Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Associate
Just wanted to say I have been using Corsair with my Dfi from day one with no problems at all. Is the issue just with the 4400? It runs happily at 2 3 3 6 1.1 1t with 250x11 for everyday use and will push onto 259x11 2.5 3 3 6 1.1 1t for benching. As I'm working with an xp120 air cooling I won't push further! Bios at the moment is 702-3

Soldato
Okay - I'm having trouble with my PC at the moment, and it seems to be motherboard ralated stability problems.

To save me readin through the last 50 pages or so, could someone point me to the best BIOS for *stability* at the moment? Not interesting in any clocking, for the time being (have to have a working PC for project work!).

cheers :)

Soldato
Cheers guys - I'll give the 623-3s a try :)

Not sure exactly what's up with my computer atm, but I've narrowed it down to CPU / mobo by replacing the oother components. I was worried that it would be condensation (haven't checked under the condensor head yet), but the fact that I just lost both of my SATA drives suggests it might be something else motherboard related.

Associate
As anyobe got a link to the latest official bios ,as ive downloaded 3 thinking they were official but were beta's,Thanks

Associate
Hello i have a question..

I have the hiper type r 580 watt modular PSU. It only came with one floppy connector which now powers the actual floppy not the connection on the mobo. I have read that it should be placed on the mobo for stability. Has any body else have this issue and is it easy enough to get another floopy cable for this psu?

Caporegime
Yes have both molex/floppy power connectors connected - they are there for a reason other than to be poked at ;)

You can get a floppy power splitter (molex to molex and floppy is probably best) for pennies, so you can connect the PSU even with only 1 normal floppy power connector - luckily its irrelevant thats its a modular PSU if you have a spare molex...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
Sweet i will pick up a floppy power splitter tomorrow.

This is probably a stupid question but i have one modular cable left over that i have not installed this is the 6 pin molex that i think is for the PCI Express where does this go, i bet i have just misssed this altogether LOL.

Cheers

Associate
blueslinky said:
This is probably a stupid question but i have one modular cable left over that i have not installed this is the 6 pin molex that i think is for the PCI Express where does this go, i bet i have just misssed this altogether LOL.

Cheers

dont think you need it on 6600 gt card,( not sure tbh,) check the back of your card

Associate
The 6 pin is usually at the end on the top of the card.

|----------| <---- 6 Pin is here on my 6800 GT's
| |
|----------|

^
Front of card where
monitor plugs in

Sorry for crappy diagram, at work and got no screenies.

Again, not sure if the 6600 needs it though.

Associate
To be honest, I don't know the answer to that question...
But if the cards have the ability to run in SLi then I would have thought that no it won't effect it, as if they were produced with SLi functionality in mind and don't have the connectors for extra power then it probably means that they don't need the extra power.

I think the the cards that have the connector need the lead plugged in regardless of whether they are running in SLi or not (not 100% sure on that though!)

Associate
Cool that sounds about right to me. Another question for you..
Onboard sound or Creative soundblaster 5.1 sound card i have just got my hands on. Would the sounblaster be better?

Associate
I am trying to connect my LCD to the mobo and i cannot find where i plug in the last two connections
a HDD led 2 pin male and the female version

does anybody know please?

Back
Top Bottom