Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Greetings all.

Just setup my FX55 sandiego on my mach2...

I'm somewhat perplexed as whilst I can get to 3315 at 17 x 200 rock soild, I can't get ANY kind of FSB oc - in fact, the highest I was able to get with a fsb OC was 3150 with a fsb of 210.

Its been a few years since I was a serious overclocker so I'm n00b level currently.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong.

My kit:

DFI NF4-ULTRA-DR
2 x corsair XMS 4400 ram
FX55
Adaptec raid card with 2 x raptor 76's
Tagan 530 w PSU
BFG 6800 GT oc.

richard smith said:
Greetings all.

I'm somewhat perplexed as whilst I can get to 3315 at 17 x 200 rock soild, I can't get ANY kind of FSB oc - in fact, the highest I was able to get with a fsb OC was 3150 with a fsb of 210.

Its been a few years since I was a serious overclocker so I'm n00b level currently.

My kit:

DFI NF4-ULTRA-DR
2 x corsair XMS 4400 ram
FX55
Tagan 530 w PSU
BFG 6800 GT oc.

Hi Richard,

This could be a case of trying the various ram options, I have a 4000 San Diego which I had real problems getting to clock it kept giving me the BSOD. Here are 2 links that coud help you setting the ram up, http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5844 and http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33537&postcount=10

If all that fails come back to the forum as there are plenty of knowledgeable people on here I had a tremendous amount of help, the main thing is to make notes of what you do and be methodical I find that some of the ram settings are very important for clocking and stability.

The main ones I had to work on were, Tref there's posts on here about that, also if your running TCCD ram some like low volts and other higher to perform well at high fsb, use memtest to find what yours likes best by lowering the cpu multi then working on the ram then you can then head for the cpu when you know what your ram likes.

Hope this helps but really it's a lot of patience and incremental tuning that will get you there it took me about 5 days consisting of around 6 hours a day mostly because I didn't take good enough notes so I couldn't remember what did what and at what settings, and before I send you to sleep I'll let you get on with it. Amen.

richard smith said:
Greetings all.

My kit:

DFI NF4-ULTRA-DR
2 x corsair XMS 4400 ram
FX55
Tagan 530 w PSU
BFG 6800 GT oc.

Try for a lower multiplier at an FSB of 250.

Some more info such as what voltage your pumping through your CPU & RAM & what timings your running your RAM at would be helpful for the good bods on these forums in providing suggestions.

kimandsally said:
Hi Richard,

This could be a case of trying the various ram options, I have a 4000 San Diego which I had real problems getting to clock it kept giving me the BSOD. Here are 2 links that coud help you setting the ram up, http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5844 and http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33537&postcount=10

If all that fails come back to the forum as there are plenty of knowledgeable people on here I had a tremendous amount of help, the main thing is to make notes of what you do and be methodical I find that some of the ram settings are very important for clocking and stability.

The main ones I had to work on were, Tref there's posts on here about that, also if your running TCCD ram some like low volts and other higher to perform well at high fsb, use memtest to find what yours likes best by lowering the cpu multi then working on the ram then you can then head for the cpu when you know what your ram likes.

Hope this helps but really it's a lot of patience and incremental tuning that will get you there it took me about 5 days consisting of around 6 hours a day mostly because I didn't take good enough notes so I couldn't remember what did what and at what settings, and before I send you to sleep I'll let you get on with it. Amen.

Amen to that! Took me a week of tweaking before I could get my Gskill RAM stable with tight timings with my 3700SD. WIll be pushing my system further over the next couple of weeks. However I've had enough at the moment & am just enjoying some SLI assisted gaming ;)

& totally agree that the Tref is one of the most important settings

Last edited:
richard smith said:
Greetings all.

My kit:

DFI NF4-ULTRA-DR
2 x corsair XMS 4400 ram
FX55
Tagan 530 w PSU
BFG 6800 GT oc.

Richard- can you post an A64 Tweaker shot of your RAM settings and also tell us:

Which BIOS vesrion

The Tref value in the BIOS

The values of Dram Data Drive Strength and Dram Drive Strength in the BIOS

RAm voltage

Don't worry I'm sure its fixable :)

surge said:
Richard- can you post an A64 Tweaker shot of your RAM settings and also tell us:

Which BIOS vesrion

The Tref value in the BIOS

The values of Dram Data Drive Strength and Dram Drive Strength in the BIOS

RAm voltage

Don't worry I'm sure its fixable :)

I was leaving everything on auto in the ram section.

