** Official Days Gone Thread **

Soldato
Looking forward to getting stuck into this again! Have to say I was very impressed with the musical score last night.

*Edit - fired it up and played for about 5 mins got to a question mark and got a new bike then game completely glitches and save got corrupted as bike wouldn’t work at all. Clearly some major bugs still lurking*
You got a new bike from a question mark? Are you sure it's yours to take as there are bikes around from unfortunate bikers who met their fate, and you can't ride them...

Soldato
I've seen a few available bikes scattered around, but always left them since my electric pink bike is never too far away :D
However I assumed they were possible to take due to the icon over them.

Associate
This thread is making me want to get this game now! Not sure i'd be happy with the price tag though vs the amount you get out of it. Probably be on sale within a month.

Associate
I've seen a few available bikes scattered around, but always left them since my electric pink bike is never too far away :D
However I assumed they were possible to take due to the icon over them.

Yeah you can take the other bikes as long as they are not broken. I use them to get back to my bike when I park away for a mission, although I have never tried to get to a camp on one.

Soldato
Yeah you can take the other bikes as long as they are not broken. I use them to get back to my bike when I park away for a mission, although I have never tried to get to a camp on one.
I've never been able to ride one not even one that seems fine... How odd.

I also still cannot select some items such as mines, I used to be able to, but when I used one and depleted the count down to one, I have since been unable to select them or anything else in that category... Needless to say hordes are somewhat difficult to exterminate without them.

Associate
Strange, did you unlock crafting for mines? I tend to use molotovs and a heavy machine gun with hordes. If it is not unlocked you can only select them in that menu if you pick them up, otherwise it will be greyed out until they can be crafted.

Soldato
Strange, did you unlock crafting for mines? I tend to use molotovs and a heavy machine gun with hordes. If it is not unlocked you can only select them in that menu if you pick them up, otherwise it will be greyed out until they can be crafted.
Yes unlocked, I had I think three different types of mines (IIRC,I can't tell because I can't even open the wheel on to the category) but after I used them for the first time I got one and then got locked out of accessing them...

Associate
Would give this a 8.5/10 based on what I’ve played so far (probs about 15 hours). Great Gfx (4kCB and HDR), fantastic sound, decent story, incredibly atmospheric weather effects, nice difficulty level (not too hard on hard difficulty). I’ve found it to be one of those games I can’t put down so far.

Obviously still early on but impressed so far.

Associate
100% everything and all trophies today :)

Loving it so far. Getting better! Have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. Most I’ve enjoyed a game for a long time and it’s nice at last to see the magic of hdr again properly implemented. Makes all the difference for me. Hopefully it’ll continue to impress.

Associate
Nice work. How many hours did you sink into the game?

Not sure how to check on the PS4, but it was many many hours. Probably 70 hours if not more tbh, but I am not the fastest gamer and I like to explore. But that is 100% on all pickups as well.

Loving it so far. Getting better! Have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. Most I’ve enjoyed a game for a long time and it’s nice at last to see the magic of hdr again properly implemented. Makes all the difference for me. Hopefully it’ll continue to impress.

Yeah the HDR is impressive in this, the weather system really makes it atmospheric as well. Gutted it's over tbh, roll on the DLC with the new difficulty setting.

Associate
Yeah would have been nice if they’d implemented a dynamic HUD like on other first party titles (or fave option to turn it off). Especially as the graphics are so good, would really be able to appreciate them more.

Agree about the weather, it’s so atmospheric and love the way light illuminates the rain. Not experienced snow yet. The sound design is also really strong too. It’s not without its faults but neither is any other game.

Back
Top Bottom