Official Crysis Demo thread

A single old X1950XTX runs 1920x1200 at 25fps average
Forced Crossfire and averaged very high 40's but some grapical glitches a hotfix from ATI and should be Laughing..:D

dx10 very high looks nice, but not as nice as i thaught it would be, it does not look photo realistic like some of the screenshots we have seen of the game over the past years and to say that very high isnt as good as i thaught it would be id of expected the fps to be higher.

it does run okay ish in dx10 to say its the first releise not patched or anything, but i expected more to be honest.
gameplay its self is good tho, but the ai's are far too easy even on hardest mode, the ai's seem like half brain dead people.
iv found that this is a good all around fps setting, all verry high exept shader, put shader on high.

when it comes to explodions, has any one else noticed that the DX9 multiplayer beta looked better with the explodions and smoke effects?? :S

Well, that editor really is the best thing since sliced bread.. noobs are going to be able to make maps.

Ive just been flying around the demo level in my helicopter! :p;)

dx10 very high looks nice, but not as nice as i thaught it would be, it does not look photo realistic like some of the screenshots we have seen of the game over the past years and to say that very high isnt as good as i thaught it would be id of expected the fps to be higher.

it does run okay ish in dx10 to say its the first releise not patched or anything, but i expected more to be honest.
gameplay its self is good tho, but the ai's are far too easy even on hardest mode, the ai's seem like half brain dead people.
iv found that this is a good all around fps setting, all verry high exept shader, put shader on high.

when it comes to explodions, has any one else noticed that the DX9 multiplayer beta looked better with the explodions and smoke effects?? :S

Sorry dude but thats bad info.. leave the shader on very high if your running DX10 as it has no overhead between high and very high

But to be fair i think you meant to say shadows not shaders

Last edited:
Well, that editor really is the best thing since sliced bread.. noobs are going to be able to make maps.

Ive just been flying around the demo level in my helicopter! :p;)

How do i run the editor from the game? sorry, i just installed the demo and i'm assuming you run it from the game?

Tis ok, found it in the bin64 folder lol ;)

Last edited:
how do you add vehicles on it? no wait, how do you even spawn into the world and walk around? lol im a noob with editors :(

Ctrl+g enter the game through editor......ESC = return to editor

To add items just click on entity on the right, double click an object and drop on the map.

Try the TAC gun.....but don't stand to close lol.

Sorry dude but thats bad info.. leave the shader on very high if your running DX10 as it has no overhead between high and very high

But to be fair i think you meant to say shadows not shaders

Doh, very high in the shader is what sets it apart from DX9 and its a killer on performance, compare textures and stuff between the two, very high is more detailed.

Back
Top Bottom