Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

MR.B said:
Stupid question...

But how do i flash the bios with this board? i just booted up with the 623 bios on a floppy and it said "please remove disk" or something like that. Isnt it meant to flash it automatically?
Not if it doesn't have an autoexec.bat file which will automatically execute it.

Smids you musta flashed your bios for your dualcore chip.. how did you do it? what do i have to type exactly to do it?

Edit: mine had a .bat file but somehow it wont copy to the floppy :S well if i go to put it on the floppy it says its already there... odd.

Last edited:
mightynimrod said:
I use winflash, it's always flashed my boards with no problems whatsoever
But if you do WinFlash it, make sure your RAM is error free and no other processes are running. Your best bet is to use a bootable CD available from Pershoot at DFI street. Read up on how to do it rather than us telling you because doing something like that really does require your own knowledge rather than second hand knowledge.

MR.B said:
Smids you musta flashed your bios for your dualcore chip.. how did you do it? what do i have to type exactly to do it?
Basically, I have a BootCD which runs up DOS for me. I then have a 40MB FAT Partition on my Hard drive which I can access directly from DOS. This allows me to flash from my Hard drive without risking flashing from floppies or through windows. The other way is to go to DFI street and use Pershoot's BIOS CD.

WinFlash seems a little risky...

On DFI's site it says to type... A:\>[executable] [file name].bin /F
So... A:\>AWDFLASH N4D623-3.bin /F ???

I just noticed the floppy is so old that i'm using it has Windows 3.11 wrote on it lol!

Last edited:
smids said:
Looks about right yes. But I don't trust floppies.

I cant believe computers still have floppy drives, its crazy. There so primitive and rubbish. I was saying the exact same thing about 8 years ago. They REALLY need to use something else, like SD cards, a 16mb one would cost peanuts and still have way more capacity.

Hey guys,

Bit of advice if you could help. Had a NF4 Ultra-D for about a week, finally completed the build on Monday but it wont post at all. Mobo sits with all 4 led's lit.

Tried different ram config's and also tried removing all components bar the CPU & HSF, but the same occurs 4 led's.

Am using an Enermax 600W noisetaker PSU which is also new, so i don't suspect a problem with this, and i also have a new 3700+ san diego which i am assuming does not have aproblem with it.

I am suspecting that the mobo is sh*gged, and am about to RMA. Any ideas on how to get it to post or do you think i am right and it is DOA.

By the way, also tried running out of the case to remove any risks with the case.

My OCZ Powerstream 520W used to power my SLI setup has gone pop after just a few weeks.

I've stuck my PC P&C Turbocooling 510 SLI back in now until I can get another quieter PSU.

Just a warning to those running SLI, use an authorised SLI PSU or something around 600W at least.

Thanks for the responses guys

N30 yes i have connected the 12v power also, with no benefit.

Not sure whether the PSU may be the problem, just have a hunch that i dont think so.

Anyone else got any ideas on this posting problem, did read elsewhere that a number of these boards had also been DOA with problems of posting.

Trying to download anything from Pershoot at DFI street atm, is givin me "Bandwidth Exceeded" errors from his site.

You guys know a mirror (other than indabasement_com)

DarT70 said:
Hey guys,

Bit of advice if you could help. Had a NF4 Ultra-D for about a week, finally completed the build on Monday but it wont post at all. Mobo sits with all 4 led's lit.

Tried different ram config's and also tried removing all components bar the CPU & HSF, but the same occurs 4 led's.

Am using an Enermax 600W noisetaker PSU which is also new, so i don't suspect a problem with this, and i also have a new 3700+ san diego which i am assuming does not have aproblem with it.

I am suspecting that the mobo is sh*gged, and am about to RMA. Any ideas on how to get it to post or do you think i am right and it is DOA.

By the way, also tried running out of the case to remove any risks with the case.

Have you tried to do a full reboot? Clear the CMOS by switching the jumper and take out the battery for 5min or so. Put the jumper and battery back and see if that helps dude. I know it has got me out the **** before. ;)

Back
Top Bottom