Official Crysis Demo thread

This is exactly what i expected people to be saying 'oh my god it doesn't run of very high, its the worst engine ever!'. The fact of the matter is on medium on my 78000gtx it is playable with the beta drivers and it's the best looking game i've seen. I imagine on high it must be utterly gorgeous, so who cares if it won't run on very high? they've clearly designed it so it wouldn't.

It's how the game looks that matters, not what you can tell everyone you are running it on.

Actually scratch that, its the gameplay that matters.

Shadows are the real killer:

Low shadows = 70+ fps

Medium = 50+ fps

High = 45+ fps

Very High = 40+ fps

That's everything else on medium, no AA at the moment yet (daren't try that;)) e6600 @3.0, 8800gtx @600/1000, 169.01s (now 163.69s), 1680x1050:)

Running great for me I'm well impressed and happy that I'm getting 30+ FPS 1680x1050 everything High with NO AA/AF

It's really weird that the game feels incredibly smooth even at what most of us would class a fairly low FPS :/

Playing on XP, only able to select High settings :(

Playing on 1280x1024 at all high settings, 2X AA. Looks gorgeous and plays smooth as butter of course at that res. That's with my 2900XT at 828/900.

Played through the demo fully properly, skipped lots of big bunches of bad guys, I like how the game doesn't make you wade through them all. Lots of swimming through water and running cloaked to escape though. I thought the suit would affect the gameplay more then it actually does so far, maybe as I get used to it I will. Personally I just leave it on Armour most of the time unless I need something specific like a jump or cloak. I did sneak up on one guy and grab him though.. I thought there was a way to snap their necks on full strength.. was disappointed.

Had some fun with the HMMWV MG. I like how the trees dont just have set break points. I broke one tree into half a dozen logs. Happy days. It looks good, it plays good, story line is a bit detached from most of the gameplay though. Not as much free wandering as I hoped, not even as much as there was in farcry. And there's a whole load of those destroyers exactly the same. Who skimped out there.. they could atleast have had a few different types with slightly different outlines.

Overall I'm very happy with how it performed graphics wise. One problem I did encounter was that large rocks were fading out far too soon and leaving oddly half transparent in a pixellated way rocks that I could clearly see even without the iron sights.

I might buy this game but not at full price. I'll wait until I can find it on offer somewhere.

I got the same error using the latest BETA drivers, went back to the latest WHQL and all was fine, gunna try the 163.44's now n see how i get on with the fps

Try them drivers, very high on all settings 1920 X1200 res, make sure mouse smoothing is off. And run the crysis exe from the bin64 folder.

Did anyone else have to go to a microsoft update site to download an update regarding the way resourses are handled by Vista? i had to do it before i could play? Its the only thing i can think of why some peeps are getting bad frames with 8800 GTX's Maybe you's need to do this update?

that update was released a while ago for games such as CoH, its the memory allocation one right? i had already installed it so i presume thats why it didnt ask me.

Running great for me I'm well impressed and happy that I'm getting 30+ FPS 1680x1050 everything High with NO AA/AF

It's really weird that the game feels incredibly smooth even at what most of us would class a fairly low FPS :/
Yeh, i dont think FPS snobbery is going to get you anywhere when its so well masked with this motion blur etc. If i was you i would throw some AA on. I had 2xAA when playing through.

Here's a screenshot until I find how to record.

You can see vehicles is just below, make sure to play about with the parameters to make the tornado extra strong! ;)

Hit CTRL+G to drop straight in to the game then hit ESC to drop right back to the editor.

Last edited:
Hey all, I'm new to these forums as of yesterday :)

I was just wondering what the performance of the demo was like on a single core system?
I've got an old socket 754 3400+ in my system at the mo, along with an 8800GTS (yay bottlenecking! :D) and 1.5 gigs of RAM, and I was just hoping that it would be playable at medium settings @ 1280x1024. - Is this reasonable to assume? I'm on XP.

Well, I was ready to find myself correct in my assumption that - getting excited about this game was pointless because it would be poo.

I was wrong :(

I love it. Although I can't stop changing suit modes because I like the voice too much :/

Back
Top Bottom