I'm just popping out for a spot of breakfast... then I'll be back at the helm.

richard smith said:
I was leaving everything on auto in the ram section.

I'm just popping out for a spot of breakfast... then I'll be back at the helm.

A64 is Tweaker here (1st item) if you don't have it

http://bakkap.free.fr/

If you are on BIOS 414-3:
Try Tref 1168 or 2336, Dram data Drive Strength 2, Dram Drive Strength 7 and HTT 250 (x12) with timings of 2.5 3 3 7. Also HTT/LTD ratio of 4 (or Auto). Everything else on AUTO for the moment ;)

For BIOS 310 the same, except data Drive strength 3

If you are on BIOS 25/1, then you do need to flash to a newer one- 414-3 is good for TCCD RAM IMHO

surge said:
A64 is Tweaker here (1st item) if you don't have it

http://bakkap.free.fr/

If you are on BIOS 414-3:
Try Tref 1168 or 2336, Dram data Drive Strength 2, Dram Drive Strength 7 and HTT 250 (x12) with timings of 2.5 3 3 7. Also HTT/LTD ratio of 4 (or Auto). Everything else on AUTO for the moment ;)

For BIOS 310 the same, except data Drive strength 3

If you are on BIOS 25/1, then you do need to flash to a newer one- 414-3 is good for TCCD RAM IMHO

310 bios... just dloaded A64 tweaker

Just to start experimenting now... ;)

currentsettings.jpg

richard smith said:
OK- Max async latency of 7 is too tight for TCCD at high HTTs (>250). Set it to 8 and should be OK up to 300
Try Tcl 2.5, trp 3, trcd 3, tras 7
Dram data drive strength 3
Dram Drive strength 7
LTD/HTT ratio 4

Everything else as is

And then check it with memtest (DOS version, which I think is incorporated in the 310 BIOS) at 250 x 12. If you get errors in test 5 change the RAM voltage.
If you get errors in test 1, 2 or 3 change Tref to 1168 or 2336

:)

Naaa no joy.

tried for 250 x 10 with your settings and various other tweaks

any idea what best voltage for corsair XMS 4400 ram is... i tried 2.7 - 2.9 v

v core is 1.55 x 110 = 1.66

back to 16.5 x 200 stable.

Think i'll try with my old OCZ 3700 EB and see what happens

richard smith said:
Naaa no joy.

tried for 250 x 10 with your settings and various other tweaks

any idea what best voltage for corsair XMS 4400 ram is... i tried 2.7 - 2.9 v

v core is 1.55 x 110 = 1.66

back to 16.5 x 200 stable.

Think i'll try with my old OCZ 3700 EB and see what happens

Which test does it fail in Memtest?

surge said:
I presume the RAM is in the orange slots?

Yeah :) I did try in the other ones but it did inform me of my error :rolleyes:

Right.. put on ocz ram and now up and running at 3378 15.5 x 218

running prime 95 now

edit failed:

now at 243 x 13.5 and looking good...

I'm going to send the corsair stuff back

Last edited:
richard smith said:
Yeah :) I did try in the other ones but it did inform me of my error :rolleyes:

Right.. put on ocz ram and now up and running at 3378 15.5 x 218

running prime 95 now

edit failed:

now at 243 x 13.5 and looking good...

I'm going to send the corsair stuff back

What chips does the OCZ have?

kimandsally said:
Hi below is a page from dfi street.

<snip>

Could you explain some parts that I don't understand?

If we take this for example.
1536= 100mhz(3.9us)

And we use 1536= 100mhz(3.9us) how does this compare to 3684= 100mhx(1.96us)
The bit I don't understand is I can see quite clearly that 1536 is lower than 3684 but what relationship is the 1.95us to 3.9us?

I think the table has just been formulated based on what a piece of software reads the values as.

The formulas being worked on in this thread:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65151

Make much more sense.

EDIT - Easy table of clock speeds and Tref using 7.8us memory is here:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/james.waynewright/Tref.html

Back
Top Bottom