Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Associate
ok cheers ive done the same for now.Ive got mine like this does it sound ok to you i want to make sure i got the labels setup correctly for my samurize config:

Speedfan setup

Ive got Chip:IT8712F

TEMP 1 CPU
TEMP 2 CASE
TEMP 3 CHIPSET

And fans:

Fan 1 cpu
fan 2 powesupply (top header on the board above cpu header)
fan 3 chipset

Have i got these setup ok ,thanks

Associate
Argh! This is becoming very annoying. Posted here a while ago about some dodgy RAM issues, RMA'D my crucial Ballistix PC4000 1GB, got a new one and installed it, everything was fine for a month until i powered my computer dow at the wall for the first time, and hey presto, the RAM was fried when I tured it back on. Is the board frying the RAM? I remember a discussion about this a while ago. Also, am I even allowed to RMA a second time? Thaks in advance for all the usual wit and wisdom...

Caporegime
AFAIK the mobo keeps voltage going to the RAM after it is switched off and on from the wall socket (even if PC is not booted up), so I assumed the only problem would be when taking the RAM out and put back in, in such conditions...

Would have thought that if your reasoning was correct then it would fry a lot more RAM (other than Crucial stuff per se) and be a more prominent issue...

Could check out DFI Street for other threads before you RMA (there arent any problems in RMAing how many times you want, other than it has to be justified)

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
dougjustdoug said:
Argh! This is becoming very annoying. Posted here a while ago about some dodgy RAM issues, RMA'D my crucial Ballistix PC4000 1GB, got a new one and installed it, everything was fine for a month until i powered my computer dow at the wall for the first time, and hey presto, the RAM was fried when I tured it back on. Is the board frying the RAM? I remember a discussion about this a while ago. Also, am I even allowed to RMA a second time? Thaks in advance for all the usual wit and wisdom...

So does the PC not even start up at all now? Or is it giving errors in MemTest now? Seems v.odd if its happened twice now.

Cheers.

Man of Honour
And I have a little mystery too (but not as expensive as destroying RAM):

The board and CPU are completely stable at 270 x 10.0 = 2700MHz. The new Geil One RAM is fully stable at 305 x 8.0. But the rig won't even finish booting at 290 x 9.0 (2610). At 285 x 9 it BSODs loading Windows every time.

It's not the CPU, and it's not the RAM, so my last guess is that it's DFI...

M

Soldato
Memory controller Meridian. DFI's are fine for 400mhz FSB, the RAM is fine for the FSB and the only thing which displays this kind of behaviour is the AMD on-die memory controller.

Soldato
Guys can you use a ATX 1.x PSU on this motherboard.
i already have my sata drives connected to my psu
i also have the 4pin 12v connection from my psu problem is i dont know if the main power connector will fit
and i also probably need a PCI molex adapter for the pci card.

currently the 500W psu jeantech is powering

3700+ @2.8ghz
Msi Neo 2 Plat 939 Mobo
2x512 + 1x1024 DDR
4 HDD`s includeing 2 SATA drives
3 Optical drives
7 case fans
ect ect ect

and the psu is working perfectly fine with good rails

so i was hopeing this psu worked with this board becuse it has good power its just the connections im not sure about.

Soldato
smids said:
DFI won't offer support to you if you do use a 20pin PSU. You need a minimum 24pin native PSU 480W.

well compairing my system to your system and all parts ect
what PSU do you recommend i buy thats very powerfull and becuse im a overclocking nut i need good rails.....

and finaly even if DFI wont offer support to me
will the psu i have still work with a 20-24 pin adapter ?

Soldato
9zap said:
yes ** psu will work fine long as it has enough amps on the 12v line
Yeah. You will probably need about 28A MINIMUM on the 12V rail for it to run stable.

You see, you have lots of case fans - all 12v, 4 HDU's - 12v and 5v IIRC and several optical drives. These will place a huge strain on a Jeantech. What graphics card are you going to be using?

Caporegime
TBH with that amount of stuff I wouldnt risk the Jeantech, probably would just about power those - tho I would be worried @ bootup and the margin of safety would just be too slim. What are the specs of the Jeantech? Ive heard of the company regards their cases, just wouldnt know how their PSUs were, I assume they are ones that they put in their cases, which probably arent the best...

As Smids say 480W is the bare minimum recommended for the mobo, but with what you are putting it in I would consider more, especially if the 12V is higher...

Something like an OCZ PS 520W would be good ;) or perchance an Antec...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
GeIL One BH5 in 'This week Only'. Amazing RAM and is rated to be used on this board. Will require active cooling (a slow 120mm fan should do the trick) blowing over the RAM but well worth it. Mine is doing 260mhz 2-2-2-5 1T at the moment with 3.48v.

Back
Top Bottom