Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Jimbo Mahoney said:
Concorde, are you a gamer? If so, they tend to prefer low latency than high bandwidth.

@ 290, 2.5-3-3-6 (Your Tras ought to be 8 in this case too), the total latency of the memory is 36.2ns. If you can run at 230 or more, 2-2-2, I think games might prefer that. (34.8ns, reducing to 32 as you approach 250).

Mind you, we are talking myabe 1% difference! :D

Its actually 2.5-4-3-7 atm ;) My CPU is ****ing me off atm as Ive had to bring it back to 285 to be stable :|

Dunno if its CPU or mem most likely CPU. did it at 2910/11 whatever FSB that is...

Whens the Ati board out :(

Concorde

Last edited:
kimandsally said:
Hi whats this? Whens the Ati board out :(

Are ATI making a motherboard?

indeed they are, and there watercooled one looks delicous 3 waterblocks on it and thats not including graphics, i cant wait to combine chilled water with one (i just hope they make one that its capable of crossfire)

My DFI and VX are doing my head in!!!

It looks like the DFI NF4 and high VDimm/cold boot problem ain't going away quickly. I'm running 240x11 on my SD3700+ at 3.2v (jumper in original position) which is fine as long as the power's always connected. If i unplug - COLD BOOT, and from what i gather this is the start of a road which pretty much always leads to VX RIP.

RGone and Angry over at DFI Street have pretty much washed their hands with it, and are suggesting people with the problem email people in Taiwan that speak little or no english (that makes sense!!).

Can anyone suggest a good NF4 alternative?

I wanna run my VX at [email protected] volts so i can do 265x10.

Has anyone had good results with any of the Abit Boards? Fatal1ty or otherwise?

Has anyone got any idea when the ATI board is coming and are there any links or reviews, are they supplied with blocks coz thats going to make them not cheap

kimandsally said:
I was hoping yours was going better now, have you tried the new 6/18 bios?

I've been watching your posts, and thought it was OK now.

Nope, locks @ stock and nVidia drivers been a dam pain... so ATi here i come!

Posted a large thread on DFi-Street and so far sod all!

Yes I am using the 6/18 BIOS, and it seems all BIOSes do it :|

Concorde :mad: :(

wush said:
When using the Corsair XMS 3200C2PT Twin kits in either the 1GB or 2GB variety, which version of the BIOS should be used, xxx-1, xxx-2 or xxx-3?

(* -3 for both kinds of rams (310 ram table), -1 for TCCD etc. (326 ram table), -2 for BH5/CH5 etc. (316 ram table))

I think Corsair XMS 3200C2PT is bh5 so -2 , it definatly isnt tccd stuff so for you its -2 or -3

andyr said:
(* -3 for both kinds of rams (310 ram table), -1 for TCCD etc. (326 ram table), -2 for BH5/CH5 etc. (316 ram table))

I think Corsair XMS 3200C2PT is bh5 so -2 , it definatly isnt tccd stuff so for you its -2 or -3

They are Infineon chips (2x1gb) so -3 is the best bios ;)

Jokester said:
3.26 RAM table can work either slot
3.16 RAM table can work either slot
3.10 RAM table limts you to the two orange slots for best performance (low voltage) = TCCD

So from that the -3 BIOSes are apparently tweaked for TCCD, the other two don't have any limitations so presumably -1 is general, -2 is high voltage.

Jokester
Guys this is the correct bios table info...

-1 is the general one - not -3

ps3ud0 :cool:

ps3ud0 said:
Guys this is the correct bios table info...

-1 is the general one - not -3

ps3ud0 :cool:

Now im confused because everone at Dfi Street forums say its the other way around.

-1 is optimized for TCCD/TCC5
-2 is optimized for BH-5/UTT
-3 is a general BIOS that should work well for most sticks regardless

And at SysXtreme

6/18-1 General Purpose

6/18-2 UTT/BH

6/18-3 TCCD

Can anybody actually confirm this, and why dont Dfi actually confirm this themselves :confused:

Back
Top Bottom