Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

wondered if anyone knows how to solve this outside of re-installing XP.
I flashed to to the 510-3 bios on the ultra-d. then windows loads as far as the logo then gets to a blank screen and just wont go any further, just before startup. the mouse pointer is there and can be moved on the blank screen(black).

if i boot into safe mode and check hardware devices, i can see an error against
the PnP BIOS Extension under System devices but if I try to update the driver, choosing PnP BIOS extension from list i get get error code37 this driver can not start.

i have had this once before and had to re-install XP but wondered if there is a quicker method.

flashing back to another bios doesnt fix it either.

Boot from your XP disk and open the recovery console running 'chkdsk' with the switchs '/p /r' (I think those are the two, just check it using 'help chkdsk' - obviously all without the ' '). This is the only thing I can think of, sorry. But tbh, when I corrupted my XP after overclocking memory which couldn't take it, this fixed my corruptions which used to cause programs to close after about 10 seconds (or some random time). Depending on your HDU size, it can take up to 3-4hours.

smids said:
Boot from your XP disk and open the recovery console running 'chkdsk' with the switchs '/p /r' (I think those are the two, just check it using 'help chkdsk' - obviously all without the ' '). This is the only thing I can think of, sorry. But tbh, when I corrupted my XP after overclocking memory which couldn't take it, this fixed my corruptions which used to cause programs to close after about 10 seconds (or some random time). Depending on your HDU size, it can take up to 3-4hours.

cheers will try it when i get up.off to bed now, damn 12.5 hour nightshifts! :eek:

Need some help

Hi guys

Got a DFI UT SLI-D last week, along with the following;

ADM 64 3000+ Venice
Tagan 480 PSU
XFX Geforce 6600gt
2 x 512 Corsair XMS3200XLPT twinX DDR's
200GB Seagate Barracuda SATA
AKASA 913 Heatsink and Fan

I installed it all last Saturday, no problems at all. Windows went in first time all devices working properly. On thurday my Netgear ADSL Router failed, so I re-installed my BT voyager USB ADSL Modem. Only occassionally managed to connect to the internet since, and when I did it dropped the connection quickly and wouldn't reconnect. Unable to establish a connection.

Initially thought it was BT problem, but after installing modem on my laptop and connecting with no problems, I thought it may be a memory issue as that seems to be a big topic here. Since my Router failed I have been getting blue screens because of bugchecks and rebooting all over the place whilst playing games, again I though it was a memory issue.

Flashed to 310 bios, ran memtest+ V1.51, on test 8 got about 50000 fails.

Took one 512 out, left 1 stick in slot 2 and ran memtest again, no probs. Swapped sticks and ran memtest again, no probs. So it only fails when I have both sticks in. I altered the memory timings to 2 2 2 5, as it detected 2 3 2 5, still failing memtest.

I have since set up a network so that my PC connects to the internet through my laptop, and I have no connection problems, so it seems that I only have connection problems through BT voyager connected to USB ports.

I am by no means a PC enthusiast, probably shouldn't have bought this board, but now I've got it I need to try and make it work.

Any ideas because i'm baffled. :confused:

Hmmm. And they are memtest stable as single channel single sticks? If so, I would just RMA them. Anyone else have any suggestions? Tried upping the voltage, Vdimm (DRAM)?

Yup memtest stable with single stick in slot 2.

I haven't upped the Vdimm. Should I up it by .1 and see if it helps?

Its very strange as my system is running as standard, with all components apparently good for overclocking.

What about the 510 beta Bios, should I install that as I have a AMD venice?

Might be being stupid here, but what does RMA mean?

Cheers

crisis123 said:
Yup memtest stable with single stick in slot 2.

I haven't upped the Vdimm. Should I up it by .1 and see if it helps?

Its very strange as my system is running as standard, with all components apparently good for overclocking.

What about the 510 beta Bios, should I install that as I have a AMD venice?

Might be being stupid here, but what does RMA mean?

Cheers

Return Merchandise Authorization

Hope you don't have to do that, Have a go at upping the Vdimm .1 will be OK also just put a fan over the ram to be sure it's not a heat problem.

Beatwolf said:
hi folks just installed everything. Turned it on and everything boots up but the cpu-fan stops spinning after about 5 seconds, and the system hangs at the splash screen, then i turn it off.. what should i do ?
System:
DFI Nforce4 Ultra-D
Athlon 64 3200+ Venice w. stock cooler
Corsair 2x512 mb pc 3200
4 Hd's
Thermaltake Xaser III Lanfire (with 4 fans)
His Radeon x800xl ICEQII
Thermaltake Silent purepower 430 watt
I guess it might be that the power supply is too low but im not willing to give up just yet..
i really want to get my new system working :(
Now I Tried clearing cmos and taking out the battery. same. When i set the safe bootup mode jumper to "on", the cpu fan spins but very slow.. However when i put one stick of ram in bank 2 the cpu fan works 100%, but it won't boot and gives error beeps. I tried different combinations of ram with different ram..nothing works..any
suggestions would be highly appreciated..
ps: i get one yellow light and one red light.

Hi there have you found a fix for the problme you have ,Ive got exactly the same thing?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom