Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Hmm this is not good. I just updated the bios so it could utitlise my new dual core x2 and now it just fails to boot. It's not that it's failing to boot, it's just that it's failing to start up.

It does the lanparty splash then goes to the screen when it seems to load all the components, it doesn't and then restarts.

Can this be fixed???

Is MBM5 much better than Speedfan or SmartGuardian? I used to use it ages ago before development was stopped - I know Ill have to start using it once I get my MO LCD sorted - but is it worth a fiddle?

ps3ud0 :cool:

I've noticed that that Nvidia Monitor shows my RAM as 201/402 Mhz and the HTT as 1005MHz. Being the picky person I am, how can I get these to run at the proper base speeds? Everything is set to stock in the BIOS as far as I can see.

Another thing, when viewing CPU-Z, the clock speed of the CPU sometimes fluctuates a bit for a couple of seconds, it's only fractions of a Mhz but it's quite disconcerting. What's up with that?

All K8 Athlon64's I've had all run 10mhz over stock CPU speed and RAM 1mhz over. Nothing you can do about it, it's just the way they default. (I've had 4 and 2 different mobo's so it's common). Just leave it as it is and enjoy your extra speed :)

Urgent Question:

I was having no problems with the original 2005/01/25 BIOS, but thought i would update to the latest official N4D623-3 BIOS. I have the 2 gig corsair XMS3200 kit that was on offer a couple of weeks back. I have set the same timings and voltages in the BIOS as before, but applications are randomly crashing and running the built in memtest86 im gettings thousands of errors? anyone think of anything obvious? they are running at 2,3,3,6 2T interleaving disabled at 2.9V

Should i reflash to the earlier BIOS? should i set the main timings and leave everything else on auto? im in a bit of a mess....surely the latest BIOS should be more reliable/compatible than the earlier one?

n30_mkii said:
Urgent Question:

I was having no problems with the original 2005/01/25 BIOS, but thought i would update to the latest official N4D623-3 BIOS. I have the 2 gig corsair XMS3200 kit that was on offer a couple of weeks back. I have set the same timings and voltages in the BIOS as before, but applications are randomly crashing and running the built in memtest86 im gettings thousands of errors? anyone think of anything obvious? they are running at 2,3,3,6 2T interleaving disabled at 2.9V

Running same memory as you and same bios (Official 623-3)and i can run 2.3.6.3 1T @ 2.8v

Using Orange slots, dram response - fast, idle cycle 256, interleave on

Last edited:
No matter what BIOS, it shouldn't produce thousands of errors. Sounds the memory is dead. Something has killed it along the way. Possible RMA required. Don't quote me on this but no matter which RAM table your BIOS has, it should still run. The different versions increase their compatibility and have settings specifically for the specific RAM but it if is all on auto, then it should run fine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom