Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Am now reinstalling windows.

Wouldn't install on my secondary one, so i've lost everything on my 80gb, no biggy, only emails, bookmarks etc... mainly.

Hopefully this will fix things.

Cheers for your help guys :)

Right after fixing the first short out problem with my DFI mobo I think something really bad has happened. I was getting lock ups so I switched off the PC, opened the case and put in a 20->24 pin converter. PC wouldn't power up. Tried again with the just the 20pin. Still no power up. Only the PSU fan starts whirring. I think I've killed it :(

Any ideas?

Mul

Aruffell said:
Reinstalled windows, and everything seems stable, am just making a partition for all my important stuff so that i dont lose anything ever again lol

Cheers for your help guys :)
I knew it was windows related. I don't know why it wouldn't install on the second HDU though. If you hadn't formatted you might have been able to save stuff with a repair but at least you are up and running again, losing only minor things in the process. :)

Just got home with my new gear..

Dfi D/Sli and a nice shiny X2 +4400 chip.... oh and a leadtek 7800GTX! and a tagan 580W just to be on the safe side.

Ive set up the basics on my bench and have just flashed to latest BIOS and it now runs fine with my 2 sticks of corsair 3200pro(the led flashy stuff). And now see's the cpu correctly.

Its currently running memcheck but so far all seems fine. Ill let you know how it runs once ive built it into a case and beaten windows into working, or reinstalling *sigh*.

I have the Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX running:

I am currently using this memory with the DFI SLI-DR, but am struugling to get it much past 210 at 2.5,3,3,6 1T

What had anyone managed to get theirs at?

Also does pushing extra volts through these help>? Running them at 2.8v at the moment, what are people running them at?

they are rated to 2.9v anyone gone further, please post results here...

I'm currently using v N4D704-2.zip BIOS for the board, is this memory BH5? which BIOS revision should i use?

Any comments appreciated!

n30_mkii said:
I have the Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX running:

I am currently using this memory with the DFI SLI-DR, but am struugling to get it much past 210 at 2.5,3,3,6 1T

What had anyone managed to get theirs at?

Also does pushing extra volts through these help>? Running them at 2.8v at the moment, what are people running them at?

they are rated to 2.9v anyone gone further, please post results here...

I'm currently using v N4D704-2.zip BIOS for the board, is this memory BH5? which BIOS revision should i use?

Any comments appreciated!

use 702-3 for tccd. also mate beware of the BIOS you're using.it was withdrawn by the author Oska Wu as sometimes when using certain Vcore+% it can seriously overvolt.its already killed a couple of good CPUs in this fashion. get rid of it.

Well after a bit of messing about with drivers n stuff its all together and working. Just tried BF2 and it runs amazingly with everything cranked up!.... just getting to work on 3dmark now.

Only quibble i have is that i think my board is a rev A00...... is this bad? so far ive had no problems and its running great with no crashes etc. Should i just see how it goes?

How do i pu more than 2.6v through my memory? I have the G.Skill 1GB DDR ZX PC3200 (2x512MB) CAS2 memory and the DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-D. But the motherboard wont let me put more than the standard 2.6v througth it, as soon as i select it is just goes back to 2.6v!

Im hoping upping the voltage a bit will fix the problems im having with the BSOD my old corsair memory works fine! Any thoughts on what might be wrong?

thanks

I think there are jumpers on the board to allow the option to be used in the bios ( i think ). Ive not needed too so far so i havnt really experimented.

The only problem ive had so far is that my system wont always reboot when i do a restart... i have to hit the reset once to get it to boot sometimes.

Ah this mobo is just a bundle of joy :D

Yesterday, It started up @ 8AM, played BF2 and crunched Folding at Home till about 11PM. I tell it to tart @ 5AM this morning and just before the opening screen... it locked!

It also likes to blue screen whenever I start a temp monitoring program! :mad:

I have the money for a ATi board so.. WHERE IS IT!!! :(

Concorde

Edit:
Ali-Longden said:
How do i pu more than 2.6v through my memory? I have the G.Skill 1GB DDR ZX PC3200 (2x512MB) CAS2 memory and the DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-D. But the motherboard wont let me put more than the standard 2.6v througth it, as soon as i select it is just goes back to 2.6v!

Im hoping upping the voltage a bit will fix the problems im having with the BSOD my old corsair memory works fine! Any thoughts on what might be wrong?

thanks

What BIOS are you using? The early ones had some bugs, you needed to use the 'Page up and down' keys to select a voltage. This is fixed in later BIOS'es

You can select up to 3.2V in BIOS :)

Yes it does - really well as it happens

It can take either an 80mm or 92mm fan

Ive got a YS-Tech 92mm fan on it but its soon to be changed for a Panaflo 92mm

DSCF0009.jpg

Hi All,

I have an Arctic Cooler 5 Rev installed on my X850 XT PE and would like to know if their is any performance loose or issues installing the GFX card in the second PCIe slot so the fan doesn't hit the chipset fan.

Cheers ;)

M8tRiX said:
Hi All,

I have an Arctic Cooler 5 Rev installed on my X850 XT PE and would like to know if their is any performance loose or issues installing the GFX card in the second PCIe slot so the fan doesn't hit the chipset fan.

Cheers ;)

You lose a couple of 3dmarks, that's about it :)

Back
Top Bottom