Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Not a decent one - it would be maximising the PCI bus so anything on there would be constricted - PCIe SATA RAID cards are appearing - that would be a much better solution...

ps3ud0 :cool:

I wouldnt have your multi-array setup just using mobo or PCI RAID - as more than likely youll be saturating the PCI bus (IIRC SI controller uses the PCI bus, unsure about the nVidia controller) and so PCI sound cards would suffer and so affect your video enjoyment.

I would have thought a non-CPU PCIe RAID controllers would be under £100 and even though it would use a small percentage of your CPU the additional bandwidth of the PCIe bus would be more than plenty and release your PCI bus for your legacy PCI cards...

I would probably get a Raptor as a boot device and setup 2x250GB RAID-0 array for now on the nVidia controller - once PCIe RAID cards come out I would just get one of those and setup another array on that aswell - you wouldnt need to break your original array if necessary, but I guess you would lose some bandwidth tho I doubt it would be perceptual...

Last edited:
kimandsally said:
No idea, it could either be 1/ I am wrong or 2/ it might have just failed, it's just something that is looking the same as one I had.

Going to try and put all power connectors in when I get home.

Any other ideas?

I've looked everywhere for info about this but cant find any on this.

I know that the SI SATA Raid on the SLI-DR will be PCI bus locked, however whats the situation with the NF4 SATA, are they locked/two ports only locked?

Any info appreciated.

NCC said:
Does all 4 cables have to be plugged in?

Before you go any further spend some time reading through this thread it will almost certainly save you a lot of hassle as pretty much everything has been asked and answered, I did when I bought mine I never took it out of the box until I had read the whole thread then I've had very little problems, your bound to learn something and for sure it will show you how to get a very fast and stable pc.

Good luck and have fun.

ps3ud0 said:
I wouldnt have your multi-array setup just using mobo or PCI RAID - as more than likely youll be saturating the PCI bus (IIRC SI controller uses the PCI bus, unsure about the nVidia controller) and so PCI sound cards would suffer and so affect your video enjoyment.

I would have thought a non-CPU PCIe RAID controllers would be under £100 and even though it would use a small percentage of your CPU the additional bandwidth of the PCIe bus would be more than plenty and release your PCI bus for your legacy PCI cards...

I would probably get a Raptor as a boot device and setup 2x250GB RAID-0 array for now on the nVidia controller - once PCIe RAID cards come out I would just get one of those and setup another array on that aswell - you wouldnt need to break your original array if necessary, but I guess you would lose some bandwidth tho I doubt it would be perceptual...

:D i probably will do that (pci-e cards now are :eek: £ wise)
except i'll have 3 300gig drives in there i think :)

will leave it a few months then to add a controller card. i may test some of my other sata drives (in current pc) on the SI ports and see if they do have probs just to test them

Finally got this mobo Stress Prime stable with my SD3700@3079mhz.

Here's a Pic:

A64at3079PrimeStable.jpg

Ran Stress Prime only testing my RAM for 24 hours stable before this & ran it only testing my CPU for 16 hours Stable before that.

Will push for 3.2ghz next.

However I'm taking a break for some well-earned gaming at the moment. ;)

kimandsally said:
Before you go any further spend some time reading through this thread it will almost certainly save you a lot of hassle as pretty much everything has been asked and answered, I did when I bought mine I never took it out of the box until I had read the whole thread then I've had very little problems, your bound to learn something and for sure it will show you how to get a very fast and stable pc.

Good luck and have fun.

Still the same problem even with the 4 cables plugged in.

smids said:
I could have helped you out NCC as my computer is out of action until Monday and I have 2 PSU's but I'm not sure how the tube is running :(

Here's the info that Transport for London sent me yesterday via e-mail:

I am writing to let you know that Tube services are now running on most lines, although you may experience some delays.

Due to the nature of the incidents, the following lines are still affected:

Piccadilly line: No service between Hyde Park Corner and Arnos Grove, or Uxbridge and Rayners Lane.

Special bus services will operate from today, until further notice, between Arnos Grove and Finchley Central. And from tomorrow, until further notice, from Bounds Green, Wood Green, Turnpike Lane to Seven Sisters station. We will also increase the frequency of the 91 bus between the Nag's Head in Holloway and Euston.

Circle and Hammersmith & City line: No service.

Metropolitan line: No service between Baker Street and Aldgate. From tomorrow the Metropolitan line will run through to Moorgate.

District line: No service between High Street Kensington and Edgware Road.

King's Cross St Pancras station is also closed.

During this time we appreciate your patience and vigilance. Please be aware that we are working to restore suspended services to full, safe operation as quickly as possible.

don't know if that helps smids.

Back
Top Bottom