Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Associate
I have now resolved the previous issue by daisy chaining two hdd led cables off the mobo and the lcd is working fine as is the case HDD Led.

I have a sound issue now and wondered if i could get some advice please?

I have connected my case's sound connections to the top of the karajan audio module but i have the below problem.

I now have them connected under the rear fan on top of the karajan audio module but when i plug in the headphone jack to the front of the case or the rear headphone point i only get sound in one ear when i pull the jack out a little i sound it both ears but the jack is not securley in place.
Does this sound like i have connection in the wrong place or perhaps dicky headphones?

Any Ideas?

Associate
Blueslinky,

Two 6600gt's work fine in sli, they are not as power hungry as the 6800/7800's so don't need the 6 pin power connectors.

With your sound problem - have you connected all the cables to their pins on the audio module? Suppose it depends on your case wiring. Built mine back in May so I'd have to have a look. Oh for a memory!

Soldato
After a few months of leaving it alone ive finally decided to update my BIOS, im on 414-3 or 1 I dunno.

However, whats the flavour of trhe month BIOS now? Should I get the DFI relesed one or a Oskar WU one?

Any suggestions?

Cheers Conc

Soldato
Hi, I just wanted to ask the people who own an DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D (Socket 939) (I am planning to buy on of them) recommend me a good RAM, at the moment I am on the Corsair 1GB DDR XMS3200C2 Pro TwinX (2x512MB) CAS2 (MY-026-CS)
corsairpro_twinx.jpg

Will it go well with that mobo?

Associate
KizZ said:
Hi, I just wanted to ask the people who own an DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D (Socket 939) (I am planning to buy on of them) recommend me a good RAM, at the moment I am on the Corsair 1GB DDR XMS3200C2 Pro TwinX (2x512MB) CAS2 (MY-026-CS)
corsairpro_twinx.jpg

Will it go well with that mobo?

Corsair Ram has had problems on skt939 DFi's. Better to go for OCZ...

Associate
Just order a DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D.

Let me get this right
this from another overclock site no gonna say who.

DFI’s proprietary Dual Xpress Graphics technology brings the new LANPartyUT NF4 Ultra-D motherboard to utmost flexibility in multiple display support (ie: 2x Graphics cards to allow 4 monitor outputs). DFI LANPartyUT nF4 Ultra-D package does not come with the SLI bridge since the motherboard does not support the SLI feature.

But if you look on Http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Socket_939.html

DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-014-DF)
Keeping the signature UV-reactive components on board, the UT series aims to please with its rich feature set and outstanding price per performance. Understanding the needs for a versatile hardware platform, this series caters to enthusiasts who are on the cutting edge of technology while still wishing to take advantage of mature standards the industry currently offers. Available in both Intel ® and AMD ® platforms, the LANParty UT series offers a wide range of motherboards to choose from.

- DXG (Dual Xpress Graphics) supported
- Karajan Audio (Theater like7.1 /8ch supported)
- Dual Gigabit LAN
- nVIDIA nVRAID
- nVIDIA nTune (embedded overclocking solution)
- nVIDIA ActiveArmor (Embedded hardware firewall & network solution)
- nF4 chipset supported Serial ATA(3Gb/s)
- 100% Japanese Capacitors
- UV sensitive slots
- EZ-on / EZ-touch onboard switch button
- CMOS reloaded®
- All New Genie BIOS
- Supplied with nVidia SLi Bridge connector!!! <<-----

So why ??

So i will be unbale to bridge my 2 cards or jsut saying you can but we don`t supply a bridge for it.

Lost here ???

Snaped the board off e-bay at a low price not checking if it would surport my 2 x GTX.

But will i be able to or do i have to get the DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-D

Last edited:
Caporegime
As Concorde said the Ultra-D doesnt come with a SLI bridge and AFAIK only the early ones could be modded for full SLI support before nVidia put a stop to this - I doubt youll easily find a SLI bridge seperately and even if you did, theres no guarantee that your Ultra-D can be modded...

Im unsure how good DXG is (I think its meant to be quite close to SLI performance) - best to get a SLI-D...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Permabanned
DXg just means you can run 4 monitors doesnt it?? ITs not a way for both cards to work together.

Maybe it is supplied with a connector, just needs to be modded for it to work

Tom

Soldato
welshtom said:
DXg just means you can run 4 monitors doesnt it?? ITs not a way for both cards to work together.

Maybe it is supplied with a connector, just needs to be modded for it to work

Tom
:eek: Your sig. R507 Mach II? That's like a Mach II GT II :p. Temps?

Anyway, yeah, no SLi. I'm pretty sure you still can mod the chipset to run SLi. It's just a case of soldering one bridge to enable it - unless they have put some special cuts in there now :confused:

Man of Honour
Though I'd love to read through the entire thread, I'll just post here and hope for a quick reply. I think my problem is motherboard related.

I've got an Ultra-D, and when I've been playing videos & and sometimes the odd game, a loud, single beep comes from the PC. From the sound of the fans, it seems I can hear the fans speeding up around the time of the beep. I've checked my CPU temperature, that's at 38 degrees, and never seems to go any higher, so I don't think it's that.

Could it be my graphics card?

Spec:
3200 Winchester
1GB 3200 Corsair XMS Ram
OcUK Value X850 XT

Cheers for any reply.

Back
Top Bottom