Official Crysis Demo thread

Soldato
I would like to confirm the 2GB versus 4GB argument. I tried it last night.

My specs are;

6300 @ 2.54ghz
GEiL PC2 6400C4
8800GTS @ 598/1413/920
Windows Vista Home Premium x64
Fraps

Running Bin32 .exe in DX9 mode at 1280x1024 at all High settings, 2GB runs at 22-26 FPS with stuttering especially as you go from the enclosed space to the beach, and the occasional stutter as you go down the beach. Firefights also occasionally stutter as well, especially during the first few shots fired. 4GB produces no stuttering as a whole, with a lot more consistent framerate hovering at the 27-29 FPS mark.

Permabanned
There was no arguement or info here, I and others had asked for info and never got it.

I posted 1 peeps info from a site thats got more kiddies and fighting than here. :p

I have had 2 4GB kits and want the 3rd to be the right Kit not another duffer.

I can get by on 2GB in other games but if Crysis magically gained 5+FPS with 4GB then thats another story.

Thanks for your input, I am seriously thinking of buying the OCZ Reaper today, hmm.

Soldato
Yes, the difference is massive. It's probably the biggest jump-up in terms of memory use I've seen in a game though, the next most intensive games to Crysis normally only need 1-1.5GB for smooth operation!

Soldato
I get no stuttering with 3GB, maybe it's just 2GB that isn't quite enough.

"Running Bin32 .exe in DX9 mode at 1280x1024 at all High settings"

Ah so you're using 32bit, so not much difference in the amount it can use then.

Soldato
Running Bin32 .exe in DX9 mode at 1280x1024 at all High settings, 2GB runs at 22-26 FPS with stuttering especially as you go from the enclosed space to the beach, and the occasional stutter as you go down the beach. Firefights also occasionally stutter as well, especially during the first few shots fired. 4GB produces no stuttering as a whole, with a lot more consistent framerate hovering at the 27-29 FPS mark.
Urgh, I want to know why my performance decreased when I added another 2GB of RAM. Are there any Vista updates or anything related to using 4GB of memory?

Soldato
There was that Microsoft mass storage update, which a lot of people seemed to have missed. Did you get prompted to install any updates from MS on installing the demo?

"Running Bin32 .exe in DX9 mode at 1280x1024 at all High settings"

Ah so you're using 32bit, so not much difference in the amount it can use then.

I did say I am using Vista Home Premium x64 in the specs. The operating system still uses all 4GB even for 32 bit applications.

Soldato
There was that Microsoft mass storage update, which a lot of people seemed to have missed. Did you get prompted to install any updates from MS on installing the demo?

Yeah, I installed that update. In my motherboard's BIOS if I don't enable the "Memory Remap Feature" I only see about 3.3GB and the performance is exactly the same as when I was using 2GB. However, when I enable the "Memory Remap Feature" I can see the full 4GB but then the performance decreases.

Soldato
When does the game "officially" come out. Is it the 14th?

And when it does, if it runs like a dog on single player, is there any hope of Multiplayer being even half decent? Doesnt look good!

Soldato
Yeah, I installed that update. In my motherboard's BIOS if I don't enable the "Memory Remap Feature" I only see about 3.3GB and the performance is exactly the same as when I was using 2GB. However, when I enable the "Memory Remap Feature" I can see the full 4GB but then the performance decreases.

Sounds like a BIOs/motherboard issue more than anything else, but I am not an expert on BIOs features.

Permabanned
Then maybe we should take the results from the warez version with a pinch of salt as it is perhaps an earlier version or will that be the same version as the retail one?
Clutching at straws if you ask me, seems obvious that the leaked version is gonna be the retail one.

The performance is fine anyway, people knew Crysis would be demanding and should deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom