Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

MR.B said:
So if i set it to 1.3v will that be ok for air cooling?
in the CPU VID control option (which is the second option you mentioned) do i set it to 1.3v or would that be +1.3v on top of what its already set to?.. i just have to be totally sure, dont want to kill this CPU...

Setting it to 1.3V will manually set it to the default voltage for the X2, I would start with 1.35V and take it from there and just keep an eye on the load temps (use 2 instances of Prime).

Jokester

If 1.3v is the default voltage then it was under-voltage before at 1.26v... set it to 1.32 and it says 1.33v in bios but CPUZ is saying 1.29 - 1.31 (keeps changing) anyway so far i'm at 2450mhz, 60mhz higher than i could get before, and everything seems to be ok now, so far..

So i guess it wasnt my RAM, the CPU just needed a tiny bit more voltage.

I've had this board for a while and ever since i've got it ive been getting this wierd bug i guess. Sometimes when i go to shutdown my pc it doesnt shutdown. Windows quits, the moniter goes on standyby however all the fans are still spinning. Pressing reset doesnt work. The only way i can fix it is to manually unplug the pc. I'm not sure if this is the mobo or the psu but considering the pc wont reset i'm guessing its the mobo.

The only thing i can think of that might have caused this is when i did some damage to the temp monitering chip. I accidently connected a fan with too high a draw to the mobo and after a couple of days the mobo stopped supplying power to the fan and the temp monitering chip stopped working. As soon as i umplugged the fan and hooked iot up direct to the psu everythign worked fine. The temp chip started working again and all.

Hope you can help

a64 3500+
1gig ballistix
tagan 480w
6800gt

simeon said:
My ballistix love the 180 divider but when i change it down to the 166 divider keeping all other setings the same it wont boot.

Exactly the same problem here Simeon :mad:

I know the rig can go higher, but I just can't push the ram any higher whilst using the 180 divider. As it is I'm lucky to be getting 222MHz out of 200 speed ram!

Out of interest - are you still using an old 20-pin PSU? I'm replacing mine in the next week to get the recommended 24-pin. Maybe that will make up the difference.

Let you know if I have any luck.

Jokester said:
Set the second one to the voltage you want and match the Startup voltage to it. On air with a X2 you shouldn't need to use the overvoltage options but merely the 0.025V step increases the standard voltages offer (upto 1.55V or whatever you feel comfortable with).

Jokester

You should match the start-up voltage to the main voltage? I have it set at 1.45 *110 I think (in poland atm) so do I set the start-up to 1.45 too?

Ive un-plugged the PSU from the mobo so it gets a nice long reset:D hopefully the 2 weeks off will sort the problems, probably not tho!

Concorde :(

Adama said:
Exactly the same problem here Simeon :mad:

I know the rig can go higher, but I just can't push the ram any higher whilst using the 180 divider. As it is I'm lucky to be getting 222MHz out of 200 speed ram!

Out of interest - are you still using an old 20-pin PSU? I'm replacing mine in the next week to get the recommended 24-pin. Maybe that will make up the difference.

Let you know if I have any luck.

Yes my PSU is only 20-pin but why would this effect the 166 divider and not the 180?

I am also thinking about upgrading my PSU.

ps3ud0 said:
Ouch didnt know it was that bad - thank god I didnt plump for some 2GB Corsair when they were cheap...

ps3ud0 :cool:
I read a post by A_G @ DFI street saying how many cases he's seen of Corsair just not working with these boards and it has cropped up elsewhere too apparently.

Hmmm I wonder what nVidia overlooked to cause such issues, I doubt Corsair would drop the ball even tho they arent the best as they used to be (moreso the fact other performance mem makers have popped up).

Im gonna go down the Micron route and pick up some 2GB Kit Crucial Value maybe with a X2 4400+ - seem to be ignore by most for some reason ;)

Just waiting to get these GSkill moved on (not even o/ced them :eek: - moving from 1.2Tbird to this, still impressed @ stock)

whatever I set in the bios, the vcore seems slightly lower in cpu-z/mbm5 (using that DFI mbm config file from dfi street).

For example:

If I set 1.4V*113% = 1.582V in the DFI bios (623-3), CPU-Z reports 1.536V, and MBM reports 1.54
If I set 1.275V*126% = 1.607V, CPU-Z reports 1.552V and MBM reports 1.55V (it seems MBM rounds the number up/down)

So, do I believe what I've worked out from the bios settings, or is it actually CPU-Z & MBM5 which are reporting correctly? I hope it's the latter since I didn't want to pump so much voltage through the X2 to get it stable :o

I have the same problem with mine, says its higher in bios but CPUZ says its lower. Dont really bother me much though..

Does Patriot RAM work ok with this board? and what about Mushkin? i want 2x1gb sticks with low timings and decent at overclocking...

Perhaps do a thread in the Mem forums? I know theres quite a few threads on the best mem to have with the DFI NF4 series there...

I doubt youll find a 2GB Kit which will do both of those well compared to 1GB stuff for an age yet - most seem to stop at around 230FSB it seems...

Last edited:
Trouble with DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-D

Switch the system off last night and the computer failed to turn off completely? Switched on again this morning and all I get is the NFI N4 screen?? Can anyone help, what do I do, please.

princejim said:
Switch the system off last night and the computer failed to turn off completely? Switched on again this morning and all I get is the NFI N4 screen?? Can anyone help, what do I do, please.
Clear CMOS. Then try to boot up again.

aftershxck said:
whatever I set in the bios, the vcore seems slightly lower in cpu-z/mbm5 (using that DFI mbm config file from dfi street).

For example:

If I set 1.4V*113% = 1.582V in the DFI bios (623-3), CPU-Z reports 1.536V, and MBM reports 1.54
If I set 1.275V*126% = 1.607V, CPU-Z reports 1.552V and MBM reports 1.55V (it seems MBM rounds the number up/down)

So, do I believe what I've worked out from the bios settings, or is it actually CPU-Z & MBM5 which are reporting correctly? I hope it's the latter since I didn't want to pump so much voltage through the X2 to get it stable :o

Can someone verify please? I made a separate thread which has gone unanswered, wouldn't have thought in this huge thread nobody would not know a definite answer to this...

Back
Top Bottom