Official Crysis Demo thread

in the game there are these "scopes" (they're sights really) available:

Ironsights
Reflex Sight
Assault Rifle Sight
Sniper Scope.

in the demo (not the editor!) there are only the Irons and the reflex sight. how do i know? MP beta :D

i don't know why you're all complaining about crummy performance. maybe you should play the game instead of staring at fraps FGS. the game is Silky-smooth with everything on high (no AA though) at 1680x1050. no, i don't know what FPS it was getting. i didn't bother checking.

the 64-bit version also works just fine for me. (running XP-64)
i've got a Q6600 @ 3.0GHz, 4GB PC2-6400 and an 8800GTX @ stock

Which gfx driver are you using?

Bah I need to upgrade. It was playable on medium but didnt look half as good as high detail to me. Brilliant game tho. Only thing I didnt like was the cheesy voice acting and dialogue.

Last edited:
How do you actually add the scope with the editor? I tried editing the equipment for DefaultPlayer and added SniperScope then saved it, loaded up the game but it wasn't there...

Editor is included and yeah you can make maps from scratch with the entities (objects) they've included with the demo, go in to your crytek folder and then double click editor.exe. I have to say I'm well impressed, thought this was going to be overhyped but imo it's far more than I thought it would be.

The funny thing is people have very different definitions of smooth. Use fraps and take a screen shot with those settings in a gunfight . I suspect you will make a convenient exuse.

honestly dude, why on earth would anyone waste their time doing that? It'd be a far nicer experience to talk about this monumental game without the Fraps freaks sticking their oar in. In any case you don't want crap like that running in the background when playing a game like this so i say to hell with fraps, if it works play it and ignore frapmongers :D

Hey all, I'm new to these forums as of yesterday :)

I was just wondering what the performance of the demo was like on a single core system?
I've got an old socket 754 3400+ in my system at the mo, along with an 8800GTS (yay bottlenecking! :D) and 1.5 gigs of RAM, and I was just hoping that it would be playable at medium settings @ 1280x1024. - Is this reasonable to assume? I'm on XP.

I got 4200x2 at 2.9 and 8800 320 on xp and i played at 1360 x 768 on medium it was at 15 to 20 fps
or
1024 x 768 on high with 2aa's around 25 fps but they both dip down a few times.

you have to drop to 800 x 640 at medium if you lucky with your cpu i think.

To add a scope using the editor:

In the editor open island.cry (demo lvl)

Select Entity on the right hand side, then open the items folder, scope is in there.

Double click it and click on the map where you want it to be. Simple! :p

honestly dude, why on earth would anyone waste their time doing that? Its be a far nicer experience to talk about this monumental game without the Fraps freaks sticking their oar in. In any case you don't want crap like that running in the background when playing a game like this so i say to hell with fraps, if it works play it and ignore frapmongers :D

i had fraps running and it seam smoother at low fps then i had thought it be

To add a scope using the editor:

In the editor open island.cry (demo lvl)

Select Entity on the right hand side, then open the items folder, scope is in there.

Double click it and click on the map where you want it to be. Simple! :p

Where is the editor located?

Well, I was ready to find myself correct in my assumption that - getting excited about this game was pointless because it would be poo.

I was wrong :(

I love it. Although I can't stop changing suit modes because I like the voice too much :/

Damn right. I love the voice "MAXIMUM SPEED" :D Only £25 off somewhere. Stick that EA.

No competitors ~ Zefan.

Just installed game, clicking on shortcut it continues to want to install and not launch game... Strange... any game guru's can help me..

It doesnt add shortcuts, you have to navigate your drive and find it.

Something like: program files, ea games, crytek, crysis SP demo, bin32/64

64 doesnt seem to be working ;/

Played it. Hate it.

AI is so amusingly bad, it's actually a chore to play and I can't stand how it can take upto 10-15 bullets just to kill a guy.

Graphics are great, physics are okay, I prefer the Havok physics engine (Source games, Company of Heroes) but the gameplay is poo.

I can't get it to work properly:mad: on the beach everything is blocky & grey with a big square artifact with its corner on my crosshair, I just tried the recommended XP 32bit Nvidia driver but its still no good, Are there different versions downloadable ? have I got possibly got the wrong version ?

FIXED IT NOW

Last edited:
Played it. Hate it.

AI is so amusingly bad, it's actually a chore to play and I can't stand how it can take upto 10-15 bullets just to kill a guy.

Graphics are great, physics are okay, I prefer the Havok physics engine (Source games, Company of Heroes) but the gameplay is poo.

Play it on delta mode and you will see the amazing AI, and either learn to aim for the head or not use a silencer.

Played it. Hate it.

what difficulty settings are you playing on? have you tried shooting for the head?

the gameplay is fantastic if you play on Delta Difficulty.

Back
Top Bottom