Official Crysis Demo thread

Someone said on another forum the 8800GTX/ultra has capabilities that have not been 100% fully used in a game and that its probably just the drivers causing some of the low fps.Hopefully Crytek are working on a patch also to fix some of this mess but don't get your hopes up. :(

With the latest nVidia drivers (Nov 6) I get about 21 fps average (It barely ever dips below 18 fps) with the Very High config on Dx9 XP with my processor and 8800 GTX at stock (C2D 6300 1.8 Ghz)

I'm sure with the full game this could easily be cranked to 30+ fps with some overclocking and hopefully they fix the odd lack off CPU load with the game.

People should try the new drivers, they really boosted my performance.

haha this is interesting...

"An interesting article over at Elite ******** has revealed that NVIDIA’s latest 169.04 driver for its GeForce series of graphics cards may in fact be sacrificing image quality in the new Crysis game in order to gain better performance. If you look at the first two images below, you will see quite clearly that the reflections in the water have been unrealistically stretched and look quite odd. The obvious explanation for this would be that NVIDIA’s new driver is having issues rendering the shadows and you’d expect the company to fix it. However, this issue may run a little deeper than that. When the Crysis executable has its name changed from crysis.exe to driverbug.exe, these strange shadows mysteriously look normal all of a sudden, as shown in the second two images. Further tests revealed that the renamed executable was actually performing around 7% worse on a number of tests using both an 8800 GTS and an 8800 GT compared to the default name. So it seems that NVIDIA has tried to subtly increase the framerate when playing Crysis using its cards at the cost of image quality, without giving customers any choice in the matter. Some sites are claiming that NVIDIA is using driver tweaks to ‘cheat’ and gain better performance, and whilst that may be an extreme way of looking at it, this certainly seems like more than just an accidental driver issue."

http://www.techpowerup.com/?43827

There is a big discussion in the Graphics Card forum about this issue.

And 21fps without FSAA is bad performance for a 8800GTX, if it looked like the top pic in the comparison shots it would be cool but it doesn't look like that, the first pics look real but what we have now doesn't, especially the leaves are horrible without FSAA (but I seem to be a minority in this)

If I compare it to running HL2:Episode two running at 16xCSAA/16xAF or even S.T.A.L.K.E.R. it doesn't look that good, nevermind the A.I. or bad performance.

so how long is it taking for everyones demo to load with the new config files? mine got to around 68% and then stopped. left it running for 30mins and no change so rebooted. how long is it taking everyone else?

I don't think my new configs are loading properly. Game loaded as quickly as normal, looks the same, and if there is an FPS boost, it's so small I can barely notice it.

I did try adding the extra 2 lines into the autoexec.cfg file, but all that happens then is the screen goes blank for a while after loading the level, then the game crashes.

I don't think my new configs are loading properly. Game loaded as quickly as normal, looks the same, and if there is an FPS boost, it's so small I can barely notice it.

I did try adding the extra 2 lines into the autoexec.cfg file, but all that happens then is the screen goes blank for a while after loading the level, then the game crashes.

I had this problem but managed to resolve it with a bit of tinkering, although I can't remember exactly what I did. I certainly amended the file to reflect my screen resolution and video and system memory size but also think I did something else. I also got problems with the "shaders compiling" most if it has sorted itself out but the crates are still yellow with "shaders compiling" written on them. It does look very strange.

I've NEVER had the shaders compiling writing come up...And that's with manually adding all of the 'Very High' setting's from each config file.

Someone post up they're autoconfig file on here, then state what folder you are using, and what setting's you select in the games advanced menu.

That's if someone doesen't mind doing it :)

I've NEVER had the shaders compiling writing come up...And that's with manually adding all of the 'Very High' setting's from each config file.

Someone post up they're autoconfig file on here, then state what folder you are using, and what setting's you select in the games advanced menu.

That's if someone doesen't mind doing it :)

I am not going to be at home until tomorrow evening but if someone has not done it by then I will try and retrace my steps, although I should point out I have not done everything exactly as described in the instructions. This is because when I did do this, the game crawled along and crashed after about 20 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom