Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Permabanned
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17458236

dfi problem any help would be great

pretty similar to here i have onl;y 1 memory module and it doesnt seem to like that.

i cant flash the bios using a floppy as i dont have a floppy drivbe in at the mo and i cant get a bios onto a floppy as my pc wont boot and this one is a work pc that i cant dl anything to.

been suggested to use a usb pendrive to flash from but i dunno how to do that.

why cant it just work?

Associate
Had the same problem nicked a floppy from server at work then brought one as its cheep and needed for this board, not tried the USB pen thing but guess you would select removeable drive to boot from in the bios
pain but bios update sorted my ram problems took me a week had 3 faulty ide cables,1 maybe but 3. sorted now and was worth the hassle.
system rocks
this board will run a lot of stuff most won't. and then some
so you have to be prepaired to play a bit i did not realise either
great learning curve if your planning to overclock it later. but pain if you
want to be playing games 1hr after getting it
Simon

Last edited:
Permabanned
got things sorted now but it still wont use my 512mb stick.

will try a few different bios versions after the weekend and see if it fixes the ram thing and lets me get out of the dreaded 256mb of memory holding my whole system back problem

i have started a new thread http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17458555

trying to get info on the best configuration of mem and timings to use with this board.

hopefully will be investing in some new ram next friday (payday) as i want to get the most from this machine but i want to be sure what everyone considers the best before i pay out a whole lot more cash to ocuk.

still quite impressed by a stock 3700+ and stock 7800gtx getting 22944 on 3d01 and about 6k on 3d05 even though some of the scenes in 05 only ran at 1fps!!!

i really need more RAM

all you help on the other thread would be most appreciative

T

Associate
DFI mobo came back from overclockers and only runs mem test?

Sent my mobo to be checked at Overclockers, they said the firmware needed upgrading. This they did and returned the mobo to me. However, the mobo will only go into a mem test, diferent patterns, up to 8 tests at a time. I am very confused, nothing I do will make the system do anything except these mem test. Can anyone help. Please.

Soldato
Hi,

I'm getting an issue everytime I reboot. The chipset fan goes into overdrive and seems to carry on for about 10-15 seconds, (as opposed to the usual 3-4 secs) the monitor then goes into standby. As soon as that happens, the monitor then wakens and it starts POST, it's really odd, almost as though it's getting stuck waiting for something, anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers.

Associate
hi, just a few notes to anyone getting a DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLi-D - Dont get Corsair memory - this board dont like it :eek: OCZ is good :D

Also if you buy a Hiper Type R 580W, there is only 1 floppy lead (u need 2 if you want a floppy drive coz the motherboard takes one also !).

other than that, its working nicely now :)

Soldato
Arcane said:
Hi,

I'm getting an issue everytime I reboot. The chipset fan goes into overdrive and seems to carry on for about 10-15 seconds, (as opposed to the usual 3-4 secs) the monitor then goes into standby. As soon as that happens, the monitor then wakens and it starts POST, it's really odd, almost as though it's getting stuck waiting for something, anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers.

Anyone? ;)

Associate
hi
first of all, sorry for my English, im from Brazil and i moved to London last july.
now im here and get internet and my laptop to search good components to built my computer im getting crazy wich components to choose.

The mobo i'had decide was DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR but after reading this post im in doubt!!!
I saw so many troubles with this mobo in using the correct memory, and even the power suply that im changing my mind and maybe ill get a ASUS mobo.
:mad:

but i show you what i have in mind what i would like to buy and some help it would be so nice....

-DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR
-AMD Athlon 64 4000 San Diego or AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego or AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 3800( i havent decided yet)
-Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX (2x1GB)
-XFX GeForce 7800GTX Extreme Gamer
-Western Digital Raptor 74GB
-Western Digital Caviar Special Edition 250GB 2500KS SATA-II 16MB Cache
-Tagan TG530-U15 530W ATX2.01 Easycon SLi Compliant
- CMSTACKER case T-01
- any idea for a good cooler??
every help will be nice
tks
Rafael

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hi rpcruz28 - welcome...,

Id suggest you post a new thread on your topic in the mobo forum, as obviously only ppl that have or are considering the DFI NF4 mobos will be checking this thread so you could get a biased opinion ;) - youd probably have better luck aswell...

