Official Crysis Demo thread

All very high 1920 X 1200 It runs lovely and smooth but it does slow a little when you close in on the baddies. My biggest tip would be to turn off mouse smoothing, it felt weird with that on.

Unless your running a GTX in SLI i have my doubts about your "smooth" gameplay @ that rez and very high settings.

I reckon im topping out @ 15-20 on my rig @ those settings.

As someone else asked. Where is the install folder?.
I've searched through programs and the only thing i can find is the .exe in the games folder.

Can anyone tell me the default install folder please.

C:\program files(X86)\Electronic arts\

you wanna select the bin64 folder if your running Vista 64

Unless your running a GTX in SLI i have my doubts about your "smooth" gameplay @ that rez and very high settings.

I reckon im topping out @ 15-20 on my rig @ those settings.

Honestly, i swear, its all on very high, 1920 X 1200 Its exactly as i've said, very smooth with the occasional slight slowdown when a few baddies are close.

My GFX aint even overclocked. I'm thinking about overclocking now

Last edited:
im seriously thinking of upgrading my pc:mad::(
I must be getting like 15-25fps on my rig, it just shows how bad of an engine this is. Congrates crytek you messed up the game of the year.

Rant over:p

Im thinking of getting a new psu, SLI mobo and another 8800gtx, but i fear i might still have rubbish performance.

Ive played the game on all graphical settings from trying it on max i obvisouly get really bad stuttering. So i tried on low and its a bit better but looks horrible and still unplayable.

I think the next gen hardware will be able to run it on very high and the gen after that will full AA/AF at high res.

I can't believe people here are running very high on current hardware with anything like playable framerates.

sid

im seriously thinking of upgrading my pc:mad::(
I must be getting like 15-25fps on my rig, it just shows how bad of an engine this is. Congrates crytek you messed up the game of the year.

Rant over:p

Im thinking of getting a new psu, SLI mobo and another 8800gtx, but i fear i might still have rubbish performance.

Ive played the game on all graphical settings from trying it on max i obvisouly get really bad stuttering. So i tried on low and its a bit better but looks horrible and still unplayable.

Eh? my rig is not a kick in the butt off yours and mines running smooth at 1920 X 1200 all on very high.. Theres something very oddly wrong here.

Honestly, i swear, its all on very high, 1920 X 1200 Its exactly as i've said, very smooth with the occasional slight slowdown when a few baddies are close.

My GFX aint even overclocked. I'm thinking about overclocking now

Smooth as in slideshow, noway is it smooth an all high and especially at 1900x1200, have fraps running in your screens.

Smooth as is in, playable, nice, not jerky, etc etc. Only when i move in close to the enemy in camps do i see any slowdown. I don't use fraps at all, never have, if anyones close to me and they wanna see this running maxed out they are more than welcome. Wish i could proove it m8

I am loving this!

Playing all on high except shaders on medium. E6550, 2Gb, 8800GTS, 1680x1050, 2xAA

This is easily the best looking game ive ever played. Its also got some wonderful atmosphere, and the scale of the level in that demo. All in all very impressive, and the multiplayer isn't too bad either. Im quite excited about Crysis now.

I don't think SLI is fully working in the demo enabling it or disabling it has little effect on fps (using the old drivers not the beta as the beta ones cause crysis to crash randomly for me :S).

That said I got the game to work on all settings at very high 1600x1200 and 2x aa I get 15 to 25ish fps which is low but its not noticable that much in game for some reason.:)

Picture below
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1392/crysis2007102715593775lt7.jpg

Also I can not get the 64bit crysis to work just get crytekengine has stopped working vista error :(

Please resize the image, 'tis a bit big:)

Last edited:
Also I can not get the 64bit crysis to work just get crytekengine has stopped working vista error :(

I got the same error using the latest BETA drivers, went back to the latest WHQL and all was fine, gunna try the 163.44's now n see how i get on with the fps

Back
Top Bottom