame rates at 2560x1600 with only one of my 8800gtx's running (q6600@3Ghz and 4GB RAM) so if they sort out the SLI then there is hope for even turning on some AA. Only thing on medium is shadows, screen shot below:

firstly wow at that video. however im not spending 4 grand on my computer just for one game.

I downloaded that ccc very high hack thing. Extract it somewhere and go into the SP DEMO CONFIGS, choose low medium or high based on the readme file in there. Make a copy of your CVarGroups then paste the ones that you choe over these - Crysis SP Demo\Game\Config\CVarGroups.

Next get the autoexec.cfg and put it in Crytek\Crysis SP Demo folder. (edit as you want using the readme from that folder)

In 1280x720, in XP on 3800 @2.8ghz with X1800XT

Very high settings standard hack
Crysishighwithoutpatch.jpg

Settings using high from the CCC settings
Crysishighwithpatch.jpg

high with CCC
Crysishighwithpatch2.jpg

high with CCC
Crysishighwithpatch1.jpg

Medium still looks great and plays around 25 fps. You still get the sun rays in medium

I thought I'd give my quadcore some work to do, being as it has a cup of tea in Crysis:
I know its a bit selfish to post a full-screen shot, but this will shock!

Running all at the same time:
Crysis (V-High, get an extra 15fps when running on its own, wooow)
rthdribl (intense HDR graphics test)
Canapus Pro Coder2 (using 4 cores to transcode a DivX to DVD, dropped from x1.1 to x0.75)
Quake 2 (in case you ever want to play 2 games at the same time, heh heh)

pushing-it.jpg

I've been burn testing CPU's for a while now with these programs (except Crysis)
& any one of them would bring a singlecore to its knees (100% CPU time).
I know my monitor has a small resolution 1360x768 which may not push the
GPU much, has anyone a much larger resolution they could go mad with ;)
Considering rthdribl is still giving 95fps & Quake 2 was running fine (probably 60fps),
then how the HECK can Crysis be GPU limited when it only dropped by 15fps?
Its just a pity you cant run 4 windows of Crysis as you could get your mates down
with 4x mice/keyboards & somehow play multiplayer LOL.

Last edited:
So basically, the full game should support more than a single core, so I can expect to see an improvement in performance on release? I'm running a Core 2 Duo at the moment.

Geeza....The 'very high hack' picture you have, doesent have sun-rays thing's...Yet if you did the very high hack you should have sun-rays.

So something aint rite in your 'standard very high hack' :p

I seem to fiddle with crysis everytime I start the game up now...Lately It just seems better to do the standard hack and just turn shadows to medium =/...lol

That or leave it on High and then add the necessary 'ooh la la' gimmicks.

What's your system spec / setup?

It's a Dell Inspiron 9400 laptop... with the following specs. BTW, the screen res is 1920x1200, so I think that is my main issue - I can't really do much about that. I might sell my laptop, buy a beafy desktop PC for gaming/movies, etc. and use the laptop for browsing and emails.

Intel Core2Duo 2.0Ghz T7200 CPU
2GB DDR2 RAM
256MB nVidia Go 7900GS (I think this is the problem)
100GB 7200RPM HDD
17" 1920X1200 res screen.

At all low settings with 1600x1200 or similar res it is still very laggy.

How do I view my FPS in game? I reckon I am getting about 10-15fps at times, especially in the jungle/forest area's. :(

Back
Top Bottom