Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

loaded up 618-1 with 2GB XMS3200C2PT everything ok so far

i've just found out that these sticks prefer the orange slots because when loading optimal defaults with them in the yellow slots the bios needs a cmos reset. but with them in the orange it will boot fine.

and they are stable at 2.7v where as they needed 2.8 before @2.3.3.6

Update

Don't know if anyone remembered but I posted a while back with all kinds of problems with corsair xms 4400 tccd ram not getting anywhere above 200 fsb....

well, I RMA'd it and went back to my old OCZ 3500 EB which was a lot better but it's old ram and hardly a good paring for the NF4 UT.

Decided to blow some cash and bought the G.SKILL 4800 LA ram and bingo 290 stable.

It would boot into windows fine at 300 but crash out of super pi. I only had about 20 mins to play last night so i'm sure I can get it stable at 300+ with a bit of tweaking.

So... the moral is... don't use corsair tccd ram with the NF4 UT. :D

richard smith said:
Don't know if anyone remembered but I posted a while back with all kinds of problems with corsair xms 4400 tccd ram not getting anywhere above 200 fsb....

well, I RMA'd it and went back to my old OCZ 3500 EB which was a lot better but it's old ram and hardly a good paring for the NF4 UT.

Decided to blow some cash and bought the G.SKILL 4800 LA ram and bingo 290 stable.

It would boot into windows fine at 300 but crash out of super pi. I only had about 20 mins to play last night so i'm sure I can get it stable at 300+ with a bit of tweaking.

So... the moral is... don't use corsair tccd ram with the NF4 UT. :D

yup i agree.same with the ocz pc4800, never stable even though it should have been. now ocz vx 11x262 rock stable. :D

i think its very hit and miss with tccd full stop not just the corsair. certainly the gskill and pqi stuff goes well.

Quick post:

Just ordered my SLI-DR

Already have a 3000+ Venice and 2 gig dual channel corsair memory (last weeks special offer)

What BIOS are these boards shipping with now?

Which is the best BIOS to use for the above? LPNF450310 (from their site)

do I just copy the files below to a floppy, boot the machine and hey presto....or boot to a win98 boot disk, then insert disk with files below and then run the bat file...

i.e. Autoexec.bat, AWDFLASH.exe,NF4LD310.BIN

Thanks for any resposnes ;)

n30_mkii said:
Quick post:

do I just copy the files below to a floppy, boot the machine and hey presto....or boot to a win98 boot disk, then insert disk with files below and then run the bat file...

i.e. Autoexec.bat, AWDFLASH.exe,NF4LD310.BIN

Thanks for any resposnes ;)

I just use winflash from within windows but others will tell you to do the floppy or cd method.

All depends how brave you are :p

n30_mkii said:
So which BIOS should i get? Where from? Method of install?

Needs to work with my Venice and Corsair Memory!!

Also has this PS2/USB issue been sorted? :rolleyes:

get the latest official or latest beta -2 for tccd.however expect it to be a bitch to get working with corsair tccd.

kimandsally said:
Was flashing on Sunday when we had a power cut :-( good job my mate had the same mobo for a hotflash otherwise I'd have been in the poo.

I would have loved to have seen your face when the power went out :D

Glad you got it sorted in the end

Coolasmoo said:
Now im confused because everone at Dfi Street forums say its the other way around.

-1 is optimized for TCCD/TCC5
-2 is optimized for BH-5/UTT
-3 is a general BIOS that should work well for most sticks regardless

And at SysXtreme

6/18-1 General Purpose

6/18-2 UTT/BH

6/18-3 TCCD

Can anybody actually confirm this, and why dont Dfi actually confirm this themselves :confused:

Eeeee, so what's the definitive answer?

Corsair 2GB XMS 3200C2PT kits, I have no idea whether they are BH5, TCCD or whatever. Which version?

Back
Top Bottom