Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

I recently sourced this waterblock from Italy and i must say its awesome.Chipset temps rarely go above 32 degrees now and thats with a x800XTPE in the loop also. Very happy with it and it was only 48 euros in the end.
IMG_3382.jpg

welshtom said:
I recently sourced this waterblock from Italy and i must say its awesome.Chipset temps rarely go above 32 degrees now and thats with a x800XTPE in the loop also. Very happy with it and it was only 48 euros in the end.
IMG_3382.jpg

WOW! thats a tight fit there! nice block btw.

tomos said:
still undecided about ram for this board. thought about 2gigs ballistix but expensive. how would the geil value run with this board?

2 gig Geil Value is going amazingly on this board. Everything is at stock atm, as I don't want to risk clocking while I'm still using my 20-pin 450w PSU (so I can't tell you much on the OC front yet).

The debate about the 24 or 20-pin PSU would indicate that it may operate ok on 20pin, but if you're trying to diagnose a problem it's better to eliminate the obvious first.

BF2 runs like a dream with the 2 gig Geil value. Most people will tell you it's better to have 2 gig Value as opp. to 1 gig premium.

Adama said:
2 gig Geil Value is going amazingly on this board. Everything is at stock atm, as I don't want to risk clocking while I'm still using my 20-pin 450w PSU (so I can't tell you much on the OC front yet).

The debate about the 24 or 20-pin PSU would indicate that it may operate ok on 20pin, but if you're trying to diagnose a problem it's better to eliminate the obvious first.

BF2 runs like a dream with the 2 gig Geil value. Most people will tell you it's better to have 2 gig Value as opp. to 1 gig premium.

hopefully will be in stock by time i buy the bits

You can SLI 2slot/watercooled GFX coolers on that - which is probably the only main design issue with the DFI NF4 series - I can stop recommending the Asus ones now for that :)...

Is it me or have they removed the 2 power connectors?!? (or is the one above the first PCIe slot the floppy one - cant tell, but an evl place if it is)

EDIT: Tho I doubt you can fit an XP-120 on that now with the capacitors down one side...

After reading the thread I doubt you can have a 20pin PSU on that since it seems to use the newer BTX power connector; if you dont have a BTX PSU youll have to replace it without a chance of using your old one in the meantime? - have to admit I dont like the RAM where it is - prefered the 'BTX' orientation myself...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Same here.... ive got 2 512MB sticks of 3200 corsair xms pro and have just bought 2 more sticks of 512mb corsair xms xpert.... and guess what! wont boot with more than 2 sticks installed. I can mix and match em into almost and configuration of any 2 sticks in any 2 slots but i try 3 or 4 sticks and nada... nothing!..... this is really annoying as these boards were SUPPOSED to run with 4 slots filled. Bah!!! :mad:

AtreuS said:
Same here.... ive got 2 512MB sticks of 3200 corsair xms pro and have just bought 2 more sticks of 512mb corsair xms xpert.... and guess what! wont boot with more than 2 sticks installed. I can mix and match em into almost and configuration of any 2 sticks in any 2 slots but i try 3 or 4 sticks and nada... nothing!..... this is really annoying as these boards were SUPPOSED to run with 4 slots filled. Bah!!! :mad:

What bios are you using at the moment?

Jimbu said:
isnt the second pcie slot 8x rather than 16x
2x as I understand it in non-SLI mode, when in SLI they both become 8x (well halved 16x lane)...

Got my X850XT PE in it still on 2x - hasnt seemed to affect it - too lazy to change the jumpers :p

ps3ud0 :cool:

AtreuS said:
Latest official one. Been playing a bit but still no luck :mad:

Well maybe im having a little more luck than you as I can get mine going with with 4x sticks. Its just if I turn off my pc for a while it gives me a little grief, so I just have to take out 2 sticks, boot up, then shut down. Put the other 2 sticks back in and it works. Most of the time I dont have to do that, it will just boot up with 4 sticks as normal, but then again I should never have to do that. I never had a problem with just 2 sticks ever. It's a shame they dont do any 1gig modules that can do really tight timings because I would have gone down that route. Im using the lastest beta bios which is N4D702-2 (oskar wu beta). Im pretty sure it's a bios problem.

My Ram BIOS Settings are:

Vddr: 3.3v
Tcl: 1.5
Trcd: 2
Tras: 5
Trp: 2
Trc: 7
Trfc: 15
Trrd: 2
Twr: 2
Twrt: 2
Trwt: 2
Tref: 3120
Twcl: 1

Bank int.: Enable
Skew control: 255 +
Drive strength: 8
Data strength: 1
Max. Async: 6ns
Read Preamble: 4.5ns
Idle Cycle: 16
Dyn. Counter: Enable
R/W Bypass: 16x
Bypass Max: 7x
32Bit Gran.: Disable

:)

Last edited:
AtreuS said:
Just tried updating to the BIOS you are on.... shoved all 4 sticks in and it booted!! only found 1GB though and wouldnt boot again with all 4 in. This is deffo a BIOS problem somewhere along the line.

Yeah it's strange. Perhaps you need to do the full reboot thing where you take out the battery on the mobo and clear the cmos for a good 5 min or so. Then boot up with 2 sticks, let it do it's posts screens. Shut down and add the other 2 sticks. Give it a go I know it works for me. Rememeber also, I dont know if your doing it or not but you need to be running 2T not 1T for 4 sticks - not that it makes any difference in performance. Some people say it affects performance running 2T but I cant notice any. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom