Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Okay this is REALLY annoying me now :(

Every so often at random times the PC just freezes, no BSODs, nothing. Just locks.

290x10, 2.5-4-3-7 passed memtest in BIOS 10 full passes with windows memtest at over 1000%. OCCT passes the 30 min test and BOINC hasnt given me an error yet either!

I tried 264x11 to see if it was a chipset/memory problem but as soon as I had completed the OCCT test, which it passes, I loaded up BOINC, about 30 mins later... lock.

WTF!!!! 280x10 does it aswell! I have been slowly rasing the Vcore from the point where OCCT passes with the smallest amount of Vcore, 1.52V in CPU-Z.

I am now at 1.55V in CPU-Z and it just occured again! I have a feeling this board/PSU every so often drops the Vcore/Mem Voltage so much that Windows cannot BSOD or an error cannot be found.

I dont want to drop back to 2.75Ghz, the highest speed with stock voltage!

Chipset/LDT voltage dont help either :mad:

Anyone have any ideas?

Concorde :mad:

Have you got the 2 extra power connectors (the molex and the floppy) plugged in? What does the 12 volt line read under load in Smart Guardian? I tweaked mine up to 12.1 volts ;)

Concorde Rules said:
Okay this is REALLY annoying me now :(

Every so often at random times the PC just freezes, no BSODs, nothing. Just locks.

290x10, 2.5-4-3-7 passed memtest in BIOS 10 full passes with windows memtest at over 1000%. OCCT passes the 30 min test and BOINC hasnt given me an error yet either!

I tried 264x11 to see if it was a chipset/memory problem but as soon as I had completed the OCCT test, which it passes, I loaded up BOINC, about 30 mins later... lock.

WTF!!!! 280x10 does it aswell! I have been slowly rasing the Vcore from the point where OCCT passes with the smallest amount of Vcore, 1.52V in CPU-Z.

I am now at 1.55V in CPU-Z and it just occured again! I have a feeling this board/PSU every so often drops the Vcore/Mem Voltage so much that Windows cannot BSOD or an error cannot be found.

I dont want to drop back to 2.75Ghz, the highest speed with stock voltage!

Chipset/LDT voltage dont help either :mad:

Anyone have any ideas?

Concorde :mad:

I'm getting freezes/lockups too and don't know why.

They stopped when i flashed the bios, but only briefly.

I really should try reinstalling lol

Im at stock though :o

yeah could well be one of the rails letting you down so as suggested have smartgaurdian on and see if at the point of lockup one of the rails has let you down, and if so just increase it a little.

Nah, checked with m Multi-meter 12.21V under load and 5.05V again under load, however that was a few weeks after I got the PSU so I will have a peak again!

3.3V shows up as 3.20V tho, how easy is it to tweak them? How many degrees = voltage? Eg 5 turns = 0.02V etc

Concorde

I also think it could be a voltage problem, in smart g mine only shows 11.83-11.9v but I tested it with a decent multimeter and it's 12.05-12.12v so if your Smart g is like mine you could try upping the voltage by 0.15v, even if your is at 12v it would be OK to give it that much the ATX specs allow for up to 10% over or under.

Concorde Rules said:
Nah, checked with m Multi-meter 12.21V under load and 5.05V again under load, however that was a few weeks after I got the PSU so I will have a peak again!

3.3V shows up as 3.20V tho, how easy is it to tweak them? How many degrees = voltage? Eg 5 turns = 0.02V etc

Concorde

The pots aren't very subtle! Just have to turn them whilst trying to watch the voltage readouts on Smart Guardian :rolleyes:

Aruffell said:
Im at stock though :o
Lmao!!! Nice. I think you should try a reinstall :p

Well I haven't had any lockups etc but then again I'm on water and because I can't be bothered finding the lowest voltage, I just pump 1.6V through it. Saves me the time of having to find the right voltage for that speed. Weird though that it should be doing that.

YOur chip should do 2.75ghz at stock voltage :) most of them did, mine did 2.8GHz before it gave up.

If It locks again I will give it another voltage hike to 1.56V, if it bombs then its back to 1.52V and just have to live with it.

Concorde

smids said:
Lmao!!! Nice. I think you should try a reinstall :p

Well I haven't had any lockups etc but then again I'm on water and because I can't be bothered finding the lowest voltage, I just pump 1.6V through it. Saves me the time of having to find the right voltage for that speed. Weird though that it should be doing that.

woha! 1.6 for that clock.yep as Conc says you are looking at closer to 2.9GHz with 1.6V. ;)

I'll be upping the core when I've burned in this BH-5. For the moment I'm happy putting 1.6V through it because it idles at 27C and loads about 37C on my new 1/2" setup (ignore sig, needs updating). Gfx card idles 28 loads 39C and even after heaving gaming (source for 2 hours) temps were still below 40C on both. Currently on 414-1 BIOS so I'm going for 260x11 or the like. I have a 120mm 2500rpm fan blowing right on the RAM and PWMIC (now idles at 31C and loads 39C :D). When I can be bothered, I'll test it out much higher.

hi folks just installed everything. Turned it on and everything boots up but the cpu-fan stops spinning after about 5 seconds, and the system hangs at the splash screen, then i turn it off.. what should i do ?
System:
DFI Nforce4 Ultra-D
Athlon 64 3200+ Venice w. stock cooler
Corsair 2x512 mb pc 3200
4 Hd's
Thermaltake Xaser III Lanfire (with 4 fans)
His Radeon x800xl ICEQII
Thermaltake Silent purepower 430 watt
I guess it might be that the power supply is too low but im not willing to give up just yet..
i really want to get my new system working :(
Now I Tried clearing cmos and taking out the battery. same. When i set the safe bootup mode jumper to "on", the cpu fan spins but very slow.. However when i put one stick of ram in bank 2 the cpu fan works 100%, but it won't boot and gives error beeps. I tried different combinations of ram with different ram..nothing works..any
suggestions would be highly appreciated..
ps: i get one yellow light and one red light.

surge said:
Have you got the 2 extra power connectors (the molex and the floppy) plugged in? What does the 12 volt line read under load in Smart Guardian? I tweaked mine up to 12.1 volts ;)

So lets get this right. I can see a molex on the motherboard just above the top graphics card I have got, there should be a molex plugged into it? Also one for the floppy connector as well? :eek:

Did not know I had to plug them in?

Scoobie Dave said:
So lets get this right. I can see a molex on the motherboard just above the top graphics card I have got, there should be a molex plugged into it? Also one for the floppy connector as well? :eek:

Did not know I had to plug them in?

Im not sure it makes a lot of difference TBH unless you are using SLi. But no harm in plugging both a floppy connector and a molex into the motherboard slots :)

Oh I've just noticed you are Sli'd :rolleyes: Guess you should plug them in

surge said:
Im not sure it makes a lot of difference TBH unless you are using SLi. But no harm in plugging both a floppy connector and a molex into the motherboard slots :)

Oh I've just noticed you are Sli'd :rolleyes: Guess you should plug them in

Well I have got the molex plugged in, have not got the floppy one in as its a bit of a pain to plug in. Any idea what the benifits could be with adding the extra rail?

Back
Top Bottom