Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

andyr said:
i got the occt program installed and running but how do you get the graph recording bit up and running or is that a different program :confused:

You need Motherboard Monitor running. Then go to Options in OCCT and click on Sensor Config :)

surge said:
I use clockgen-I also sometimes find that the shortcut (or pinned start menu shortcut) won't open it, but it opens fine from the original application in the folder

Thanks, would you know where there is a link to the latest one , and for the super pi with the times that go to the 1000th of a second I can't seem to find them and although I backed up my internet explorer somehow that's not worked this time, could be because I'm sure I screwed windows up again with overclocking and BSOD's I'm getting to be a master at reinstalling this last 2 weeks.

kimandsally said:
Thanks, would you know where there is a link to the latest one , and for the super pi with the times that go to the 1000th of a second I can't seem to find them and although I backed up my internet explorer somehow that's not worked this time, could be because I'm sure I screwed windows up again with overclocking and BSOD's I'm getting to be a master at reinstalling this last 2 weeks.

Superpi with milliseconds

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-54389.html

Clockgen for the DFI NF4 is on the motherboard CD

:)

kimandsally said:
Thanks, just downloaded the cpuz, I never looked on the motherboard CD for a tuning facility, (doh) I've found the Nvidia Ntune and installed it after I've downloaded a few more bits I'll have a go, Thanks ;)

I wouldn't use NTune Andrew :eek: It can give you big problems. I tried the voltage adjustment for the RAM with it and wound up having to reinstall Windows :(
But Clockgen is on the CD too :)

Last edited:
monkeygabriel said:
sweet clock there now dude, i need damned 1.575 to get 2.9!still loads at 45C so no bad. shooting for 2.93 atm with 1.6V.fingers crossed.but running like the 150 divider cos im trying out 2x1gb of cheapy Kingston ram as it rocks in ram intensive games. at a whopping 2.5-3-3-7 @ 2.6V 200MHz!!!!lol.

It used to be at 1.51V, but due to the locking I kept increasing it.

Once I get to saturday I will lower it :)

3ghz on air... hmmmmmm :eek:

Concorde

surge said:
Are you runnning motherboard monitor ;)

I've just changed that, dont use any form of monitoring, had speedfan running then I turned on logging and it blue screened :|

The DFI is sooo sensitive!! Had Prime95 running today from 1:15 and 7 and a bit hours later its still going, will keep it going until 10.

Bah!

Concorde

Edit: Just tried it at 2.75ghz stock Vcore, and it BSODs again with logging enabled, what a bummer!

Last edited:
surge said:
Are you runnning motherboard monitor ;)

Hi , yes i was running motherboard monitor that seems ok i have had that running for a few days and is stable but after installing occt it blue screened after boot into windows , removed occt and all is now stable again.
i wanted to get a second opinion on the cpu temp as compared with the same processor in my old av8 mobo the dfi reports it running a good 10 degrees cooler for the same 2.5 gig , but occt uses mbm5 configuration as a datum anyway so it doesnt really prove anything. Smart guardian also indicates the same temp as mbm5 so it seems that this mobo runs my chip cooler than my old mobo,, i think ????

Does anyone install the Nf4 firewall , and is this protecting my connection through my usb adsl modem or is it just protecting the lan ports on the board.

Like im going to be using my firewall (sygate) plus this is this ok to do or is it best to just use 1 or the other,Thanks

J273 said:
Does anyone install the Nf4 firewall , and is this protecting my connection through my usb adsl modem or is it just protecting the lan ports on the board.

Like im going to be using my firewall (sygate) plus this is this ok to do or is it best to just use 1 or the other,Thanks

i would just use the one, forget the nvidia one.

J273 said:

It only protects the Nvidia LAN, nothing else.

Hi Guys

Quick question refgarding the most compatible brand types of memory to get for use with the Ultra-D board. The girlfriend has had no end of trouble with the geil value 1GB (2x512) PC3200 dual channel kit which was sent back to Overclockers along with the mobo over a month ago. Overclockers replied yesterday to say that the ram was indeed the problem and that they recommend crucial ballistix as a good brand to go for with this board.

We are looking for 1GB (2x512) of ram which will be fairly future proof and able to overclock. Budget is up to £180. So would you recommend the Crucial 1GB (2x512MB) DDR2 PC5300 667MHz Ballistix Dual Channel Kit (BL2KIT6464AA664) (MY-035-CR) or another brand if so please state.

Cheers

Chris

YOu cant use DDR2, DDR only as AMD hasnt started suing DDR2 yet.

G-Skill LA, LE or FF, or Corsair (sorry dont know which version) with TCCD chips are whats hot atm.

Concorde

PS: Make sure you flash with the latest BIOS!

Just a quickie on bioses.

I am looking at upgrading the bios, with either the 414 range or 510.

I currently use a 310p, but will be selling the FX55 for a X2 4800+, also i use Gskill 4400 LC 2 x 512mb chips which i belive are TCCD 431 chips.

Also the mobo is the DFI SLI-DR Rev A3

Any help would be great chaps :D

Back
Top Bottom