Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

J273 said:
I ve tried everything mate,just cant get past the splash screen at all.

Have you had to move the "BIOS clear" or the "Safe Boot" jumpers on the mobo?

As if you have, make sure they're re-seated properly back on the standard positions. As I, like a numpty, managed to have the BIOS clear jumper only pushed on one pin........& that was stopping me booting past the flash screen. Serves me right for having my water-pump in front of where the jumpers are.

If you haven't been messing with the jumpers........do you have anything connected to the USB2.0 headers? As I had a problem not being able to boot when my Mach II was connected to the left hand USB2.0 header. Switched to the right hand one & no more boot problems.......Bizarre!

That's all I can suggest mate. ;)

Ok cheers guys for the info bu could you tell me where the sfe boot jumper is i cant find it ,is it in the manul,Thanks

YooEntSinMeROYT said:
Have you had to move the "BIOS clear" or the "Safe Boot" jumpers on the mobo?

As if you have, make sure they're re-seated properly back on the standard positions. As I, like a numpty, managed to have the BIOS clear jumper only pushed on one pin........& that was stopping me booting past the flash screen. Serves me right for having my water-pump in front of where the jumpers are.

If you haven't been messing with the jumpers........do you have anything connected to the USB2.0 headers? As I had a problem not being able to boot when my Mach II was connected to the left hand USB2.0 header. Switched to the right hand one & no more boot problems.......Bizarre!

That's all I can suggest mate. ;)

Woohoo thanks a lot mate,Finally got it workin from what you said,It was the USB header on the board ,I had my USB card reader pluged into the right hand 1 and it kept freezing but now ive unplugged it and it works ,Thanks again ,I was gutted id thought id just upgraded to a new board and it had died on me ;) ;)

J273 said:
Woohoo thanks a lot mate,Finally got it workin from what you said,It was the USB header on the board ,I had my USB card reader pluged into the right hand 1 and it kept freezing but now ive unplugged it and it works ,Thanks again ,I was gutted id thought id just upgraded to a new board and it had died on me ;) ;)

Know how you feel, you'll sleep better now ;)

Concorde Rules said:
I think I have solved my locking problems! I uninstalled MBM 5 + OCCT and it hasnt locked since :D

Speedfan is fine tho, 43C load for most of yesterday.

Concorde

Maybe MBM5, but doubtful OCCT.

Or do you mean it was unstable when OCCT ran ?

Its_Me said:
Maybe MBM5, but doubtful OCCT.

Or do you mean it was unstable when OCCT ran ?

Its uses MBM config fiels to read temps etc, this passed its 30 mins test then locked after 30mins or so.

3 days since uninstalling it and no locks + speedfan reads the temps without locks :D

Concorde

Concorde Rules said:
Its uses MBM config fiels to read temps etc, this passed its 30 mins test then locked after 30mins or so.

3 days since uninstalling it and no locks + speedfan reads the temps without locks :D

Concorde

sweet clock there now dude, i need damned 1.575 to get 2.9!still loads at 45C so no bad. shooting for 2.93 atm with 1.6V.fingers crossed.but running like the 150 divider cos im trying out 2x1gb of cheapy Kingston ram as it rocks in ram intensive games. at a whopping 2.5-3-3-7 @ 2.6V 200MHz!!!!lol.

surge said:
Its OK Andrew, the program is in English!

I don't use any programme for my monitoring other that Smart Gaurdian will it work with that?

I did try clock gen last week but it wouldn't run so I uninstalled it, I'm currrently reinstalling Windows as I've messed it about rather a lot over the last week to the extent that I couldn't even get my printer to write a letter this morrning.

What I'm looking for is something that will allow me to do adjustments in windows to fine tune it a bit more :D

kimandsally said:
I don't use any programme for my monitoring other that Smart Gaurdian will it work with that?

It'll work fine , but won't give you any temperature readouts. Its just a CPU stressing program- no o/clocking adjustments. But if it runs the standard 1/2 hour program fine then your'e pretty stable :)

surge said:
It'll work fine , but won't give you any temperature readouts. Its just a CPU stressing program- no o/clocking adjustments. But if it runs the standard 1/2 hour program fine then your'e pretty stable :)

I have it, sort of like Prime 95 then, do you use clock gen or some other programme to overclock in windows or do you do it the way I've been, in and out of BIOS shut down etc?

That clock gen programme did look OK but whether or not I did something wrong but it kept erroring and wouldn't open :-(

kimandsally said:
I have it, sort of like Prime 95 then, do you use clock gen or some other programme to overclock in windows or do you do it the way I've been, in and out of BIOS shut down etc?

That clock gen programme did look OK but whether or not I did something wrong but it kept erroring and wouldn't open :-(

I use clockgen-I also sometimes find that the shortcut (or pinned start menu shortcut) won't open it, but it opens fine from the original application in the folder

Back
Top Bottom