Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Actually it's at stock at the moment :D. BH5 is now in the place of TCCD and I'm waiting for the cold boot/dead RAM issue to be resolved before putting my RAM on the 5V jumper so I can run 250mhz 1.5-2-2-5 1T. Before I was shoving 1.60V through it cos I'm on water and quite frankly couldn't be a**** to find the lowest voltage.

did you get it hand picked? i can only get 2700 with 1.55, i've tried up to 1.6 volts but she doesn't wanna go any higher, and don't really want to put any more through her on air, even if i have got an XP90c...

BS Dave said:
did you get it hand picked? i can only get 2700 with 1.55, i've tried up to 1.6 volts but she doesn't wanna go any higher, and don't really want to put any more through her on air, even if i have got an XP90c...
Nope. Sounds to me like a pap memory controller. It's plain unlucky tbh. But think about it this way, 2700mhz = 100mhz less than an FX-57 for £500 less. Or perhaps 100mhz faster than an FX-55 for £300 less. :) Different BIOS's make a big difference though. I've had first hand experience of 10x multi working with one BIOS where 11x wouldn't only to find after a BIOS update the 11x would be the only working one and the 10x failed prime miserably. Oh well.

BS Dave said:

Some are better than others, I have a 4000 Sandy, it does next to nothing on std volts but @1.44v I can get 11x250, the 12x muti is no good I can't even get 20mhz even at 1.6v
Also mine will only do 260x11 max @1.6v, seems the luck of the draw most 3700's are way better than mine but now I've got used to it, I try not to look at other peoples too much as it becomes painfull, the times I say I wish, typically some months back I bought a 3500 winny when they were over £200 yet I had a 3000 already in my pc that did 2.7ghz all day long, the 3500 could only manage 2.5ghz and a bit. That one was sold at a £60 loss I had only used it for 1/2 an hour to find it was rubbish.

Can't afford to sell this Sandy 4000 I darn't think how little that will be worth.

bios settings for below pc

- AMD Athlon 64 4000 San Diego (Socket 939) Dual DDR400 CPU
- AMD Approved Cooler
- DFI LanParty Ultra-D nForce4 Ultra Dual Channel PCI-Express Motherboard
- Crucial 1GB (2x512MB) DDR BALLISTIX PC4000 CAS2.0 Dual Channel Kit
- 300GB Maxtor DiamondMax Plus10 16mb cache SATA 150 Hard Drive
- PowerColor ATI Radeon X850 XT PE Platinum 256MB DDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card
- Pioneer DVR-109XLS 16 x 16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter
- Creative Sound Blaster Audigy ZS 7.1 Sound Card
- Silver floppy drive
- Coolermaster Silver WaveMaster Case
- Enermax 600W ATX2.0 SLi Compliant Power Supply
- Metal Braided Rounded Floppy Cable (0.5m)
- Metal Braided Rounded Ultra ATA100/66 IDE Cable (0.45m)
- Metal Braided SATA Cable

There are plenty on here with that mobo that can help you out if thats it.

i brought the above pc from overclockers uk. Is there any one out there who has brought the same or who could help me reset my bios. my son passworded it and i had to pull the battery to get in to it. i have tried to reset it my self but I am a novice when it comes to this, and can not get anywhere the power or stability i had.

skybluehuw said:
- AMD Athlon 64 4000 San Diego (Socket 939) Dual DDR400 CPU
- AMD Approved Cooler
- DFI LanParty Ultra-D nForce4 Ultra Dual Channel PCI-Express Motherboard
- Crucial 1GB (2x512MB) DDR BALLISTIX PC4000 CAS2.0 Dual Channel Kit
- 300GB Maxtor DiamondMax Plus10 16mb cache SATA 150 Hard Drive
- PowerColor ATI Radeon X850 XT PE Platinum 256MB DDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card
- Pioneer DVR-109XLS 16 x 16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter
- Creative Sound Blaster Audigy ZS 7.1 Sound Card
- Silver floppy drive
- Coolermaster Silver WaveMaster Case
- Enermax 600W ATX2.0 SLi Compliant Power Supply
- Metal Braided Rounded Floppy Cable (0.5m)
- Metal Braided Rounded Ultra ATA100/66 IDE Cable (0.45m)
- Metal Braided SATA Cable

There are plenty on here with that mobo that can help you out if thats it.

i brought the above pc from overclockers uk. Is there any one out there who has brought the same or who could help me reset my bios. my son passworded it and i had to pull the battery to get in to it. i have tried to reset it my self but I am a novice when it comes to this, and can not get anywhere the power or stability i had.

Hi this link should maybe sort you out http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57317

I would suggest you try those to begin then if it's no go then reduce the FSB in steps of 10 starting from 250, that then should give you a good point from which to fine tune it.

smids said:
-1. I'm pretty certain Oskar Wu said -1 for general, -2 for BH-5, -3 for TCCD. He writes the thing so I just follow that.
Agreed - way Ive always followed it...

Its mainly most people have misinterpreted the memory tables

-3 has always used the 3.10 RAM table which prompts for RAM to be in the orange slots for performance/dual channel which is known to be best for TCCD chips...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Hi all , just tried the -3 with tccd ram and it wasnt very good for me not with my ram so i am back on -1 , i am doing 250 times 11 which isnt great but the ram isnt that great either (timings 3-4-3-7)

iklebrit said:
anyone know y my pwmic temp is 10C above every other temperature?
where abouts is it? anyone know? need some info on it, mine went upto 62C when i put more volts through the cpu and ran it at 100% load.

dont worry its good for 100+C.
but a fan blowing onto the Mosfet ICs between the DIMM and Chipset with the aluminium heatsinks isnt a bad idea.

monkeygabriel said:
well tried the 618-2 with my vx.carp! with the hellfire modded 510-2 can get 260MHz 1.5-2-2-5 at 3.4V, with this new bios can only get 246MHz @ same volts/settings.
no thanks.
Oskar did say that the new BIOS's are very different for the RAM. We have to relearn all the RAM settings as they will not work at the same settings.

Concorde Rules said:
Up at 251x11 :p, anyone turned of Errata Enhancement yet? Can I or will it mess it up like it did with a Winnie?

Concorde
Hi Concorde i have errata enhanchement turned off , what is it anyway??
It has been disabled in every bios ive tried

Back
Top Bottom