Official Crysis Demo thread

Everyone disappointed that their uber rig doesn't play it on very high in DX10 should be delighted, as this game will still be fun and look good in three years time when the hardware will it it up at 999999x44444 on a GeForceXX9999OMFGXFX99!.

I think I've found a sweet spot for graphics and performance with a system of 2.54ghz Core 2 Duo, 8800GTS 320mb at stock clocks and 4096mb memory. Open the game in DX9 mode, with all graphics set to High at a resolution of 1280x768. It doesn't look bad at all, and runs at 40fps dipping to 30fps in fights. For some reason, DX10 mode is extremely slow for me.

There is a difference when running dx9 high in vista and dx10 high visually.

Dx9 is on the top dx10 on the bottom.

crysis11.jpg

crysis12.jpg

Anyway im averaging 26fps dx10 high 1280x1024 no aa which is alrite I suppose. Hoping for a few more fps on the average over the coming months.

Game Hangs for me before i can get into it, on the beta drivers at the moment going back to the whql to see if that makes any difference

Can't see any difference except that DX10 seems to have more contrast.

Foilage is fuller, better lighting, Parallax occlusion mapping is on and textures are sharper and self shadows work properly. Which would explain why running in dx10 loses about 5fps on the average for me.

Right, im rather dissapointed tbh.

I sit through all of the rubbish at the start, and finally when i start play (Jump out of plane, i think, cant tell because...) the graphics are just COMPLETELY messed up.

I cant see my arms, just my hands and theres artifacts everywhere??

No other game do this, ive been playing Ep2 and CSS all morning.

I just feel... BOOOOO!

i had this too and i had to reinstall drivers to get it to work, it happens with a few games if i install the CCC (ati) so i just have to install the driver only and its fine ;)

I get 20-30 FPS with C2D at 3.0Ghz, 2 gb RAM and 8800 GTS 640MB 640/1560/2000.

Settings are a mix of high and very high, i have water on very high, shaders, object detail and physics on very high. Everything else on high and no AA

rus smooth for me. Looking forward to better drivers and patches to improve performance :D

My biggest gripe at the moment is the fact that its taking way to long to kill, and shooting isnt accurate at all. I swear it takes 10+ shots some of the time just to take a guy out on easy mode!!

Lordy, just been playing it. Everything 'very high' at 1920 X 1200 and it is simply stunning, it is very playable at this setting for me, but it does slow a lil bit in a close fight. But turn OFF mouse smoothing, 100% better! I'll mess with the settings to get it 100% smooth later. Nice:

1.jpg

I found the turtle too. He just walks along eating. lol I found him at the small peninsula just before you see the civvy boat. I reached for the camera to take a pic but i was getting shot at and died, when it went back the bugger wasn't there anymore :( He was just to the left of here:

3.jpg

Everything ran amazingly well and i was stunned at the sheer amount of world detail. Everything they put effort into on this has been groundbreaking. Unfortunately just after i found the turtle, i took out the guys at the civvy boat camp and as soon as i hopped onto the boat the screen went a bit nasty and i just managed to navigate menus to quit:

4.jpg

Vista 64
C2D @ 3.2
8800 GTX
4 GB GEIL 800 Mhz
Dell 24"
Silverstone TJ09
Raid0 setups

Photo of my rig cos i've never had an oppertunity to show it:

2.jpg

Does anyone know a way to get DX9 working instead of DX10 on Vista?

Also has anyone got the 64bit version working of the laucher? Mine crashes on the EA intro vid. Ive got Vista 64bit Home Premium.

Poster above nice rig :)

Has anyone tried this on a X300 someone bought a PC solely to play crysis and it has a ATI X300 :D Course my warnings fell on deaf ears, I won't even say how much it cost.

Last edited:
Does anyone know a way to get DX9 working instead of DX10 on Vista?

Also has anyone got the 64bit version working of the laucher? Mine crashes on the EA intro vid. Ive got Vista 64bit Home Premium.

You can right click on the icon in the game browser and select Play DX9?

YoungBlood

Cheers m8 :D

Last edited:
Damn game won't even start. Running the 169.01 drivers, looks like I'll have to reinstall them.

Yeah, I'm running the 64bit launcher. Seems to be a problem with it...

Back
Top Bottom