The DFI is just like a lot of other mobos, just that it needs quite a bit of tweaking to get all the o/cing potential out of it (I think its as stable @ stock as any other mobos out there) and seems to only dislike Corsair memory, it works with those sticks, but it seems to be luck more than anything IMO (that PSU would be fine BTW)...

GL

@Arcane - Not heard of that before, sounds like a power issue on boot - try and see if you can replicate it with the barebones installed and powered - if it works then your PSU may not be powerful enough (remember @ boot is when your PC is at its most demanding power-wise)...

P.S. I just noticed youre on a A00 board, if memory serves me correct DFI were prompting users to contact them regards possible RMAs on that revision - Im surprised they are still out there TBH...
First Post said:
1: Revision sticker can be found on the bottom edge of the last PCI slot. RevA01 and A02 have identical components/build, just differ in BIOS version. A00 should be returned(not to be confused with AA0). DFI has stated that if you are unhappy with a revA01, RMA it to them and they will make the changes needed for it to be a RevA02.
HTH

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
Would like to hear from anyone running 4 x 512 Corsair 3200\3500 Old Skool BH5 successfully on their DFI .
Any info re Timings , settings , Volts would be appreciated

Associate
TheMooN said:
Would like to hear from anyone running 4 x 512 Corsair 3200\3500 Old Skool BH5 successfully on their DFI .
Any info re Timings , settings , Volts would be appreciated

Ditto for anyone running this:

OCZ 1GB (2 x 512MB) PC3200 Dual Channel Platinum Series EL-DDR REVISION 2 CAS2 (MY-048-OC)

with the DFI N4 SLI DR board, as i'm also not sure this is working properly either.

(main problem with the SLi BFG 6800 GT's still exists though GRRR)

Soldato
Hi,

Just a quick question that i'd like to be answered :D

Ive got my 3000 venice running at 2.6Ghz. Ive got my gskill LA ram tweaked all the memory settings (took me a whole day! :eek: ) and the timmings are 2.5-4-3-7 1T 1:1 @ 290FSB.

Ive heard Smids helping out another guy on the forum telling him the 623 bios is the best for overclocking. Now if i flash my bios to this (my current is 510 hellfire i think) would it loose all the memory settings?

Cheers,
G

Soldato
Gangster said:
Hi,

Just a quick question that i'd like to be answered :D

Ive got my 3000 venice running at 2.6Ghz. Ive got my gskill LA ram tweaked all the memory settings (took me a whole day! :eek: ) and the timmings are 2.5-4-3-7 1T 1:1 @ 290FSB.

Ive heard Smids helping out another guy on the forum telling him the 623 bios is the best for overclocking. Now if i flash my bios to this (my current is 510 hellfire i think) would it loose all the memory settings?

Cheers,
G
Well it certainly is one of the best released so far. Very stable and a good clocker - a must for X2 owners. Not sure how it performs on the single cores but I assume it must be good for those too. You would lose all memory settings, yes, unless you save them in CMOS Reloaded (uses a separate ROM independant of the CMOS). Then you could flash, and load the settings from the CMOS reloaded. However, I read Oskar saying something about a change in BIOS's. I can't remember if it was for July BIOS's or the 623 but one of them implemented a change meaning memory settings which were prevously stable would no longer be and you would have to rediscover the settings. Sorry. It may well be in your interests just to keep that Hellfire BIOS as it is a very good BIOS I hear. Unless you need something specific, like for an X2, you'd probably be wasting your time. HTH.

Soldato
ps3ud0 said:
I just hope his PC is still working ;):p

ps3ud0 :cool:
LOL!

Without responsibility ;)

If people don't know how to flash safely and properly, then they shouldn't. Of course you do have to start somewhere to learn. DFI are good anyway, you could just RMA the CMOS chip and they will program it for you. Before flashing, you need to know exactly what you are doing/consequences. I provide advice on which but not how :cool:

Back
Top Bottom