Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

high guys . im new to this overclocking so bare with me please .i have got a ultra d board , my question is in smart guardian and smart speed it reports my dram voltage as 3.18 v and in bios 2.60 v i am using 3.10 bios . i know i should believe the bios but im sure it never did this before i had a go at overclocking

Quick question for the BIOS guys, which BIOS should i update to for the running of 2x1GB sticks of Ballistix PC4000 RAM?

Not sure which im on at the moment, though i did update couple of weeks ago, just getting new RAM now.

nugzo on xtremesystems found he hit his best timings (275mhz 3-3-3-8 @ 2.8v iirc) on 7/04-3 though that one has the vcore bug in it atm..

i personally am gonna try 6/23-3 (the latest official bios) on my ultra-d, 2x1gb pc4000 ballistix, x2 4400 rig until a new one is released without that particular bug.. dont really fancy killing my brand new 4400+ :)

Hi Guys,

I have just bought some more memory so 'hopefully' I will be running 2gig in total (4x512). Im running the lastest final bios 6/15 and everything is set to load optimised settings, apart from I set the memory to 2T (which I think I need). I can get my pc working fine with 2 sticks of ram, but if I try putting in another stick or more my pc will refuse to start giving a beep, beep, beep, beep, etc. I have tested each stick individually and each stick of ram work fine. Any ideas on what I have to do to get it going with 4 sticks?

Please help!

:confused:

Last edited:
slap ed said:
high guys . im new to this overclocking so bare with me please .i have got a ultra d board , my question is in smart guardian and smart speed it reports my dram voltage as 3.18 v and in bios 2.60 v i am using 3.10 bios . i know i should believe the bios but im sure it never did this before i had a go at overclocking
Are you absolutely 100% sure you set it right in BIOS? Have you set the 4V jumper on 2-3? If so, the lowest Vdimm is 3.2v I believe. Check these first because if it's set in BIOS, then Smartguardian will get it right.

Scoobie Dave said:
Hi Guys,

I have just bought some more memory so 'hopefully' I will be running 2gig in total (4x512). Im running the lastest final bios 6/15 and everything is set to load optimised settings, apart from I set the memory to 2T (which I think I need). I can get my pc working fine with 2 sticks of ram, but if I try putting in another stick or more my pc will refuse to start giving a beep, beep, beep, beep, etc. I have tested each stick individually and each stick of ram work fine. Any ideas on what I have to do to get it going with 4 sticks?

Please help!

:confused:

Is your psu up to it?

Now have read alllllllllllll of this thread and links to other sites so thanks to all for mucho info.

Still stuck :(

I also have the 2gig ballistix 4000 and I cant get the gits at 250 let alone anything else.

Passes loops of memtest fine but prime95 bombs out instantly and games die pretty quickly.

bios 623-3 AMD fx57 @3gig (tried stock makes no difference and works fine at 200fsb) Mem in orange slots @ 2.71vs measured in bios) htt/nf4 1.3v/1.6v

600w enermax noisetaker should be man enough but 12v line is 11.78v

Comand T1
tcl 3
trcd 4
tras 10
trp 4
trc 7
trfc auto
rrd 02
twr 02
twtr 02
trwt 03
tref 2064
twcl auto
Interleave enabled

Any sugestions would be fantastic as currently mem is a bit of a waste of dosh (killed 2gig corsair in mobo death so went for something "better")

Last edited:
Steve said:
Now have read alllllllllllll of this thread and links to other sites so thanks to all for mucho info.

Still stuck :(

I also have the 2gig ballistix 4000 and I cant get the gits at 250 let alone anything else.

Passes loops of memtest fine but prime95 bombs out instantly and games die pretty quickly.

bios 623-3 AMD fx57 @3gig (tried stock makes no difference and works fine at 200fsb) Mem in orange slots @ 2.71vs measured in bios) htt/nf4 1.3v/1.6v

600w enermax noisetaker should be man enough but 12v line is 11.78v

Comand T1
tcl 3
trcd 4
tras 10
trp 4
trc 7
trfc auto
rrd 02
twr 02
twtr 02
trwt 03
tref 2064
twcl auto
Interleave enabled

Any sugestions would be fantastic as currently mem is a bit of a waste of dosh (killed 2gig corsair in mobo death so went for something "better")

Try 2T command and disable Interleave, can't see anything else.

thanks 'for the reply smids .after my stint overclocking i put it back to optimized defaults in bios ,and i did not alter anyjumper settings so i am at a loss .any body else had problems with smart guardian reporting wrong ???

Quick question...

Is the 623-3 bios the latest for this board and does it have any problems? and it supports dualcore right?

Also do you lot know that the new Venice and X2 Athlons unofficially support DDR500? and i read that some mobo makers have BETA bios' that support the feature... do DFI?

Last edited:
MR.B said:
Quick question...

Is the 623-3 bios the latest for this board and does it have any problems? and it supports dualcore right?

Also do you lot know that the new Venice and X2 Athlons unofficially support DDR500? and i read that some mobo makers have BETA bios' that support the feature... do DFI?
Not the lastest but the latest Official. No problems I know. Supports dual core yes.

I think they support DDR500, I just don't know though. I know FX-57's do for sure but not sure about these X2's. Oskar added the new settings in his July BIOS's IIRC but it may be in 623-x so yes DFI have made steps here.

I'm on 623-2 right now and I've got my X2 clocked @ 2.6ghz and I haven't encountered any problems. :)

slap ed said:
thanks 'for the reply smids .after my stint overclocking i put it back to optimized defaults in bios ,and i did not alter anyjumper settings so i am at a loss .any body else had problems with smart guardian reporting wrong ???
You've got me at a loss too there. I'm not sure if any other monitors support Vdimm readings either. My MBM5 doesn't, neither does Everest. Hmmm...

Thanks Smids, your always helpful!

btw whats the difference between the nf4 SLI-DR and the UT nf4 SLI-DR?? there both on the DFI site with the exact same specs it seems...

I think its the bundled parts they both come with - the NF4 SLI-DR is the top end part whereas the UT NF4 SLI-DR is the same but doesnt have FrontX or the front Diagnostic LED connector - it still has the 8 SATA ports tho...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom