Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Broken Hope said:
Anyone had any major problems with the 510 bios? I'm likely going to be needing to flash it for the X2 I've ordered since I doubt there will be an official bios before it gets sent out.

This is my concern - also will the motherboard worth at all with an X2 without a new flash? Ie will the motherboard just support a single core until the BIOS flash?

It should boot, but won't work well. I had to flash my Ultra-D when I got my SD as t would constantly reboot at the RAID screen. Luckily (after 22 attempts) I managed to get it to boot from my CD and flashed the BIOS to 414-3. Just keep at it, it should work.

Hey all, I'm new to the whole DFi scene and I want to update my bios from the 310 one I got from the dfi website. Problem is I dont know what type of ram I have, if its TCCD or the other... I wondered if you could tell me? I have Corsair Value Select CAS3
Thanks
Coffeee

Jokester said:
-1 BIOSes are the common ones that aren't tweaked for any particular type of memory so just use one of them.

Jokester
Jokester, could you clear that one up for me. I've read on Techpowerup that -1 is all, -2 is BH5/CH5/UTT and -3 is TCCD. You seem to say the same thing, yet people on DFI-street (not AG or Rgone) have corrected me saying that -3 is all and -1 is TCCD. Which one is it? I'm getting confused now :(

smids said:
Jokester, could you clear that one up for me. I've read on Techpowerup that -1 is all, -2 is BH5/CH5/UTT and -3 is TCCD. You seem to say the same thing, yet people on DFI-street (not AG or Rgone) have corrected me saying that -3 is all and -1 is TCCD. Which one is it? I'm getting confused now :(

I'm just going by Techpower up, I'll check Xtreme to see, as the guy that does them posts there if I remember correctly.

Jokester

It's memory tables

This was posted in the 510 bios thread at DFI-Street

-1 uses 3.26 ram table
-2 uses 3.16 ram table
-3 uses 3.10 ram table

That is correct from a msnm conversation with Oskar.

Ok a couple of other points you might want to know and consider.

3/10 ram table limits you to 'two' stick dual channel to Orange slots still.

Since the 3/16/05 bios sticks could go into Yellow or Orange slots and NOT have warning to place sticks in Orange slots. This means bios with ram tables 3/16 and 3/26 can have two stick dual channel in either Yellow or Orange slots.

Now knowing that you should be able to take advantage of this feature for "however much" you find it worth.
Yellow slots 1 and 3 are supposed better suited for HI voltage and therefore UTT/BH-5 types of memory.
Orange slots 2 and 4 are supposed better suited for normal lower voltages and therefore TCCD/TCCC/TCC5 types of memory.

Jokester said:
That's from Xtremesystems.org.

Jokester
Oh gawd. Though it does make sense that -1 would be the general one doesn't it. I guess I'll just use logic and stick with that. The reason I ask is that I have some BH-5 sitting around now, and I use TCCD so I'm looking for the general BIOS to test them both out.

Broken Hope said:
It's memory tables

This was posted in the 510 bios thread at DFI-Street

3.26 RAM table can work either slot
3.16 RAM table can work either slot
3.10 RAM table limts you to the two orange slots for best performance (low voltage) = TCCD

So from that the -3 BIOSes are apparently tweaked for TCCD, the other two don't have any limitations so presumably -1 is general, -2 is high voltage.

Jokester

Finally got my SLI system stable with my SD 3700 & Gskill 4800 at tight timings on my DFI Ultra SLI-DR.

A64-at-2751-Stable.jpg

This mobo is a bitch to get the RAM stable on! It has taken me ages tweaking various options.

This is using the 310p BIOS

It's only at 2751mhz at the moment but will be pushing for hopefully well over 3ghz with my phase change. However I'm taking a break now & partaking in some well earned gaming driven by my 2 SLI Ultras. SLI was a bitch to get running with my monitor as well. :rolleyes:

hi folks just installed everything. Turned it on and everything boots up but the cpu-fan stops spinning after about 5 seconds, and the system hangs at the splash screen, then i turn it off.. what should i do ?
System:
DFI Nforce4 Ultra-D
Athlon 64 3200+ Venice w. stock cooler
Corsair 2x512 mb pc 3200
4 Hd's
Thermaltake Xaser III Lanfire (with 4 fans)
His Radeon x800xl ICEQII
Thermaltake Silent purepower 430 watt
I guess it might be that the power supply is too low but im not willing to give up just yet..

Last edited:
Basicly i flashed my DFI Lanparty II Ultra-D with the beta 510 bios (-1 for all memory types).
Now when i boot up i get to the screen where is asks how to boot up... like safe mode.. last good config etc. But whatever i try it just restarts when i hit enter. So what should i do? Its also backing up the CMOS everytime.
Coffeee

P.S my ram is Corsair Value Select 512mb x2 Dual Channel (CAS3)
P.S 2, i have 1 red led all the way up untill that screen where i choose how to boot. I cant remember if thats normal

Coffeee said:
Basicly i flashed my DFI Lanparty II Ultra-D with the beta 510 bios (-1 for all memory types).
Now when i boot up i get to the screen where is asks how to boot up... like safe mode.. last good config etc. But whatever i try it just restarts when i hit enter. So what should i do? Its also backing up the CMOS everytime.
Coffeee

P.S my ram is Corsair Value Select 512mb x2 Dual Channel (CAS3)
P.S 2, i have 1 red led all the way up untill that screen where i choose how to boot. I cant remember if thats normal

if you have the bios cd,i hope, then reflash to the 510-2 and see if it helps.ive seen a mate need to do same for some geil value, dont know the logic but it did work.

Back
Top Bottom