Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Associate
??????

pricha3518 said:
mmb5, Showing CPU temp of -1 and the Cae Temp of -62c..I wish LOL

Which one on the list should I be using for DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR mobo.

My Post screen is showing the right temp 38c Cpu, MMb5 is not, can anyone advise at to which of the options I should be selecting in MMB5 as there isn't DFI4 option or recomened a different product.

ta

paul

Soldato
pricha3518 said:
My Post screen is showing the right temp 38c Cpu, MMb5 is not, can anyone advise at to which of the options I should be selecting in MMB5 as there isn't DFI4 option or recomened a different product.

ta

paul
You need to extract this and replace all the files inside with the files in the Data folder :). Don't use the wizard.

EDIT. Changed download to .zip rather than .rar :)

Last edited:
Associate
no show!!

smids said:
You need to extract this and replace all the files inside with the files in the Data folder :). Don't use the wizard.

EDIT. Changed download to .zip rather than .rar :)

unfortunatly see below:

"File /files/7551038/MBMDataFinal.rar has been deleted.
Reason: Deleted by uploader."

any chance you could e-mail it pretty please... :D

Soldato
pricha3518 said:
unfortunatly see below:

"File /files/7551038/MBMDataFinal.rar has been deleted.
Reason: Deleted by uploader."

any chance you could e-mail it pretty please... :D
I changed it, because I wasn't sure if you had WinRAR. It works now :).

Associate
That's Better!!!

:D
smids said:
I changed it, because I wasn't sure if you had WinRAR. It works now :).
Cheers smids that did the trick no more -temps for me... :p
I am working on the FSB at the mo and am on 1272Mhz on a 4x,think that my limit without a volt inc...will working on the cpu next after I have found the FSB limit. didn't want to play change the volts without a MMB!! :D

Associate
done

smids said:
One thing pricha3518, your sig is too big. '4 lines of text max' or '1 pic of no more than 400x75 and 20KB + 1 line of text'. Just edit it before a mod does with one of those yellow 'read the FAQ' ones ;).
doing it now!!!!!

Soldato
Best bios for me?

Looking for a little bit of advice. Just got this board, before I break down my old setup and transplant an X2 4200+ and 2x512mb PC4000 Ballistix. What is the best bios to grab for stability with an R.AB0 Ultra-D. I've had a look around and there's so many different bios' and opinions, I don't know which way to turn.

Last edited:
Soldato
fornowagain said:
Looking for a little bit of advice. Just got this board, before I break down my old setup and transplant an X2 4200+ and 2x512mb PC4000 Ballistix. What is the best bios to grab for stability with an R.AB0 Ultra-D. I've had a look around and there's so many different bios' and opinions, I don't know which way to turn.
Stability and clockability - only one - 623-x depending on your RAM. 623-3 is the latest official but I use the 623-2 because I have BH5 RAM. Get it from here.

Associate
Ok guys..
I have worked out that my max FSB is 321x4=1284, taking my mem to 321Mhz on 3-3-3-8 (not that I know what that means?? lol) with no volts changed!
But I then can't seem to change the x on the cpu away from 4 which is giving me 1.28Mhz on a Opteron 144 ( I belive this is 1.8 stock)? and might explain me low 3d mark 17772.
So I have turned the x up on the cpu and dropped the freq on FSB now this is correct?

212 x4.0 = FSB 848Mhz
212 x9.0 = CPU 1.93Ghz
Vid Control 1.5v
CPU Temp 46c
Pvmic Temp 52
Chip 51
All above under Prim95 idile is about 2c less.
Benching at 23230!

Am I going in the right dir? Should I call it a day??

Last edited:
Soldato
Yup, keep going, you are doing fine. 1.5V should get you to about 2.5ghz so I wouldn't bump that anymore unless it becomes unstable. Work on the core speed now, optimising FSB and memory along the way.

As an aside, aren't the Opterons completely multi locked (up and down) which is why you should only be able to use 2 multis (one for C'n'Q, the other for operating at)? Or am I talking out of my behind?

Associate
smids said:
As an aside, aren't the Opterons completely multi locked (up and down) which is why you should only be able to use 2 multis (one for C'n'Q, the other for operating at)? Or am I talking out of my behind?

You lost me, :D
there is a CPU VID Special Control setting that allows you to set % above VID. But I have left that on Auto!! Also my DRAM is set to Auto as I know the mem should clock to 321Mhz..

Associate
217 x4.0 = FSB
217 x9.0 = CPU
Vid Control 1.5v
CPU Temp 46c
Pvmic Temp 52
Chip 51
All above under Prim95 idile is about 2c less.
Benching at 23295!

Tried to get to 217 with above settings seem to be stuck posting then splash screen and then back to post screen and so on stuck in a loop. Any advice?

Soldato
Darth Sidious said:
yeah seen it dont like it, the performance from using peg2 is minimal so theres no need for that bending unless u go sli, but then u have to mod the chip
Can this be done to the ultra-d aswell as the sli board? Also, is there a BIOS setting that needs to be changed before the graphics card is moved from 1 to 2, as I don't want to set it up only to have to put it back to how it was to change one setting!

fini

Associate
If I were you I wouldn't push those temps any higher. For everyday use I would clock down a little and lower the cpu volts. I use the xp120 and papst 120mm fan to help cool the power heatsinks and ram.

Back
Top Bottom