Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Associate
ah ok.

whats the difference between DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR and DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-D ?
is it just the extra SATA's and LAN and carry strap ? and is it worth the £20 extra if i dont need the extra SATA's and LAN ?

thanks!

Associate
anyone using OCZ 1GB (2 x 512MB) PC3200 Dual Channel Platinum Series EL-DDR Revsion2 Cas2 with the board or doesnt the board like Ocz?

Soldato
wush said:
What's the problem? That Corsair 2GB kit runs fine.
You have been lucky. Angry_Games said at DFI street that he's seen so many cases where the Corsair doesn't play ball with their nF4 boards. So many cases that he advises people not to use it IIRC.

Soldato
Okay, fair enough. I was under the impression that there were only problems with the early BIOS versions and it was all fixed. I'm fairly certain there are plenty of posters on this forum with that set up and no problems though.

Soldato
ive just formatted my pc as it was getting a bit clutter... and while i did that i thought that i would flash the bios on my board so it was a bit more up to date. I flashed it with the 623 bios but cant get it to run at 1t. I had it running fine at 1t on the 310 bios for several months, now when i boot with 1t it gets to windows but has to run the display in 4 bit colour:S

Ive tried losening the ram timings but that hasnt had any effect, ive upped the voltages etc, but it still wont run at 1t.. any ideas?

Associate
I'm thinking of putting the DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D in my next build in a couple of weeks. I don't get much luck with new goods ( had to return my neo2 and tagan PSU on my last build) and am not happy that I would have to sent a new MB back to the Netherlands on RMA if it was faulty on installation. Has anyone had a faulty DFI from new and how long did the RMA take. I'd also be interested to know what postage cost were incurred.

Associate
ive just got one of these boards, and im a bit stuck. so far im getting 296x9 1:1 but when I boot in over 296 say 300 fsb then the board will not go into windows. it will memtest stable upto 305 but just wont boot into windows. any solutions? Its not the ldt being too high as when I put it down to 3x instead of 4x its just the same. my 3700+ will do 2750 easy, so its not that either!?

Soldato
WRT to the Corsair issue, it only appears to affect the TCCD stuff like the 4400. I had huge problems as did our test boards when using the 4400 Corsair but fine with any OCZ. However, the 2Gb 3200 XMS kit has been flawless in this board for me.

Soldato
That may be so, but Angry_Games @ DFI street said there have been so many problems with Corsair IIRC. You'd probably need to ask him though as he knows the full story about Corsair and the DFI's.

Associate
@ nO}{8

try using a prog called clockgen or an overclocking prog u can use in windows and use it in ghost mode to put the settings on when windows startsup or just to activate it when u want

Associate
Jimbu said:
@ nO}{8

try using a prog called clockgen or an overclocking prog u can use in windows and use it in ghost mode to put the settings on when windows startsup or just to activate it when u want

clockegen seems to reboot my system when I make even a small adjustment, but I was just wondering what was the factor that was limiting me, Ive got the dfi sli-dr and as soon as it gets up to the "verifying DMI pool data" screen after the pci irq listing it just hangs and reboots. wierd.

Associate
[ui]ICEMAN said:
WRT to the Corsair issue, it only appears to affect the TCCD stuff like the 4400. I had huge problems as did our test boards when using the 4400 Corsair but fine with any OCZ. However, the 2Gb 3200 XMS kit has been flawless in this board for me.

Ive got some 4400 corsair xms stuff, and I too had big problems with this. In the end i found the problem, it was the data strength setting, by default it was set to 4 but lowering it to 1 was all that was needed. It booted fine with it set to 4 but memtest would fail almost instantly. at the mo im sitting pretty at [email protected]/4/4/8 with 2.95v thats with active cooling. Its run 12 hours of memtest and prime 95 straight without a glitch.

Associate
I'm still having reliability issues with my DFI and 'whatever is causing the problem's.

I get random crashed within Windows XP whenever I try to run my Graphics cards in SLi. I originally thought it might have been the memory, and had numerous posts on here (prolly annoying a few people with repeat questions) trying to diagnose the issues.

I have fiddled with the memory settings on the BIOS loads of times with no luck and cannot sustain ANY kind of overclock with it.

The only way it has ever got stable was to totally remove one of the graphics cards from the equation.

I bought this system to specifically run a SLi configuration with my BFG 6800 GT's so therefore my PSU is a 600W Ernamax SLI compatible item, and everything else should be high end. (cost me the best part of £1750)

I have proper cooling, I even changed the GPU coolers to Arctic Coolers also.

I am just miffed as to why it fails and re boots all the time.

I have changed the drivers from old WHQL certified ones up to the latest and then beta drivers also, with no luck, sometimes when it crashes the windows error report brings back an unknown error and other times it reckons it was a Nvidia driver error.

I have been over all the Power plugs on the mobo with now luck, they are all plugged in. I am now so gutted, a the £500+ I spend on graphics cards is wasted as atm one of the cards is redundant!

Could it be a broken PSU? is there a way to measure if it is fubared?

I on rare occasions get a message up on the screen from the Nvidia software / Driver stating the the card has had its performance decreased due to power issues and then the red LED on the card itself (do you know the one?) that is near where the 6 pin power cable plugs in will turn out untill the machine is restarted manually.

I hope it is simply the PSU, as that isn't a total disaster to replace (me fitting the Arctic Coolers would have prolly made any kind of return void now)

Thanks

Dale

(****** off computer muppet)

Associate
I'm very sorry to here about your problems, must be a real arse,

I also spen a few hundereds on my pc and it wasn't working to start off with, i can't remember what i did to fix it, but it has nothing to do with your problems, still annoys me to this day.

Try getting another PSU or RMA yolur current one.

You can measure your 5v and 12v rails quite easily with a multimeter to see if your psu is the culprit. The 3.3v i don't know how to measure tbh

Have you tried plugging different power connectors into your gfx card to see if its just one connector thats fubared?

Best of luck

edit, have you tried both of the cards as a single card or just one?
Does the low power light appear on both cards or just one?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom