** Official Days Gone Thread **

Soldato
Anyone know the best way to kill ravens?
Is there something I should be doing other than using focus and shooting one out of the sky at a time as they dive bomb me?

Last edited:
Associate
One of the best games of recent times. Went in with zero expectations. Really enjoying it.

It's got a few flaws, a few bugs but I love the game world and general harshness

Stunning lighting and weather too (especially in hdr). The way the light shines off the rain is the best I’ve seen in any game this gen. shame the option to have no HUD is not available.

Associate
Stunning lighting and weather too (especially in hdr). The way the light shines off the rain is the best I’ve seen in any game this gen. shame the option to have no HUD is not available.

The DLC is meant to add a new hard mode, fingers crossed they add a no hud option. Although it is to late now imo after release. I never actually looked at the options to turn it off but it would be better. HDR is spot on in this game, just started playing God of War after a recommendation from this thread after hating previous GoW games. HDR is spot on in that game as well and the game itself is very good.

Soldato
We're all having a blast on Days Gone and singing its praises, but thought it might be fun to list out the annoyances :)
Not bugs and glitches. Actual game design choices that grate on you.

1) Suppressors get unattached when you drop a gun and pick it back up.
2) Which leads me to wishing there was a way to choose between searching a body or picking up a weapon.
3) Vertical targeting gets inverted when getting on a bike.
4) I know you can see them on the mini-map, but I wish flowers/herbs were more vibrant and easy to see.
5) Also wish there was a skill to see in survival mode what an object was at a distance.
6) Speaking of survival mode, having objects not become highlighted when you're too standing close sucks.

Any more? :D

Soldato
2) It's still square to pick up both and the icons are really close together a LOT of the time.
3) Depends on whether your normal walking control is inverted or not I guess?.
Still, it shouldn't change when you get on a bike. Very annoying when suddenly down becomes pan down instead of pan up and vice versa.

Last edited:
Associate
I managed to sink a couple of hours into this over the weekend (wish i had more time), and i'm really enjoying it so far, definitely a game i can see myself playing a lot. My only criticism so far is the way the bike handles, ill probably get used to it but my god are the steering inputs delayed.

Associate
I managed to sink a couple of hours into this over the weekend (wish i had more time), and i'm really enjoying it so far, definitely a game i can see myself playing a lot. My only criticism so far is the way the bike handles, ill probably get used to it but my god are the steering inputs delayed.

Keep with it, the bike handles like that at the start. Once you start upgrading it the handling gets much better, especially once you get the hang of drifting around all the corners. It does have a red dead 2 issue though, like on rdr2 sometimes your horse will aim for a tree.... happened to me on this a couple of times.

Associate
Keep with it, the bike handles like that at the start. Once you start upgrading it the handling gets much better, especially once you get the hang of drifting around all the corners. It does have a red dead 2 issue though, like on rdr2 sometimes your horse will aim for a tree.... happened to me on this a couple of times.
Haha, already happened to me several times. Glad to hear the controls do get better though.

Associate
Just met my first Screamer; haha the machine gun is great for cutting down swarmers (not been brave enough to try one of the mini hoards yet). This is a really, really good game. They’ll be things that this will do better the TLOU2 when it’s released without doubt. It won’t have Newts in it for a start. Love the way they scurry across barn roofs.

Associate
Finished the game last night and got the platinum tonight (not hard at all). A great game all around, though 2 things did annoy me:
  1. Performance dips when roaming, can get bad at times (PS4 Pro)
  2. Audio Sync issues in cut-scenes (this seemed to appear after extended play sessions, restarting the game always fixed it)
I hope they make a sequel :)

Soldato
I just installed 1.08 and it's glitchier than ever, I advise against installing it.

*Had my first crash in 60+ hours of gaming.
*After re-loading from that crash I was placed right next to a horde I'd previously wiped out.
*Also alerts from previously finished tasks are popping up.

:(

Soldato
Only thing I don't like about the game is how the melee weapon works i.e. pushing the right stick in the direction of the target and pressing R2. The right stick is also the looking around control. So sometimes I end up looking at the sky or at least not at the target and I'm guessing where they are mid-fight.

Am I doing it wrong? Is there a better way to use the melee weapon for targetting?

Soldato
Only thing I don't like about the game is how the melee weapon works i.e. pushing the right stick in the direction of the target and pressing R2. The right stick is also the looking around control. So sometimes I end up looking at the sky or at least not at the target and I'm guessing where they are mid-fight.

Am I doing it wrong? Is there a better way to use the melee weapon for targetting?

Yes that's incorrect it's not the right stick. Hold the left stick in the direction of the attacker. You can flick between multiple enemies that way as it locks to the nearest enemy you are holding the left stick direction.

Back
Top Bottom