Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

I just got this board, gunna install it soon. Got a few questions...
First of all whats the best BIOS release for it so for?

What SATA connectors are controlled by the nForce4 chipset? and are they the best to connect my harddrives to?

and i have 2gb Geil value RAM (2x1gb) will i have any problems with it?

kimandsally said:
Sorry so many *** I don't get what your saying.

Is it good or bad? Please explain as I've been following your posts and thought it was going well.

It was going fine up to 252x11, 253 locked in BF2, 254x11 locked in windows. SO my latest max stable... well non locking speed is 252x11 :mad:

Concorde :mad:

Hi installed the right bios for tccd ram and so far all is well at 280 * 10 with mem at 1:1 , the bios i got installed is 6.23-3 , so you lot were right all along

MR.B said:
I just got this board, gunna install it soon. Got a few questions...
First of all whats the best BIOS release for it so for?

What SATA connectors are controlled by the nForce4 chipset? and are they the best to connect my harddrives to?

I use 510-2.

Also the nForce SATA ports are the ones next to the yellow floppy connector.

Given it .050V more that it does at 252x11 and now OCCT passed again (did with 1.475V).

280x10_1.gif

280x10_2.gif

280x10_8.gif

http://www.thunder-keep.co.uk/site/hosted/sandeigo/occt/280x10_4.gif
http://www.thunder-keep.co.uk/site/hosted/sandeigo/occt/280x10_5.gif
http://www.thunder-keep.co.uk/site/hosted/sandeigo/occt/280x10_6.gif

Will it lock, I dont know. 414-3 BIOS now. Locked with 1.45V :(

Concorde

Last edited:
Concorde Rules said:
It was going fine up to 252x11, 253 locked in BF2, 254x11 locked in windows. SO my latest max stable... well non locking speed is 252x11 :mad:

is that with the latest BIOS?i still find 510-2 to be best for me for SD and my VX.
does the errat make any difference at all?

Cheers for the help before.

More questions..

Are the two RAM slots right above the CPU socket the ones i should put my 2 sticks of RAM in for daul channel?.

Also whats all these jumpers about... USB power select, Speaker on/off, PS2 power select?
do i have to bother with them?? i'm guessing no...

Last edited:
monkeygabriel said:
is that with the latest BIOS?i still find 510-2 to be best for me for SD and my VX.
does the errat make any difference at all?

Ive had 510-1, 510-3, 623-3 and now im back at 414-3, errata has made no diff.

Well @ 255x11 and its hasnt crashed yet :rolleyes: :p

Concorde

MR.B said:
Cheers for the help before.

More questions..

Are the two RAM slots right above the CPU socket the ones i should put my 2 sticks of RAM in for daul channel?.

Also whats all these jumpers about... USB power select, Speaker on/off, PS2 power select?
do i have to bother with them?? i'm guessing no...

Can depend which BIOS your using. However the usual slots to use are the 2 orange slots for stable dual channel while overclocking.

You don't need to mess with the USB power select or PS2 power select jumpers unless you intend to wake your PC out of hibernation by pressing the mouse button or key on the keyboard.

Speaker on/off. Move this jumper to the appropriate postition if you want the internal speaker on the mobo to give you bleep codes during POST.

Hope that helps ;)

YooEntSinMeROYT said:
Can depend which BIOS your using. However the usual slots to use are the 2 orange slots for stable dual channel while overclocking.

You don't need to mess with the USB power select or PS2 power select jumpers unless you intend to wake your PC out of hibernation by pressing the mouse button or key on the keyboard.

Speaker on/off. Move this jumper to the appropriate postition if you want the internal speaker on the mobo to give you bleep codes during POST.

Hope that helps ;)

Thanks! :D

Last question this time... do i connect my optical drives to IDE 1 or IDE 2 on the board? and with the rounded IDE cables that come with the board, they both have blue and black connectors, whats primary and secoundry? or dont it matter?

DFI LP SLI DR won't post

Hi,

I changed my motherboard from the A8N SLI D to the LP SLI DR.

I was a simple swap nothing major.

Plugged everything in, checked and rechecked.

And it the power, but nothing on the screen. (I have not forgotten thr little 4 pin connector)

I checked the DVD drives and they don't appear to have power (The lights don't come on and the drives wont open). Neither does the FDD.

The Hard drive does make noises, so I assume its reading something (therefore its got power).

The 2 orange lights (one for standby 1 for ddr power are on)

I have 4 of the diagnostic leds light up.

all fans, CPU and case spin.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Spec in sig

Concorde Rules said:

That's still very good is it a 3700? I have a 4000 that will only do 250x11 even then the voltage has to be increased by .5v in BIOS actually registers 1.43 in smart gaurdian.

Some are obviously much better than others, then of course one persons stable is not the same as anothers, I still think you have a great cpu there.

wow this is one uber thread. I've built my new system on an Ultra-D is there a faq or something I could read to give me a summary of what I need to know? Not sure if I can face all 84 pages!

bad_monkey said:
I probably should have checked this before i brought my new graphics card but can any one see me having any trouble fitting a BFG 7800GTX on an Ultra-D?
Youll be fine - only MSI boards have issues with the 7800GTX where a capacitor is in the way - MSI are having to revise the board just to let it fit - DOH?!? :p

ps3ud0 :cool:

kimandsally said:
That's still very good is it a 3700? I have a 4000 that will only do 250x11 even then the voltage has to be increased by .5v in BIOS actually registers 1.43 in smart gaurdian.

Some are obviously much better than others, then of course one persons stable is not the same as anothers, I still think you have a great cpu there.

Can the CPU really need a full 0.050V more to add just 33mhz to the speed?

255x11 is stable now with 1.55V BIOS, but I keep getting nv4_disp.dll BSODS GOD DAM nVidia drivers!

Concorde

Back
Top Bottom