Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Oh god dammit! Only had my PC working for 6 weeks and now the PSU has had it :( somehow electricity is getting onto its case :( PC works fine tho. Another RMA.. what a time just 1 week away for BF2 :mad:

Concorde

I am struggling trying to make a raid 0 array using this mobo and two raptors ,i make the array ok i think it says its healthy and then i hit f6 and load the nvidia sata raid drivers but when it gets to the point where it says select a dirve to install xp to it shows as two drives , when i did this on my asus a8v it showed up as one combined drive and it formatted it in one go and then installed ok . this one is driving me nuts , i have flashed the bios to the latest 615 but it is still the same ,anyone got any ideas

andyr said:
I am struggling trying to make a raid 0 array using this mobo and two raptors ,i make the array ok i think it says its healthy and then i hit f6 and load the nvidia sata raid drivers but when it gets to the point where it says select a dirve to install xp to it shows as two drives , when i did this on my asus a8v it showed up as one combined drive and it formatted it in one go and then installed ok . this one is driving me nuts , i have flashed the bios to the latest 615 but it is still the same ,anyone got any ideas

A couple of things to try, you might have but it might be different on the Asus, you have to go into the bios, I think it's integrated peripherals, the 4th one down on the left, then on the list choose the second one down for sata, enable it then highlight where your drives are attached, might as well highlight them all.
Then save and exit, press f10 to enter the menu make sure you choose strip or mirror whatever you need then take both drives from the left pane to the right pane, using the curser, then I think it's f7 then set to boot by pressing B.
Then restart you shouldn't need to press F6 for me it just loads and installs.

I had a similar problem to this and was missing one of the steps I think it was the one in the BIOS integrated jobo.

Hope this sorts it ;)

kimandsally said:
A couple of things to try, you might have but it might be different on the Asus, you have to go into the bios, I think it's integrated peripherals, the 4th one down on the left, then on the list choose the second one down for sata, enable it then highlight where your drives are attached, might as well highlight them all.
Then save and exit, press f10 to enter the menu make sure you choose strip or mirror whatever you need then take both drives from the left pane to the right pane, using the curser, then I think it's f7 then set to boot by pressing B.
Then restart you shouldn't need to press F6 for me it just loads and installs.

I had a similar problem to this and was missing one of the steps I think it was the one in the BIOS integrated jobo.

Hope this sorts it ;)
Still no joy unfortunatly , i have even gone back to 310 bios just incase but it still comes up as seperate drives :(

andyr said:
Still no joy unfortunatly , i have even gone back to 310 bios just incase but it still comes up as seperate drives :(

Hi, just been into my bios, all I can see is the integrated peripherals - raid config - sata phy- enable all of them exit then on reboot press f10 into array list make sure to clear data, then rebuild send both drives to the right hand pane, set to strip or mirror as required, then set to boot.

The disks I use are Hitachi deskstar so unless there's a difference there?

Are you using XP service pack 2?

As far as I can remember I had to use a floppy on thee f6 prompt with sp1, if you do make sure you install all the drivers, if I remember right you press the enter first time then have to press s again each time to install each driver one at a time, if you press the one it specifies to carry on before all the drivers are loaded then it will fail, I had this with a MSI Neo 2 at first I only loaded 1 driver took me a while to suss that one out too.

I've got to go out but will check back later. ;)

I'm going to buy this board soon, was wondering if anyone was planning to use a X2 on it? i want to run this with a 4600+.

I know the latest bios for this board supports dual-core but i want to be sure it all works ok before i buy...

Or does anyone know any X2 reviews that use this board?

piece of advice, don't get a 4600+, get a 4400+ instead and overclock it - the extra cache would be well worth it, as the 4400+ will clock as well as the 4600+ with ease. You essentially get a 4800+ then for the price of a 4400+. The board should work fine with all x2 processors as long as the bios is recent.

Thing is though, i want to overclock the 4600+, to around 2.6ghz and i'll be happy, it would have better performance than the 4800+ then.
I dont think the 4400+ could do that, atleast not on air..

the 4400+ should clock just as well as the 4600+, and it has 1mb extra cache. Even if the 4400 got to 2.5 and the 4600 got to 2.6 the extra cache would give the 4400 the edge. For games, only a single core would be useful for now, and as such its like comparing venice to san diago cores, speed may be most imporatant, but the cache is certainly a contributing factor. 2.6ghz should definately be achievable (and may even be conservative) for either core.

Last edited:
Hmm, i may get a 4400+... if i do and it dont get to 2.4ghz+ i'll be rather annoyed lol.

Dont suppose you know of any reviews where the 4400+ has been overclocked? i cant fond one single review of the 4600+.

I want a dual-core 'cause i do a lot of graphics/website/rendering work and play games, i have a 3800+ and i want the dual-core to atleast match that for games.

will a SLi-DR have any problems coping with a 3000+ Venice, 250Gb Maxtor Diamondmax 10 (IDE), Connect3D ATI Radeon X800 XL 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI (PCI-Express), Akasa AK-913 EVO 33 and Corsair 1GB DDR XMS4400C25PT TwinX (2x512MB)CAS2.5.
Would i just be able to push everything in and let it work or will i have to flash the bios?
I read somewhere that a SLi-DR only supports SATA and not IDE, can you confirm?

The SLI-DR supports both SATA 2 (4 ports) SATA 1 (4 ports) and IDE (4 ports). I have heard a few ppl having problems with that form of corsair mem on this mobo - if youre patient it should work fine tho with tweaking...

Im not sure about the cooler, but since the SLI-DR fits a XP-120 then it should hold all...

I would always upgrade to at least the latest offical BIOS (one was out but is getting fixed ATM)

ps3ud0 :cool:

I would definitely browse through this thread tho - as a few ppl with that memory have posted here - might give you a good idea how serious the issues are - I cant really comment as Ive not used the memory and my own is pretty bad (in my head that is :p)

ps3ud0 :cool:

618 beta bios, should fix the usb issue, it's meant to be a release candidate and should hopefully go official soon

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=66188

Should also fix cold boots because I believe this part means they fixed the issue of the board not providing over 3.2 volts at boot

2.The 1st power on after AC OFF
ac off , not off clear cmos --> "program dram voltage based on user select value(only up to 3.2V) "--> detect dram --> testing the dram --> program the dram voltage up to the final value if you select higher than 3.2V

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom