Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Concorde....you're at the top end of the overclock, 255x11 = 2805 is pretty damn good I'd say. At some point in overclocking you hit the law of diminishing returns. In order to make the chip go faster you have to pump a disproportionate amount of volts in. Thems the rules I'm afraid.
My sd3700 takes 1.6v to hit 2750, thats just the way it is!

Why don't you lower the multi and up the FSB...280 x 10 :)

TbirdX said:
Concorde....you're at the top end of the overclock, 255x11 = 2805 is pretty damn good I'd say. At some point in overclocking you hit the law of diminishing returns. In order to make the chip go faster you have to pump a disproportionate amount of volts in. Thems the rules I'm afraid.
My sd3700 takes 1.6v to hit 2750, thats just the way it is!

Why don't you lower the multi and up the FSB...280 x 10 :)

Doing better than that ;) 290x10 with 1.275x126% about 1.53-1.56V in windows.

OCCTing :D

Concorde

Well, OCCT passed, but as I just as I took a screenshot.. it locked.

ATi's board has apparently is being shipped to distri's from what I read on XS, so whos gonna get one *Waves both hands in air madly*

Concorde

kimandsally said:
That's still very good is it a 3700? I have a 4000 that will only do 250x11 even then the voltage has to be increased by .5v in BIOS actually registers 1.43 in smart gaurdian.

Some are obviously much better than others, then of course one persons stable is not the same as anothers, I still think you have a great cpu there.
hi kimandsally just noticed your post and i got the 4000 sd too with the same 250x11 stable , just wondered what cooler you are using and bios and ram for that matter

Is anybody having any problems with Java Runtime Engine on this motherboard, everytime i do anything with JRE or it is utilised the computer is reset immediately without fail someone must have encountered this problem?

has anyone got any links to these -2 bioses, ive done a quick google on it but found little.
Once ive got the bios downloaded what do i do with it, im in a bit of a rush and should really have read the full thread.
Ive gathered you need to put it on a floppy, do you have to put it on a floppy will a cd do? and when ive got it on a medium what button do i press and when?

toonboy616 said:
Is anybody having any problems with Java Runtime Engine on this motherboard, everytime i do anything with JRE or it is utilised the computer is reset immediately without fail someone must have encountered this problem?
I did have FF closing until I installed Sun's Java VM properly and now its fine - I presume youve tried to uninstall/reinstall - perhaps you could try M$ :rolleyes: VM for the meantime...

mattbrown91 said:
has anyone got any links to these -2 bioses, ive done a quick google on it but found little.
Once ive got the bios downloaded what do i do with it, im in a bit of a rush and should really have read the full thread.
Ive gathered you need to put it on a floppy, do you have to put it on a floppy will a cd do? and when ive got it on a medium what button do i press and when?

http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/other/114
http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/mb_faq_us1.jsp?FAQ_ID=3042&PAGE_TYPE=US&SITE=US

There is a boot cd with all the latest DFI bioses, but my new PC dead so I cant get you the link - soz...

Definitely read at least the first few pages of this thread, just in case and take your time - a RMA takes quite long ;)...

HTH

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Nitesh9999 said:
Hi,

I changed my motherboard from the A8N SLI D to the LP SLI DR.

I was a simple swap nothing major.

Plugged everything in, checked and rechecked.

And it the power, but nothing on the screen. (I have not forgotten thr little 4 pin connector)

I checked the DVD drives and they don't appear to have power (The lights don't come on and the drives wont open). Neither does the FDD.

The Hard drive does make noises, so I assume its reading something (therefore its got power).

The 2 orange lights (one for standby 1 for ddr power are on)

I have 4 of the diagnostic leds light up.

all fans, CPU and case spin.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Spec in sig

Hi,

I've tried everything they told me t DFI street.

Still I get all 4 diagnostic LED's lit!!

I then plugged everything back into my A8N sli Deluxe and it worked!!

Should I RMA it or am I doing something wrong?

Is my NF4 SLI-DR Dead?

Hiya,

Just trying to get my new system up and running (without success!!) This is my first DFI board and was hoping for something special based on all the reviews i've read, i was also prepared for some teething problems, but not this!

I have a rev. AA0 board, a NeoPower 480 PSU, a 3200+ Venice, 2 x 1GB packs of Corsair XMS4400 and a Asus 6600GT.

I have plugged in all four fower connectors - 24 pin, 4 pin, molex, FDD.

I have only the cpu and cooler, grfx card and mem in the system.

I have tried one at a time of each of the four xms4400 sticks in Dimm1 then Dimm2.

I have also tried one at a time each of a pair of corsair value 3200 sicks in Dimm1 and Dimm2.

The Dimm power LED and stand by poer LED are both lit, but, when i press the power button or short the power switch pins, the four diagnostic LED's flash red, once, then nothing...absolutely nothing. The Dimm and stand by power LED's stay on but no fans, no beeps....and the diagnostic LED's stay off, wether i press the switch again or not....no more action until i turn off the power to the board then it will just do the same again!

Is it time to RMA the board or am i missing something? I did a lot of research before buying and during this problem...i have tried everyting ive read!

Please Help....or do i need to go back to Asus!

Thanks in Advance,

PoDd :)

Hi , its strange but i remember when i first powered my board up it didnt look very promising either and i thought i was in for a nightmare , but i remember pressing the two reset switches and reseting the cmos and it came up and has never acted like that since i cant say what cleared it just a lot of pressing of the two switches in various sequences , sorry i cant be more specific

Thanks for that, no joy tho :( I have just noticed that there are only wires in 23 of the 24 pins of the socket of my antec neopower PSU. Does anyone have one? and should there be wires in all 24 of pins?

PoDd :)

Hi guys,

I've put my graphics card in the 2nd pcie slot. Its a x850 XT PE, will that make any difference at all or should i put it in the 1st pcie slot?

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom