Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

I'm pretty ****** off with DFI right now. I bought a Lanparty UT DF4 Ultra-D. Out of the box I connected it up. Puff of smoke and dead board. Never posted.

I returned/dmad it to DFI Rotterdam at my own expense. Now they have just posted to say they are voiding the warranty because the board had been overclocked and modified. Wtf?? It's brand new out of the box!!!???

If it's brand new and out of the box then you use the trade act and get a working replacement. It's a delivered faulty and therefore unfit for purpose.

Just because there is an RMA process, the RMA process is for warrantee and does not exclude the retailer of their legal right of the trade act.

I would quote section section 14 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979. It deals with implied terms for fitness/quality of goods for doing what they are intended to do. If it went bang straight out of the box, the goods were not of merchandable quality and you can demand a replacement.

You really have been unlucky there, DFI boards are usually extremely good with a very good RMA service.

Section 14(2) Sale of Goods Act 1979 - Where the seller sells goods in the course of a business, there is an implied term that the goods supplied under the contract are of satisfactory quality.

Quote this and they don't have a leg to stand on. Prove that there was little/no time difference between delivery of the goods to you and you sending it off for an RMA and you have your new board - one hopes.

Last edited:
hi guys, is there a suitable chipset waterblock for this board yet? preferably one that doesnt turn the flow rate into uber low lol

also managed 12x250 the other day, im sure my mem controllers gay tbh

just managed a few new scores, can boot into windows at 3.15ghz but crashs when i try to open anything lol

max i can bench at is: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=22885 sadly the gay memory controller on this thing craps out above 270 so to get the holy 3ghz i had to use higher multi and lower fsb :( but i was still good for 29sec superpi and i was 20marks off my 15k target in 03

boots into windows at 250x12 (3ghz) 1.67v though which is nice, not 100% stable though

cant wait to get a 3700 and my new chilled water setup on the go -12.5oC water on gfx and cpu *drool* 0.6oC under a 210w heatload

Hey mrbios,

First, I wouldn't worry about using a major divider on the memory. As you probably know, it's CPU clock which is where the gains are. I usually use a 140 divider on mine without worry.

Do you have a thread / info on this chilled water setup? I was cotemplating the same thing, but my heat load is too great.

i havent got a thread on it mate but basicly its a mach1 r134a(?) with the head cut off and then its connect to some coils of pipes which are inside a resevoir cooling the water, the water has a mix of water and antifreeze which is supposed to be good for -50 without freezing (but a lot of condensation)

its being built by fatty from EP (i presume im aloud to say EP as its not directly saying a name or link to a company?) dont think these guys sell anything so i should be aloud to link you here: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=92041

hes done a lot to it, i had to send him a mach1 chassis to put it all in but hes polished it (which i didnt expect :D) and attached a controller to the unit so that i can adjust it for cooling but no condensation or extreme cooling and lots of condensation :D

i think all hes got left to do to it is stick some armourflex insulation on it, but he seems to be enjoying playing with it and doing more to it all the time :D

Last edited:
just a noob question here but having problems with 2gb of memory in this mobo and carnt see where it says the bios version as somebody has pointed out that the later bios updates memory compatibility, and im ashamed to say i forgot to buy a floppydrive so need to wait till next week b4 i can get time to flash and test this memory, its fine on 1 stick and memtests fine with the other but when both are in memtest pulls errors and hopefully the update may fix this

pmk24 said:
just a noob question here but having problems with 2gb of memory in this mobo and carnt see where it says the bios version as somebody has pointed out that the later bios updates memory compatibility, and im ashamed to say i forgot to buy a floppydrive so need to wait till next week b4 i can get time to flash and test this memory, its fine on 1 stick and memtests fine with the other but when both are in memtest pulls errors and hopefully the update may fix this

Assuming you have a CD drive ( ;) ) here is a link to all BIOSes on a bootable CD, near bottom of page

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.php?p=61045&postcount=3

If you have TCCD based RAM 414-3 is good, and I think OK for 2 GB

lol

Currently I have it to start @ 6AM. Every Night I have to set the start-up date to the next day. This is quite annoying so I was wondering if there is a way to get it to start every day @ 6AM without me setting it every night?

Concorde

Hi, im new to the board - hello all :)

I have a dfi-ultra D with a 3700 san diego - but i have terrible problems getting it stable above 2500mhz. Im using corsair tccd, and the only bios i can get any overclock at all on is 414-3 (although i havent tried the 511-1/2 etc.)

Does anyone have any good tips to increase stability?

Back
Top Bottom