Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Associate
Psymonkee said:
Tried that - too fat!

I likes the sounds of that

I might have a few O rings from the GFX Cooler I fitted earlier - Might try that :)

Also I have tried a couple of local shops but no luck there - I'm not sure if they even knew what a chipset fan is :o

Hi mate got some good news for ya, I've just been to my mates who's a modeler and I've scrounged some 2mm screws nuts and washers I have some small O rings that'll fit and do the job, all you'll need to do is cut the screws to the right length best bet would be to assemble it then cut the screws off with some pliers or cutters that way it will burr the threads and it won't fall apart either.
My E mails in trust if you want them. :D

Soldato
Few things here guys and girls.

Am currently on the 310 final bios.

What would be the best bios for me to run, this current one or should i update to something else (TCCD Ram)

Also, i'll be buying one of these shiny new opterons soon, what would be the best ram for me.

I want 300fsb.

Currently have 512mb TCCD.

Would i be best off getting another 512mb or getting bh5 or what?

Associate
Hi there Guys,

Need a little help with my ram on this motherboard, I am using 2Gb Geil Value, but if I use any kind of memory divider on the ram when overclocking I get a BSOD, I can get it to boot with a memory divider of 100Mhz (1/02) but thats way to low.

I 've tried to low the timings and upping the voltage to 2.8v but I still BSOD.

I am on the 310 Bios would anyone recommend a better Bios for these sticks of RAM.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Soldato
Will try asking again.

What bios should i use with TCCD ram?

Currently using 310 final.

Should i update?

2x512 OCZ EL Plat Rev 2

Also, whats the best slots to have the memory in?

Andy

EDIT: I just got the ram i stated above (2x512 OCZ EL Plat Rev 2) to replace my 1x512mb Corsair XLPT.

I normally run at 270fsb/htt, but this ram won't even do it.

I tried 3-4-4-8 at 2.9v but still nothing.

This is TCCD isn't it :o

Andy

Last edited:
Soldato
dam guys is there such a thing as a low profile chipset fan for the Sli-DR mobo
the current fan is crap and my temp reaches 52c max load with this thing that way to hot for my likeing.

is there an alternative ?

Caporegime
zalman6bw.jpg

Never goes above 40 load :)

Permabanned
ViRuS2k said:
dam guys is there such a thing as a low profile chipset fan for the Sli-DR mobo
the current fan is crap and my temp reaches 52c max load with this thing that way to hot for my likeing.

is there an alternative ?

if your not using 2 video cards set your mobo up for Sli then put your video card in slot 2, then put a zalman on the northbridge, dont bother bending it u dont have to 8x performance from slot2 is asgood as 16x from slot1

Back
Top Bottom