Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

andyr said:
Hi Concorde i have errata enhanchement turned off , what is it anyway??
It has been disabled in every bios ive tried

Well it has "Enhancement" in the name so it must do something ;)

Has anyone enabled it and if so what were the results?

Concorde

Just got my system set up...

3700SD
Ultra D (618-3)
x800xt
1 gig gskill 4800la
Cooled by..
XSPC 120.3 with 3 nmb 38mm's @ 7v
HDPE res
AQ50z @ 13.8v
Silver TDX
Fusion HL
Housed in a modded Dell server case

So far so good, although I did faff about for 3 hours trying to get my network back up...before I remembered something about 'pinstrap' and found the bios setting for it! :rolleyes:

All at stock at the moment, while I get it settled in. (it and myself tbh!)
Scores...

3d2001 = 24551
3d2003 = 11983
3d2005 = 5832

look to be about right using cat 5.6's.

No issues so far although I'm wondering how good the temp sensors are? MBM is giving me a high of 33 and a low of 22 on the CPU and I presume the NF4 reading is the chipset, which gives me 38 - 41. Just seems a bit weird having the chipset so far above the CPU, to me anyway!

Aruffell said:
I believe that errata enhancement is there to stop the system from hanging/freezing/bsod'ing etc...

Basically erratic behavior hence the name :)

Hope this has cleared it up and helped you guys :)

So turning it off is good/bad lol, yours and the post under it confused me :(

Concorde

Broken Hope said:
Actually enabled should fix the bug that I posted in the link above. Disabled would mean that you could end up with lock ups due to the above bug.

I do have lockups with the 10 multi :eek:

If I lock up again I will try it enabled, thanks!

Concorde

When theres power to the mobo - is there any obvious visual indication on the mobo (diagnostic leds or something?) before the system is booted?

Reason I ask is that my system is now dead due to no reason and just wanted to now if I can isolate the PSU (pretty sure this is the issue)...

Cheers

ps3ud0 :cool:

ps3ud0 said:
When theres power to the mobo - is there any obvious visual indication on the mobo (diagnostic leds or something?) before the system is booted?

Reason I ask is that my system is now dead due to no reason and just wanted to now if I can isolate the PSU (pretty sure this is the issue)...

Cheers

Hi mate, if you completely disconnect your psu from everything in your pc then get a paperclip put it in the green wire and the otherend into any black then your psu will power up if it is OK, you could plug a fan or a light into it or use a multimeter, do not do this when connected to the motherboard so it eliminates the motherboard from the equation, also if the psu has gone faulty it could damage your motherboard. Don't worry about the voltage giving you a shock the max from that side of the psu is 12v.

That should help. ;)

Cheers guys - pretty sure its my PSU (OCZ PowerStream 520W) as I didnt see any mobo leds on when I had a quick look. Ill try and jumper the PSU then - kinandsally, no offence, you 100% on those details? (I presume you mean mobo power connector) Just wanna make sure before I start prodding...

Cheers

ps3ud0 said:
Cheers guys - pretty sure its my PSU (OCZ PowerStream 520W) as I didnt see any mobo leds on when I had a quick look. Ill try and jumper the PSU then - kinandsally, no offence, you 100% on those details? (I presume you mean mobo power connector) Just wanna make sure before I start prodding...

Cheers

Hi yes the green wire in the block of 20-24 that connects to the motherboard, just make sure all the other connections are off you mtherboard hard drives and cd drives, leave a fan plugged in. then if it has gone badly wrong it cannot wreck anything.

Just tried it - slightly dissapointed nothing went fizzle/bang for some reason - made sure PSU connected as advised but once power was applied (via surge protector) nothing happened at all (no smell)...

As it was an OCZ PS 520W I knew the PSU fan had a green LED, but no movement or light, double checked by connecting a normal 120mm fan, but nothing...

RMAing in the morning as it cant be a mobo issue (well it could be gone aswell, including the RAM. CPU and GPU :rolleyes: - but not got a good enough PSU to test it really and can wait a few days). If anything else goes OCZ are gonna get some lovely emails...

Ill start a new thread rather than contiminating this thread any further - cheers for the help...

Still in the strange 'oh well not the end of the world' mood - quite happy/relaxed actually...

Back
Top Bottom