Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

IzaLearnin said:
To cool my xp120 I have a papst 120mm 4 pin fan connected to a psu molex. Does the m/b cpu fan header have sufficient supply for me to connect the papst using a 4 pin to 3 pin converter?
Depends on the spec of the fan - tho if it came with a 4pin natively usually the manu is trying to give you a hint ;) - tho some are untailed so upto users preference...

I think most mobo headers can support around 1A - whats your fan model number?

Meridian said:
You do realise that if I buy this RAM and it also doesn't work I will have to kill you?

M
Get in line ;):p

ps3ud0 :cool:

smids said:
although it only says PC3200, is rated up to DDR600.

Yea - now I've read the blurb properly I see what you mean. Now to see how this things benches with slower RAM against the 4400 when it was working, to see if I want to splash out on yet more RAM. So little money, so many things need buying.... :(

M

Ps3ud0
Papst fan is:12cm, type 4412 fm, 12v dc 270ma, 3.2w, 7-12.6v dc, +red -blue. Pass through connector red to yellow, blue to black. It's ok on the psu molex (full speed) but I would prefer to have some control over it via the cpu header and smartguardian.

Meridian
I just tried 623-3 bios and it doesn't work well for me either! Best for me is 702-3 so I'm flashing back to that.

Been rock solid 250x11, 1.225x123% cpu, 2.9vdimm 1t, 1:1,
2.0, 3, 6, 3, 9, 12, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3072, 1, bank int enabled, skew auto, drive strength 8, data strength 2, max async 8ns, read preamble 5ns,idle cycle auto, dyn. counter enable, r/w bypass 16x, bypass max 7x, 32 bit disabled.

Has done 30200 in 3dmark01, late 17's in 03 and 7913 in 05.

cpu runs fine at 260x11 using divider but needs more volts - ok for benching but not 24/7 on air.

I need some urgent help!

I tried to update my bios with Winflash (which is what I always use) and my pc crashed half way through :(

Now it wont boot at all, what can I do to sort out the problem?

I have tried to reset the cmos and it has done nothing.

Please help!

Last edited:
IzaLearnin said:
Ps3ud0
Papst fan is:12cm, type 4412 fm, 12v dc 270ma, 3.2w, 7-12.6v dc, +red -blue. Pass through connector red to yellow, blue to black. It's ok on the psu molex (full speed) but I would prefer to have some control over it via the cpu header and smartguardian.
Youll be fine since it only requires c. 0.3amps off the 12V rail - mobo header would be more than capable to supply that...

You could always consider a 7v/5v volt mod as I have done on my Panaflo H, though for more control what you suggest is the easiest way to do it...

You've probably tried clearing the bios if no give it a try, other then that i cant think of anything but just had a look at my motherboard and it looks like the bios chip is removable so i dont know if you could get that flashed somewhere or RMA it?

I would assume that your BIOS chip is effectively dead (well the info on it required for the POST and BIOS is garbled) so I would either try and hotflash it if you have a friend nearby with the same mobo or you should be able to send the chip away for it to be re-programmed/replaced for a few quid (I think its like £10-£15)...

I would give you a website, but as Im in college Ive got limited net access Im afraid - sure I wrote a post not too long ago regards a webby - Ill try and find it now...

EDIT: Seems it was pruned - just found this on this thread (some helpful people there :D)

HTH of some help - unsure you can recover it without getting it reprogrammed Im afraid...

Last edited:
ps3ud0 said:
I would assume that your BIOS chip is effectively dead (well the info on it required for the POST and BIOS is garbled) so I would either try and hotflash it if you have a friend nearby with the same mobo or you should be able to send the chip away for it to be re-programmed/replaced for a few quid (I think its like £10-£15)...

I would give you a website, but as Im in college Ive got limited net access Im afraid - sure I wrote a post not too long ago regards a webby - Ill try and find it now...

EDIT: Seems it was pruned - just found this on this thread (some helpful people there :D)

HTH of some help - unsure you can recover it without getting it reprogrammed Im afraid...

Thanks for that.

I have ordered 2 new bios chips. I thought I'd better get 2 just so I have a spare one incase the same thing happens (although I think I know why my pc crashed now) but you can never be to careful :rolleyes:

Thanks again for that link, you saved my life! :)

Last edited:
Im trying to setup fan temps through speedfan with me DFI ultra d,Its detected them all with chip IT8712F and ive labled up the fans for cpu/case /chipset.

But its also detected 2 other chips 1's LM75 which reads 0c all the time and the other sensor chip is ACPI which reads 40c does anyone know what these are is the ACPI a sensor in the powersupply? i have a enermax noiseblocker 370w ,Is just these 2 im trying to find what they are reading the values from,thanks

Back
Top Bottom