Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

mattbrown91 said:
so is it just the corsair 4400 or is it corsair in general people have problems with?

Not had any issues with Corsair meself, and thats runnig the 2gig twin x @ 2.3.3.6

Using the fx55 so maybe the mem controller is a little less fussy

definetly the mem controller is less fussy with winnies and what not, my winnie was quite happy at 289 1:1 but with the san diego, about 270 is the most it will do. My friend has that same memory coolasmoo with a SD3700 and was getting terrible problems, so much so he got rid of the board and went for a abit instead (which incidently, he's had no problems since changing).

The corsair will work fine mate, the only problem is you might not get as much out of the combo - as you would expect. If you havent bought the ram yet, then go for something else if your stuck on the DFI. Otherwise go for the abit fatality, which dosent seem to have any issues with it.

Toblaki said:
The corsair will work fine mate, the only problem is you might not get as much out of the combo - as you would expect. If you havent bought the ram yet, then go for something else if your stuck on the DFI. Otherwise go for the abit fatality, which dosent seem to have any issues with it.

what do you mean?
will it not clock as high?
if so, why?
is the abit any better or how much worse? Would i get 277*9=2500 out of it or more? with a 3000+Venice

Last edited:
Broken Hope said:
If you scroll up a little, you'll see that they have released a fixed version already :/

Not the point though, if such a flaw can slip through to a final release then you have to wonder what their QA testing is like. Might be a more serious flaw next time.

I don't really see what the problem is. Oskar Wu fixes any major problem almost immediately. How many other companies do that? We get BIOS releases very often, tweaking and improving the board's functionality.

kimandsally said:
Hi, I had this with a MSI Neo 2 at first I only loaded 1 driver took me a while to suss that one out too.

I've got to go out but will check back later. ;)

cheers m8 i was loading 1 out of two drivers aswell and that was it ,i am up and running on raid 0 so thanks a lot i couldn't of picked a hotter day to to play with arrays lol, they are just a bit pickey though even when you do select both drivers , anyways thanks again ;) this raid is a real boost and on this mobo its even faster

Last edited:
wush said:
Not the point though, if such a flaw can slip through to a final release then you have to wonder what their QA testing is like. Might be a more serious flaw next time.

They are s amll company and their target market is Overclockers - therfore you can't expect them to test with every setup combination liklely to be used - be thanksful they actualy lisen and fix it quickly - most dont even bother !

when flashing a bios from winflash do you lot flash the DMI section of it as well? i never did before so decided to this time with the 618-3 bios but im curious as to what it actually does? if anything?

mrbios said:
when flashing a bios from winflash do you lot flash the DMI section of it as well? i never did before so decided to this time with the 618-3 bios but im curious as to what it actually does? if anything?
hi , i just tick clear cmos and it has worked for me every time

andyr said:
cheers m8 i was loading 1 out of two drivers aswell and that was it ,i am up and running on raid 0 so thanks a lot i couldn't of picked a hotter day to to play with arrays lol, they are just a bit pickey though even when you do select both drivers , anyways thanks again ;) this raid is a real boost and on this mobo its even faster

Real pleased for you been there and it's horrid.

Okay back at overclocked settings and it booted, now finding my best 2.5-3-3-6 FSB :D

The 'Normal', 'Fast' and "Fastest' settings, 'Fastest" doesnt work for me :(

Concorde

Edit: 290x10 BSODs (the same BSOD I usally get) with same settings as before on the 510-1 BIOS. However my bandwidth is up 200mb/s to 7.7gb/s so im happyish :D Im at 287x10 and ist solid, what changes with 3mhz :|

Last edited:
Concorde, are you a gamer? If so, they tend to prefer low latency than high bandwidth.

@ 290, 2.5-3-3-6 (Your Tras ought to be 8 in this case too), the total latency of the memory is 36.2ns. If you can run at 230 or more, 2-2-2, I think games might prefer that. (34.8ns, reducing to 32 as you approach 250).

Mind you, we are talking myabe 1% difference! :D

Concorde Rules said:
Okay back at overclocked settings and it booted, now finding my best 2.5-3-3-6 FSB :D

The 'Normal', 'Fast' and "Fastest' settings, 'Fastest" doesnt work for me :(

Hi, i just enabled fastest in memory and it took my 2001SE score from 27005 to 27460 , "well pleased"

Back
Top Bottom