Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Jesus that red text burnt my eyes

So is 623-X still considered the best since it was basically a fixed version of their last official BIOS and so pretty safe?

ps3ud0 :cool:

ps3ud0 said:
Jesus that red text burnt my eyes

So is 623-X still considered the best since it was basically a fixed version of their last official BIOS and so pretty safe?

Yup, Stick with the 623's. Sorry about the Red text, I needed it to be read and seen by many :)

andyr said:
Thanks smids , i only use the max of 1.55v without the % increase luckily so i should be ok , but thanks for the info

Does the likes of MBM5 or any other sort of voltage monitoring tool track the voltage correctly to your voltage set in the BIOS, without the % increase then andyr?

As I've heard that running voltages without the % increase can cause the voltage not to increase properly when you up it.

Just curious really.

Cheers

YooEntSinMeROYT said:
Does the likes of MBM5 or any other sort of voltage monitoring tool track the voltage correctly to your voltage set in the BIOS, without the % increase then andyr?

As I've heard that running voltages without the % increase can cause the voltage not to increase properly when you up it.

Just curious really.

Cheers

iirc with winnie and venice that was the case that you couldnt get above 1.45V no matter how high you set vcore without using +% but with sd setting BIOS to 1.575 gives actual 1.55V so close enough.

cpu volts is set at 1.55 with zero % increase is recording ar 1.52 , so its not so far away . The cpu temp i have always had a few doubts about it never gets to 40 degrees in any monitoring that i have used even when i was on the stock cpu cooler

andyr said:
cpu volts is set at 1.55 with zero % increase is recording ar 1.52 , so its not so far away . The cpu temp i have always had a few doubts about it never gets to 40 degrees in any monitoring that i have used even when i was on the stock cpu cooler

I haven't time just yet to find where it is on this thread but a few pages back there is a picture showing where to take voltage readings from the motherboard, a few of us did this and we all found the BIOS and CPUZ report voltages LOWER than what the CPU is getting, this caused Jimbo Mahoney to burn out a superb clocking Venice.

BTW - Oscar posted there is a bug with some of the VID*x% settings that cause the bios to cook cpus. I remember reading about this over at xs.

kimandsally said:
I haven't time just yet to find where it is on this thread but a few pages back there is a picture showing where to take voltage readings from the motherboard, a few of us did this and we all found the BIOS and CPUZ report voltages LOWER than what the CPU is getting, this caused Jimbo Mahoney to burn out a superb clocking Venice.

Yup, just to reiterate.

Pic again:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/james.waynewright/vcorepoint3nw.jpg

I find the actual Vcore is 0.02v higher than whatever you have it set to in BIOS, and very stable. I measured it @ 0.03v above BIOS when idle.

Software reports average about 0.05v LOW, sometimes reporting almost 0.1v LOW :eek:

<curses death of 2.9 Ghz Venice and current mediochre 2.5Ghz venice> :D

yea sorry, the thread moves a bit fast for me lol, emails the best way :).

i tried the 510-2 an 414-2 and 310 series

i think the one im on now may be the best but i havent tried my current chip under the 414. This seems the most stable, 334x9 atm stable.

not really noticed anything different between all of them though, I think mainly they are for ram stability, and i have come to the same conclusion as you, my ram now stays around 200-230 on tight timings so i dont think i'd notice the little diffferences in the bios' as im never maxxing out my ram!

im sticking with this bios for the time being, woring on my video card now, i dont think my cpu has much more in it really, im gonna reseat the vapo head and try to get 3.2ghz but i cant see it happening. i dont wanna up the voltage much more really even though i could use a lot higher with the temps i have i see now point just for 200mhz more :)

Jimbo Mahoney said:
Yup, just to reiterate.

Pic again:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/james.waynewright/vcorepoint3nw.jpg

I find the actual Vcore is 0.02v higher than whatever you have it set to in BIOS, and very stable. I measured it @ 0.03v above BIOS when idle.

Software reports average about 0.05v LOW, sometimes reporting almost 0.1v LOW :eek:

<curses death of 2.9 Ghz Venice and current mediochre 2.5Ghz venice> :D

So is that any one of the lower 3 points to measure the vcore + then and i take it the stud or washer can be used for ground ??
and sorry to here about the Venice you must feel gutted

Last edited:
Realy thick question - Installed MBM5, downloaded the .ini as per the sticky - put it in the 'data' directory (overwrote the old one) - Still no option for DFI NF4 SLI-D (mine) - in fact, nothing even remotely NF4ish - which one should I use?

Kudos tomos, if I hadnt been reading this from the start the 90 pages would scare the bejesus out of me - might wanna do a synopsis post for others not as inclined if you like - sure we could get a mod to add it to the first post if required...

Unsure what happened to Ricco Im afraid - tis a shame...

Back
Top Bottom