Official Crysis Demo thread

runs fine here 1920x1200, all high except postprocessing low, aa off

slows down a little obviously in action but rly playable

coreduo 6600 3.4 2gb ram 8800gtx

Well waited most of the day for the download, installed
I get to the part where everything turns white and it says 7 days later then the sound goes and my machine hard locks, tried both 32 and 64bit

Another fine release from EA :mad:

Just finished the demo, WOW what a ride! i am indeed Crambo!

Definately up there, hand-in-hand with Bioshock!

Gaming has moved forward. After seeing this kind of detail it makes me shudder to think what games like this will be like in 5 or 10 years. Will we weirdly slip through a point where our reality as we know it is actually a game with amazing an bio graphics, life engine and for the most on this forum, mild intelligence lol ;)

Incredible!

Still can't see the scope..

I have tranquilizer, silencer, flashlight and the iron-sight/reflex thing. They are the only mods I get.

What am I missing?

in the game there are these "scopes" (they're sights really) available:

Ironsights
Reflex Sight
Assault Rifle Sight
Sniper Scope.

in the demo (not the editor!) there are only the Irons and the reflex sight. how do i know? MP beta :D

i don't know why you're all complaining about crummy performance. maybe you should play the game instead of staring at fraps FGS. the game is Silky-smooth with everything on high (no AA though) at 1680x1050. no, i don't know what FPS it was getting. i didn't bother checking.

the 64-bit version also works just fine for me. (running XP-64)
i've got a Q6600 @ 3.0GHz, 4GB PC2-6400 and an 8800GTX @ stock

Cant load the game in editor :(

Gives this error [Error] Failed loading map texture id 0

It would appear that it has been mentioned but no fix will be made available.

Honestly, i swear, its all on very high, 1920 X 1200 Its exactly as i've said, very smooth with the occasional slight slowdown when a few baddies are close.

My GFX aint even overclocked. I'm thinking about overclocking now

The funny thing is people have very different definitions of smooth. Use fraps and take a screen shot with those settings in a gunfight . I suspect you will make a convenient exuse.

Back
Top Bottom