Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

smids said:
I could have helped you out NCC as my computer is out of action until Monday and I have 2 PSU's but I'm not sure how the tube is running :(

Where exactly are you? I might be able to get a lift. Although am not sure if my dad is available tho.

Hey NCC sorry about that. Don't have access to my email regularly (as I said my computer is down [no processor]) and I've just been out all day playing footie in this lovely heat. Sorry again. I do hope you can get it fixed. The only time I'm no free is next weekend so that's a bit of a bummer. (Managed to land me a summer job :))

It's OK mate. At least I've narrowed it down to the PSU. I'll find out when the new one comes hopefully tomorrow.

:)

Which is the BIOS of choice now then?

I wish they would release a new official BIOS rather than the never ending stream of betas, you never know if it's going to be a dodgy one or not.

wush said:
Which is the BIOS of choice now then?

I wish they would release a new official BIOS rather than the never ending stream of betas, you never know if it's going to be a dodgy one or not.

Your better to keep with your current BIOS unless you have a problem which the new BIOS might address. If it borks up like about 1//1000 do then it's more hassle than what it's worth.

If there's better performance, stability or overclocking ability on offer then you might as well take it. There's not been an updated official one for quite some time.

I was all set to update to the 704 BIOS a few days ago until I find it's been withdrawn due to potentially fatal issues. They should focus on testing them more thoroughly rather than churning a new one out every week. That official one withdrawn a while back didn't even work with USB Mice or Keyboards. :o

wush said:
If there's better performance, stability or overclocking ability on offer then you might as well take it. There's not been an updated official one for quite some time.

I was all set to update to the 704 BIOS a few days ago until I find it's been withdrawn due to potentially fatal issues. They should focus on testing them more thoroughly rather than churning a new one out every week. That official one withdrawn a while back didn't even work with USB Mice or Keyboards. :o

Asolutely agree, I have changed BIOS so many times and then had to change back, but the beta's are only test anyway so anyone who tries one should always bear that in mind, but yes I think they do send out official ones before they are fully 100% which has to be not good.

When I came home today, I noticed that my pc had locked up. I tried to restart and got error beeps. So I cleared the cmos and tried to reboot but the led indicator on the mobo stops with the far left led on. I have had a flick through the manual and I think that means there is a problem with one of my graphic cards? Is this right?

I flashed to the 618-3 when I first got mine and have run it ever since...no problems, no crashes, no issues at all here! :)

3700Sd
1 Gig Gskill 4800
X800XT

snow patrol said:
hmm, im on the 04/07 one, and it seems fine. What's this about fatal issues? Should i roll back to another one??
yeh just seen your post and noticed that 704 has gone from the site , i am on it too , is it dangerous :eek:

andyr said:
yeh just seen your post and noticed that 704 has gone from the site , i am on it too , is it dangerous :eek:
WARNING TO THOSE ON THE 704-X BIOS'S, Oskar has made an error in writing the 704-x BIOS's. Do NOT use the CPU VID percentages 123%, 126%, 13x%. Basically anything over 123% should NOT be used. This is because they cause erratic VCore which has so far killed an excellent clocking Venice and an FX55. It has been removed from most places now and Oskar has asked that the word be spread. There is an official thread made by oksar over at DFI Street here.

Back
Top Bottom