Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

MR.B said:
I'm just about to put a 4400+ in this mobo, but i just thought... will WinXP pro want to be activated again?
Yeah, windows is picky about it but usually only the mobo change requires a reactivation. However, the other day I had to reactivate after removing a password using the Administrator account in Safe Mode - weird - never had to do that before.

HELP! just tried flashing the bios to 623-3 using a floppy and it seems to have locked up in the middle of flashing!
It's taken 10 mintues already and it dont seem to be doing anything, just on the bios flash screen. happened right after it started copying the new bios.

How else can i flash this board? also what if it dont work after i reset the comp... what do i do?? need help fast on this!

i'm on a laptop now incase ya wondering...

OK, my CPU fan is set to turn on max when cpu temp reaches 25c. I have a freezer 64. When the FAN starts to turn, it turns ever so slightly and makes some weird noises, after it does that 3 to 4 times, it spins up 100% and it stops making that sound. :S

Is there any way of just allowing it to turn on 100% when I switch on the computer rather than waiting for it to reach 25c ?

Many thanks

MR.B said:
HELP! just tried flashing the bios to 623-3 using a floppy and it seems to have locked up in the middle of flashing!
It's taken 10 mintues already and it dont seem to be doing anything, just on the bios flash screen. happened right after it started copying the new bios.

How else can i flash this board? also what if it dont work after i reset the comp... what do i do?? need help fast on this!

i'm on a laptop now incase ya wondering...
Oh dear. One of the reasons I never use a floppy. I don't know how to get out of that one. Have you managed to fix it yet?

kimandsally said:
Looks like it's going to be a hot flash, if no one local can do it send it to me and I'll flash it and send it back.

a true gentleman. ;)
the brothers of the ultra-d. :p

@NCC do you mean the fan is set that way in BIOS?if so then just disable fan control and it will spin @ 100% all the time.

I turned the comp off and back on after the bios flash lockup and.... it booted up ok! PHEW!

I've managed to flash the bios now, i bought some new floppys, and it worked fine. The floppy i used when it messed up was years old from the days of Windows 3.11.

Kimandsally: Thanks for the offer :) if it really was messed up i would have proberly sent it off to ya!

MR.B said:
I turned the comp off and back on after the bios flash lockup and.... it booted up ok! PHEW!

I've managed to flash the bios now, i bought some new floppys, and it worked fine. The floppy i used when it messed up was years old from the days of Windows 3.11.

Kimandsally: Thanks for the offer :) if it really was messed up i would have proberly sent it off to ya!

Glad it's OK for you, at least now you can have some fun this weekend ;)

Right i'm using WinFlash.

I'm currently on 615 bios, am updating to 623-1 as i have TCCD ram.

What options do i tick in winflash?

BootBlock
DMI Area
Clear CMOS
CMOS Defaults etc...

Any help is greatly appreciated as i'm having trouble with freezes and BSOD's :D and want to update bios and then format.

Cheers,

Andy

Aruffell said:
Right i'm using WinFlash.

I'm currently on 615 bios, am updating to 623-1 as i have TCCD ram.

What options do i tick in winflash?

BootBlock
DMI Area
Clear CMOS
CMOS Defaults etc...

Any help is greatly appreciated as i'm having trouble with freezes and BSOD's :D and want to update bios and then format.

Cheers,

Andy
You sure you want to use that eh Andy? Be safe, use Pershoot's CD! I've only ever used WinFlash once and I didn't have any of those options :confused:

welshtom said:
I use winflash all the time, I tick all the boxes and update it all :).
I dont tick "Clear CMOS" tho. keeps all the settings then.

worked for me everytime.

Tom

Same here, but i tick clr cmos and then i clear the cmos manually after as well and load optimised defaults.

Ok guys HELP lol

It's all gone wrong, i'm now getting a BSOD every time i load up windows, if windows loads up at all :(

Updated the bios to 623 and the BSOD i get is -

An Attempt Was Made To Execute Non-Executable Memory

Windows will only load if i use optimized defaults, if i load my own settings from CMOS Reloaded i cant get even to the windows screen.

When i get into windows it lingers for around 30 seconds, before i can even try to do anything, then when i do it just BSOD's and restarts.

Any ideas chaps?

Should i flash the bios again? If so, to which version, and how should i do it?

Just used Pershoots Bios ISO Cd and flashed again to 623-3.

Flashed fine, configured bios, but instead of getting BSOD's now when i would, it's just restarting, just a black screen then restarting.

Any ideas?

Hmm, repair windows? Only thing I can think of. Try repairing boot block in Recovery console and run a CheckDisk. Could be dodgy memory so test that first but failing that, I don't think it's a hardware issue - especially with that error message you got. Perhaps a nasty virus?

Back
Top Bottom